PDA

View Full Version : JUST PAINTED MY S205!! and the bobcat fleet

mrsops
01-21-2008, 06:09 PM
hey guys we have got no snow here in staten island new york so im trying to keep the boys busy so we painted my s205 bobcat check it out tell me what you think. took a few pics of my other machines and my shop area as well

turboawd
01-21-2008, 06:16 PM
now paint that old 763 and you're golden.

mrsops
01-21-2008, 06:19 PM
thats not mine thats my mechanics lol

cat2
01-21-2008, 06:29 PM
looks great :cool2:

DBL
01-21-2008, 06:30 PM
again very nice stuff there

Gravel Rat
01-21-2008, 06:31 PM
The machines look good :drinkup:

Painting equipment is a pain in the azz I sure hate doing it. I don't have the patients to start with.

It looks like a Bobcat dealer with all the orange and white equipment :laugh:

mrsops
01-21-2008, 06:34 PM
yeah gravel rat it is such a pain to paint these machines all the taping so you dont get any over spray on anything i still got some overspray inside the cab and on some hoses real hard job. bocat i think wanted 1200 to paint the machine only cost me about 700 with labor and paint o yeah and the decals

bobcat_ron
01-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Even though I think the new CAT yellow is very sexy, I got to admit Bobcat white & red ain't that bad looking.

oakhillslandscaping
01-21-2008, 06:41 PM
mrsops you got an awsome fleet of equipment and trucks , great stuff keep it up

mrsops
01-21-2008, 07:03 PM
bobcat ron i think bobcat has the nicest colors, i like newholland as well with the black arms

Fieldman12
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
I like all the pics. Looks like you must have plenty of work the rest of the year to keep all that equipment going.

kreft
01-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Wheres the S330? What do you use to tow all that equipment with?

Landrus2
01-21-2008, 07:40 PM
It looks like bobcat painted them good work do you guys snow plow in winter:drinkup:

mrsops
01-21-2008, 07:41 PM
heres my s330 with my international. i also do alot of towing with my f-750 hooklift i put the machines into the contaniner i also have the flat bed attachment that goes with with that truck, i also have 4 eager beaver trailers

mrsops
01-21-2008, 07:44 PM
yes joe we do alot of plowing and salting as well. this is my f-450 with my 3yard western salt spreader

allinearth
01-21-2008, 08:49 PM
What is that black metal thing with a sort of hook on it by the cat head emblem?

bobcat_ron
01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Backhoe mounts, also can be used for 4 point lifting eyes.

2109 Stang
01-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Nice job ,What brand and how many hours do you get out of the tires on the S205?

deere615
01-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Looks really good, they look brand new

mrsops
01-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Nice job ,What brand and how many hours do you get out of the tires on the S205?
those are the galaxy hulk tires on my s205 they have about 500 hrs on them and theres still plenty of life left

tallrick
01-22-2008, 05:41 PM
What type of paint did you use?

mrsops
01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
i put rustoleoum rusty metal primer first and then i sprayed it with the oem bobcat paint which is a rip off but i wanted it to look factory

kreft
01-22-2008, 06:11 PM
So, How many trucks do you have?

kreft
01-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Do you have any pics of your work?

mrsops
01-22-2008, 06:15 PM
i have tons of photo albums i would have to scan the pics, because i lost all of them when my comp crashed

Sunscaper
01-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Once again nice 205. Mine needs painted also soon. I think I'll pay the dealer though.

kreft
01-22-2008, 07:59 PM
So, How many trucks do you have?

mrsops
01-22-2008, 08:01 PM
9 trucks thats with my pick up to

tallrick
01-22-2008, 08:17 PM
I am going to be painting my M610 and 843 soon. In the past I have used industrial enamel, I never knew that Bobcat sold paint.

mrsops
01-22-2008, 08:34 PM
yeah really exspensive its $20 for a quart

Construct'O
01-22-2008, 10:05 PM
I am going to be painting my M610 and 843 soon. In the past I have used industrial enamel, I never knew that Bobcat sold paint.

I think your a member of HEF,check over there they are having a discussion going about painting a Bobcat.They had some good ideas.

Where is the pictures of your project????? I want to see before and afters pictures,not just afters.Good luck!:usflag:

mrsops
01-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Whats Hef?

bobcat_ron
01-23-2008, 10:05 PM
www.heavyequipmentforums.com

tallrick
01-24-2008, 01:05 AM
I think your a member of HEF,check over there they are having a discussion going about painting a Bobcat.They had some good ideas.

Where is the pictures of your project????? I want to see before and afters pictures,not just afters.Good luck!:usflag:

Yes I am also on Heavy Equipment Forums. I will be taking pictures as soon as I get the Bobcat in position. Right now I have the engine parts in the house, and will be removing more from the Bobcat before painting. I never use masking for any paint project.

You guys probably think I am nuts, but I am excited to be working on a Bobcat 843 I actually OWN. While this is going to be a machine for home use, I sometimes do favors and side jobs for friends, and having a sharp looking machine is a real plus.

Construct'O
01-24-2008, 01:22 AM
Parts in the house:dancing:!!!!!!!! Reminds me of my old Harley Davidson chopper restoration.It was in the living room all winter:rolleyes:while i was working on it.

We called them basket cases back then,what should we call yours :confused:Again good luck and get the pictures coming:usflag:

dozerman21
01-24-2008, 01:43 AM
Parts in the house:dancing:!!!!!!!! Reminds me of my old Harley Davidson chopper restoration.It was in the living room all winter:rolleyes:while i was working on it.

We called them basket cases back then,what should we call yours :confused:Again good luck and get the pictures coming:usflag:

The first house that I lived in on my own, I rented with a couple of buddies. I had my motorcyle parked in the kitchen behind the bar because it wasn't safe outside. It sure did make one he!! of a bar stool!:drinkup: (I'm well aware that wasn't the smartest thing to do:))

Stillwater
02-13-2008, 07:22 AM
yeah really exspensive its $20 for a quart

Ouch!... 20 a quart..... does it come with the Vaseline or is that extra?

BIGBEN2004
02-13-2008, 07:31 AM
A friend of mine just painted his Cat 257B and I never knew it but Cat paint is actually a water base paint. He said it was the best paint he has ever used before in his life.

qps
02-13-2008, 08:12 AM
A friend of mine just painted his Cat 257B and I never knew it but Cat paint is actually a water base paint. He said it was the best paint he has ever used before in his life.

Well....of course:weightlifter:

RockSet N' Grade
02-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Cat is no different than any one else........they are all moving over to a water-based paint here in the US. The coating industry in general is moving to low VOC products, especially products they sell direct to the public.

qps
02-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Cat is no different than any one else........they are all moving over to a water-based paint here in the US. The coating industry in general is moving to low VOC products, especially products they sell direct to the public.

The industry leader...again:drinkup:

Stillwater
02-13-2008, 01:07 PM
hear is a web address to a video of the Komat'su factory makeing a loader. unfortunately they do not include the painting of the machine.

http://www.stage6.com/HowItsMade/video/1848399/How-It's-Made---Wheel-Loaders#

ksss
02-13-2008, 04:11 PM
The industry leader...again:drinkup:

Yea but did the fresh coat of paint make the 257 run any better?

qps
02-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Yea but did the fresh coat of paint make the 257 run any better?

NO...I'm first to admit....biggest POS....there...feel better...:cry:

qps
02-13-2008, 04:54 PM
DM21 and me walked into the CASE dealership yesterday...I felt like I was cheating on my wife....please no comments about walking on hallowed ground,,,;)

ksss
02-13-2008, 05:31 PM
DM21 and me walked into the CASE dealership yesterday....please no comments about walking on hallowed ground,,,;)

Get this, I called CAT today and asked to demo a 256. He says to me if your just gonna run it so you tell CASE how to improve their machine or pick ours apart I am not that interested.;) He went on to say that you have a relationship with CASE and yadee, yadee. I would like to get a machine into you but if your not serious than I am not either. I am not going to let you use our number to try and negeotiate a better number with CASE (This was real intersting since I really don't negeotiate with them. I get the best number from the start. I have never been able to get a lower number than the first one I was given, regardless of what other numbers I may have gotten, even from other CASE dealers. This is paraphrased but close.

I admit I was taken back. My response was: Shane Kaiser does not dictate the CASE skid steer program, I can assure you of that. I would like to run one, I usually demo a BC with whatever CASE machine I am considering but whatever....

The short of it is when he has a loaded 246 or 256. He will give me a call. Ya right.

A little backround. I spoke with this same salesman last year on the 305C Cr. I thought I was upfront. I did not waste his time with a demo. He gave me his best numbers and they were about 12K higher than the TK. Rather than demo a machine I was not going to buy I said thanks and bought the TK. I have never demoed anything at this CAT store before.

Legendary CAT service? Bad salesman? Excavator customer who is shopping, wasting someones (salesman's)time? You make the call.

mrsops
02-13-2008, 05:42 PM
ksss start a seperate thread on this my bobcat salesman gave me a little bit of a headache when i asked him to demo the 337 because he said i have a 341 already lol so i told him hey lisen i got the cat 305 here he ran to my shop with the machine the next day lol

qps
02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Get this, I called CAT today and asked to demo a 256. He says to me if your just gonna run it so you tell CASE how to improve their machine or pick ours apart I am not that interested.;) He went on to say that you have a relationship with CASE and yadee, yadee. I would like to get a machine into you but if your not serious than I am not either. I am not going to let you use our number to try and negeotiate a better number with CASE (This was real intersting since I really don't negeotiate with them. I get the best number from the start. I have never been able to get a lower number than the first one I was given, regardless of what other numbers I may have gotten, even from other CASE dealers. This is paraphrased but close.

I admit I was taken back. My response was: Shane Kaiser does not dictate the CASE skid steer program, I can assure you of that. I would like to run one, I usually demo a BC with whatever CASE machine I am considering but whatever....

The short of it is when he has a loaded 246 or 256. He will give me a call. Ya right.

A little backround. I spoke with this same salesman last year on the 305C Cr. I thought I was upfront. I did not waste his time with a demo. He gave me his best numbers and they were about 12K higher than the TK. Rather than demo a machine I was not going to buy I said thanks and bought the TK. I have never demoed anything at this CAT store before.

Legendary CAT service? Bad salesman? Excavator customer who is shopping, wasting someones (salesman's)time? You make the call.

Maybe he looks at this site and knows he doesn't have a chance in Hell-o of selling you a CAT product....I can't defend he's response without knowing the past history, maybe the word is out on you:laugh: with all the CAT dealers, much like the post office post the FBI's top ten most wanted...I could have swore I seen you picture at our local CAT dealer...:drinkup:

KTM
02-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Are Deere dealer around here is more of an ag shop, and unless your a farmer that spends lot's of money every year you get the same type of treatment.

qps
02-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Our CASE dealer is the same way here...or at least to me, they were the only ones to require a credit application to demo a machine..aftewards they where a bunch of azz kissers .... then tried to bend me over on a machine price....:dizzy:

Scag48
02-13-2008, 07:03 PM
It's the jackass you're dealing with, I can assure you. The Deere dealership back home blew me off 3 times when shopping for an excavator. I suppose they didn't want to make a sale. Can't blame you, I wouldn't bother with that Cat salesman at all. I can tell you that if you go higher up and talk to his manager, I guarantee there will be a 256C in your yard the next day.

ksss
02-14-2008, 08:53 PM
It's the jackass you're dealing with, I can assure you. The Deere dealership back home blew me off 3 times when shopping for an excavator. I suppose they didn't want to make a sale. Can't blame you, I wouldn't bother with that Cat salesman at all. I can tell you that if you go higher up and talk to his manager, I guarantee there will be a 256C in your yard the next day.

I thought about that, in the end I don't know that it would serve anything. It still gets me fired up when I think about. Honestly there is no reason for his response. As I said I have never demoed a machine there and only asked for a price quote once which was on the 305C. I am not sure what an appropriate response is. I look forward to our next face to face meeting though.

Fieldman12
02-14-2008, 10:04 PM
ksss, you do have an interesting relationship with Case and I am sure in ways it makes you lean more towards Case equipment but the fact is you did buy a TK machine I think last year. I would have pointed that out to them in case you did not already do so. I think if I was him I would have not made that comment. I feel If I was the dealer and felt that way toward you I would have just not tried hard to find you a machine. I was talking to a 25,000 acre grain farmer yesterday. He told me they run all deere equipment now but switched all his equipment last year for six months to Case IH. He said he did it to make the dealer more honest. After that he got a way better deal from Deere to swith back to there brand. He gets all new tractors, sprayers, combines, and planters every year.

dozerman21
02-14-2008, 11:22 PM

I'd be pissed too. That will probably come back to bite him in the @ss in on way or another. It's a bad salesman like that who can make an entire dealership look bad. I try to be upfront with everyone as well, and when it comes time to purchasing somebody is going to not have a sale. You win some, you lose some, but at the end of the day the last thing he should want is for you to leave with a bad impression of him. If you wanted to purchase anything Cat in the future, would you let him get any sort of commission? Heeeellll no. It sounds like you were strongly considering the mini that you demoed off of him... that's all he can really ask of you.

Did you ask him for a hat, or at least get a free soda pop to go?:cool2::laugh:

Construct'O
02-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Like they say "theres a reaction to every action".

If your like me when someone say stuff like the salemen or anyone else ,out of the blue.It cacthes you off guard.So you not really prepared what to say on that split second.Your lost for words.

The you get home after you have had time to think throw what happened and then say to your self i should have said that in response to the other person comments.

It works like that here at times,as you all well know:rolleyes:.

So gives a person a bad taste in his mouth for a while.Like they always say"what goes around comes around" it might not be you but someone will return the favor!

When you win that lottery,guess who will have the last say:dancing::usflag:

ksss
02-15-2008, 02:22 AM
I'd be pissed too. That will probably come back to bite him in the @ss in on way or another. It's a bad salesman like that who can make an entire dealership look bad. I try to be upfront with everyone as well, and when it comes time to purchasing somebody is going to not have a sale. You win some, you lose some, but at the end of the day the last thing he should want is for you to leave with a bad impression of him. If you wanted to purchase anything Cat in the future, would you let him get any sort of commission? Heeeellll no. It sounds like you were strongly considering the mini that you demoed off of him... that's all he can really ask of you.

Did you ask him for a hat, or at least get a free soda pop to go?:cool2::laugh:

It was all over the phone. I thought I was more than fair. I find it interesting that he called me in the Fall to get me to demo the C series. I was just following up on his phone call as I have about 2000 yards of material to move and it would be a good job to run his machine on.. As far as the 305 I never ran it. I told him to run the numbers first and if they were right I would take the machine out and see what I think. The numbers were not right and so I ended the honeymoon right there. As far as buying a TK, I doubt that CAT sees that any different than buying a CASE since they are the same dealership.

This salesman like some guys here, are into the idea of owning a CAT. He, I think, forgot that I am not a CAT customer and trying to sell me on the perceived image of owning a CAT. I told him while we were talking about the 305 that the CAT name means nothing to me. I will buy the machine that is the most productive at the best price. I am not his type of customer.

I guess my ego is more bruised than anything. I am treated quite well in this area by all contractors and businesses in the construction related fields. We are highly visible,(the CASE logo on the side of the 5500 really gets to them, Bobcat said that they would pay to regraphic the truck if I bought one of their machines) we pay our bills, and do a quality job. After nearly 15 years in the same small area like this, your either in or your out of business. So to do an honest self appraisal of this incident, it pisses me off that this jerk does not want to compete for my business. Thats the raw truth.

Scag48
02-15-2008, 03:24 AM
Regardless of make, any salesman with an attitude like that I refuse to work with. I remember in the spring of '06 I headed down to the NC Machinery (statewide Cat dealer) headquarters about 45 minutes south of me on the westside. They have all sorts of rad stuff down there, my dad had ordered our 312CL about a week before and it had to come from that branch. Some guy tried to pull some attitude on me while I was out on the lot and I felt the need to let him know my dad had just dropped another $140K with Cat and that our machine was at that location somewhere waiting to be trucked back over to the eastside of the state. He took my name and my dad's name, said he was going inside. He came back out and apologized, I guess I wasn't trying to be an @$$, but seriously, I was 19 at the time and I just wanted to look at some new iron. From then on, I haven't been given any grief at that particular branch.

2109 Stang
02-15-2008, 07:33 PM
What if this guy in the next few years for any given reason has to go to work for your local Case dealeship and has to meet you face to face ,It has happened before ,and I would love to be there to see the expresion on his stupid face.

forestfireguy
02-15-2008, 08:26 PM
If you are seriously unbiased about trying out their machine ask for another salesman, beleive me salesmen are vultures, one bad move by a co-worker can lead to a deal.........

02DURAMAX
02-20-2008, 02:47 AM
Looks better than new!!