PDA

View Full Version : Rule #16 Clarification

John Zaprala
01-22-2008, 02:42 AM
16) LawnSite.com is the sole owner of the information posted at LawnSite.com. You are not permitted to take information, posts, comments, etc… and reproduce them in any manner without prior written consent of LawnSite.com.

Question about this... so you're saying, LS owns my comments? I ask bc I recently saw a quote in Landscape Construction Magazine that was verbatim of a comment on LS. Why not give credit to the person posting the information? It doesn't have any credibility when the quotes have no sources besides the region they're from. Just looking for some clarification on how something like this works.

topsites
01-22-2008, 03:22 AM
I don't mean this in a bad way but I think what it means is you're allowed to take your own comments elsewhere, just not someone else's. And LS can do with ours as they wish.

Sean Adams
01-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Yes, this is basically saying that when something is posted on lawnsite.com it becomes our property - in other words, other sites and people cannot come in, take information and reprint or post elsewhere...your opinions are your opinions...if you say something on lawnsite it does not mean you cannot say it somewhere else..

As far as quoting people, usually the person is given credit by the Moose River magazines, so I am not certain why one particular instance there was not credit given.... The "In Your Own Words" sections usually give the author credit for sure.

Dirty Water
01-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Yes, this is basically saying that when something is posted on lawnsite.com it becomes our property - in other words, other sites and people cannot come in, take information and reprint or post elsewhere...your opinions are your opinions...if you say something on lawnsite it does not mean you cannot say it somewhere else..

As far as quoting people, usually the person is given credit by the Moose River magazines, so I am not certain why one particular instance there was not credit given.... The "In Your Own Words" sections usually give the author credit for sure.

I have been quoted by them a couple of times. It has always just been credited to my area, never my name or even by alias.

John Zaprala
01-23-2008, 02:06 AM
I have been quoted by them a couple of times. It has always just been credited to my area, never my name or even by alias.
This is what I am talking about? Why not give credit to the person and not the State they are from? If there's benefit to b ehad from the comments posted, why not give the PERSON/COMPANY credit?

John Zaprala
02-16-2008, 05:04 PM
I appreciate being printed in the most recent issue of landscape construction, but again would it be so hard to mention our company or my name, so I could actually show a potential customer.

mrusk
02-21-2008, 05:58 PM
I was quoted in the issue before the last one. Whats funny was my post was sarcastic. I was blantly making a joke. And it was quoted like i was serious!