PDA

View Full Version : What's your trailer set-up?

tamo
01-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Just bought a new 5x12 trailer for my second year. Used a 4x8 last year with no racks or anything.

I'm thinking about getting my new trailer customized with 6' expanded metal sides, 2 trimmer racks, ladder rack, slots for rakes ect.., and a new ramp gate. I bought the trailer for $500 and can get the work done for $700. I'm in Portland and that's just about the cheapest way to do it. Brand new with everything would be pushing $2000.

My question is, do you guys find the extra sides ect. to be a huge help? Last year I would just load all of my tools, string trimmers, and everyhting into my truck bed and trailer. It was ok, but I figure being more organized would be a lot more convenient. Plus I'd have a lot more trailer space for big clean ups and things like that.

From your experience o you guys think its worth while to go ahead and get the work done?

thanks

northwest scag man
01-21-2008, 08:33 PM
I would go ahead and set up your trailer the way it fits your need,s it will save you time in the long run.
Where did you find a 5/12 for that price i need another one for a spray trailer
i,m across the river in vanc
Need to get ready spring is comeing

tamo
01-21-2008, 08:41 PM
I would go ahead and set up your trailer the way it fits your need,s it will save you time in the long run.
Where did you find a 5/12 for that price i need another one for a spray trailer
i,m across the river in vanc
Need to get ready spring is comeing

Found it on craigslist. The guy was actually asking $975.00 but I gave him my old trailer and cash. His wife needed a small trailer and he needed the cash. Its not the prettiest thing, but its got a good axle, frame, and deck.

check out ms-trailer.com. they're based out of molalla, or. They had pretty good prices for new trailers, but the guy said he doesn't do racks and that sort of thing because it took too long.