PDA

View Full Version : New or Used 6x16 ft trailer?

Meehan47
01-22-2008, 05:16 PM
I am looking to upgrade to a larger trailer. I currently have a 6x14 single axle utility trailer. I purchased it last year. I want a tandem axle 16ft trailer. I can buy one new for $2,200 plus tax. I know of a guy who is selling a 16ft trailer that was made in 2000. From the pictures it looks to be in decent shape, no rust, treated floor is in ok shape also. He is asking $1,600. what should I offer him for a reasonable price? I would definitely not pay $1,600.

What do you think I should offer him? Or should I just forget about the used one and buy new??

nickscuttingedgelawn
01-22-2008, 06:39 PM
1000 - 1200 its a trailer thats 8 years old, who knows what shape the wheel bearings axles and springs are in. He may have overloaded the springs too.

Hope this helps

retrodog
01-22-2008, 07:55 PM
You guys have to pay so much for trailers up there. Just came from the trailer dealer today, and he had a very nice 16 foot trailer brand spanking new for $1095. I priced a full blown landscaping trailer 20ft custom powdercoated with chrome wheels, bulldog hitch, 5ft sides, led lights, weedeater racks, blower, and hedge trimmer racks intalled for $2700. It would prolly be worth it for me to start a trailer dealership and ship em to you guys...lol

dgZtrak737
01-22-2008, 08:05 PM
You guys have to pay so much for trailers up there. Just came from the trailer dealer today, and he had a very nice 16 foot trailer brand spanking new for $1095. I priced a full blown landscaping trailer 20ft custom powdercoated with chrome wheels, bulldog hitch, 5ft sides, led lights, weedeater racks, blower, and hedge trimmer racks intalled for $2700. It would prolly be worth it for me to start a trailer dealership and ship em to you guys...lol

LOL There ya go. :cool2:

My opinion is if its in pretty good shape, offer 1200.00 thats 1000.00 you dont have to spend. Just check the wheel bearings, make shure your spring hangers and leaf springs arent craked, wheels arent warped, tires are decent. If you have to spend a few dollars to fix it up, so what, you still have saved money. Just my opinion. Good Luck in your new trailer purchase. :waving:

Meehan47
01-22-2008, 10:01 PM
I wish I lived closer to you Retro. I could buy two trailers down there to my one up here in PA. Anyways, I am going to take a look at the used one this weekend. Thanks for the input.

wayside
01-22-2008, 10:18 PM
post a pic of the trailer here !! 1600 is good you can get it for maybe 1300 or 1400 and have the extra cash to add some nice thing's to it

retrodog
01-22-2008, 10:21 PM
I wish I lived closer to you Retro. I could buy two trailers down there to my one up here in PA. Anyways, I am going to take a look at the used one this weekend. Thanks for the input.

Hey I met a guy from colorado on here that is driving down here to pick up his landscape trailer. He said he is still getting it cheaper after all that gas and time. He is going to pick up a Bad Boy from me if he likes it. I paid $1000 for a 18ft dove tail car hauler brand new last season at retail. I really would consider getting you guys some good trailers. We have Big Tex, Buck Dandy, PJ, Diamond T, Load Max, and Diamond C all local here. PJ and LoadMax powdercoat all their trailers, and I think loadtrail, but not sure. I found a company online that claims they will ship most bumperpull trailers between $250 and $395 to nearly all the states.

Landrus2
01-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Doesnít look back buy new?:drinkup:

Meehan47
01-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey I met a guy from colorado on here that is driving down here to pick up his landscape trailer. He said he is still getting it cheaper after all that gas and time. He is going to pick up a Bad Boy from me if he likes it. I paid $1000 for a 18ft dove tail car hauler brand new last season at retail. I really would consider getting you guys some good trailers. We have Big Tex, Buck Dandy, PJ, Diamond T, Load Max, and Diamond C all local here. PJ and LoadMax powdercoat all their trailers, and I think loadtrail, but not sure. I found a company online that claims they will ship most bumperpull trailers between $250 and $395 to nearly all the states.

How far are you away from Pittsburgh? You mean i can buy a 16ft tandem, with brakes, wiring, lights, 4 foot gate all for around $1000?

Then get it shipped up here for roughly $300?

retrodog
01-22-2008, 11:58 PM
the 1000 dollar one has ramps, diamond plate fenders, no gate, no brake axle. For $1450 they have a deluxe one with gate, brakes, diamond plate fenders, bulldog hitch, lights, chains. It has two 3500lb axles and is pretty heavy duty.

CleanCutMowers
01-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Priced new one yesterday also. My prices are right in line with retro. We have 5 manufacturers right down the road.

16 foot utility 2 3500 lb. axles with brake on one axle, rear gate and side gate with treated floor and everything heavy duty built for $1500. Take off the side gate and drop the price $150.

Meehan47
01-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Priced new one yesterday also. My prices are right in line with retro. We have 5 manufacturers right down the road.

16 foot utility 2 3500 lb. axles with brake on one axle, rear gate and side gate with treated floor and everything heavy duty built for $1500. Take off the side gate and drop the price $150.

CleanCut,

Ship one of those up here to Pittsburgh for me please!