PDA

View Full Version : Komatsu pc35mr Mid Ex

MarcSmith
01-22-2008, 07:55 AM
had the opportunity(I was forced after my equipment operator failed to show up) this weekend to spend about 8 hours in the cab of a komatsu pc35 mr mid sized excavator. Other than the extreme cold (took about a good 1/2 hour for the heater to really start working) the machine is a dream to operate.

Logical controls, within a few minutes of running the machine I felt real comfortable with it. nice supportive seat, good view all the way around.

Only one incident. my boss was there and as i was rotating the bucket around. I was watching were the bucket was going to end up and he walked into the range of motion of the machine and the 12" bucket hit him square in the as s and knocked him over. He got a good laugh out out of it and I said "You know I'm gunning for your job"

We stopped work and had a quick tailgate meeting, about keeping clear of the equipment. It could have easily been a serious accident. So we got lucky.

But the machine is great, if I was ever int he market, Id look real hard at it...

packey
01-22-2008, 12:03 PM
I have never had a chance to run one but it is good to know. I was talking with my wife the other day and told her I would love to be back over grounds for a school college or university.. Not always the best paying job but I elieve their are alot of benifits to it.

MarcSmith
01-22-2008, 12:13 PM
yeah if I wanted to make more money, i would have stayed with TGLC....but holidays, and vacation and education benefits, to name a few. keep me were I'm at....Heck my wife bested my salary by 16K this year....no worries here....