PDA

View Full Version : for the new englanders

dmk395
10-26-2001, 08:46 PM
When is your last scheduled lawn mowing going to be?

mdb landscaping
10-26-2001, 08:49 PM
probably one more week, then the fall clean ups begin.

Esby
10-26-2001, 08:52 PM
A week and a half ago.

mdb landscaping
10-26-2001, 08:53 PM
is MN considered to be in new england ?:D

gene gls
10-26-2001, 08:59 PM
I started partial clean-ups last week. Some are all done and others will get a finial clean-up and mow. Got to get ready for an early winter!!!!!!!!!

Gene

thelawnguy
10-26-2001, 09:14 PM
Next week will be the last regular mowing week, after that I will mulch leaves weekly as needed til they are all gone or it snows or thanxgiving whichever is first.

plymouthvaliant73
10-26-2001, 09:34 PM
The weather is warmer and milder longer where I am on the coast.

After 3 months of drought the grass is growing again with some rain, the morning dew and cooler weather.

My last cut is usually the second or third week of November.

The leaves are only starting to fall now and if there is no snow cleanups can go into December!

dlandscaping
10-27-2001, 12:26 AM
leaf cleanups depend on how much sun a tree gets and usually starts about a week after halloween or the week after. i still mow to about thanksgiving on a bi -weekly unless heavy rain or growth of grass. last yr the last leaf cleanup was the day after thanksgiving.

lawnboy82
10-27-2001, 12:29 AM
In my neck of the woods fall cleanups and mowings should be about 90% finished for my customers within the next 2 - 2 1/2 weeks. (3 guys are working 6 days a week)

wallzwallz
10-27-2001, 06:45 AM
We haven't had a frost here on the Cape, grass still growing strong. Still weekly mowing on most accounts. Leaves just started falling at a good amount this week,so we will mow weekly on leafy yards til end of November. We don't start last cleanups til after thanksgiving because leaves aren't all down til then.

lbmd1
10-27-2001, 07:43 AM
Still mowing mostly irrigated\fertilized lawns up here by the NH coast. No hard frost here as of yet either. Non irrigated lawns maybe have 1-2 more cuts for the season. Last year, our clients with irrigation were asking for cuts into the first week of December! Our cleanups won't start for at least another 2 weeks, and will go on through the 2nd week of December usually. On a side note, isn't it funny that customers who call during the busy cutting season stating their lawn needs cutting, now when you show up with the grass being at the same height as it was when they were complaining, now think it doesn't need it? Hey PlymouthValiant, where are you located on the north shore. I travel down to Northeast Nurseries quite a bit.

Mike

dfor
10-27-2001, 08:07 AM
I have been cutting weekly so far. I will wait about 2 weeks for the last cut (depending on the weather). Leaf clean-ups will be going from now till mid December.