PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do this for advertising

humble1
01-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Alright Im sure I am not the first to think of this, and if it was in a previous post I appoligize.
My thought:

1) have a 9x9 or so, lawn notification flag, but instead of notification have it be an advertisement w/ a promo on it, similar to c-lawn.

2) you would stick it in by the driveway enterance every house in the neighborhood.

3) it would be quicker than running up every driveway to do door hangers customer would see it. Sometimes people dont use the front door, they go in thru the garage and never see door hangers. You cant legally put flyers in the mail box

4) possible neg side would be customers getting pissed because you left a piece of plastic w/ paper in their yard. You might piss off a neighborhood association w/ all that material blowing around. Is it a distraction to vehicular traffic?

5) Posting signs are reasonably priced, cheaper than postcards or mailings.

Any thoughts on this.

crazy4green
01-23-2008, 11:54 AM
I think there is some law against this as well but not sure. I beleive though that while putting hangers IN mailbox is illegel putting hangers on flag on side of mailbox is not just a thought.

mrkosar
01-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I think there is some law against this as well but not sure. I beleive though that while putting hangers IN mailbox is illegel putting hangers on flag on side of mailbox is not just a thought.

that would piss tons of people off in my opinion. i'm thinking of doing something like this, but just putting them all over the place in high traffic areas. if the signs get taking down they get taking down. the signs are so cheap it would be worth the exposure even if it is for a few hours.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
01-23-2008, 01:40 PM
I personally don't think it is a good idea... However this company does & has examples on their site. www.rndsigns.com

Victor
01-23-2008, 02:54 PM
I had RND make up 8 1/2" by 11" lawn signs for me. I put those adversing signs in the ground next my normal posting signs when I do an app for a customer. I've had really good luck with this method of advertising.

Shades of Green LService
01-23-2008, 05:19 PM
I like it. I don't see how someone who gets a door hanger or a lawn flag would be any more pissed than the other. 6 of 1 as they say.

humble1
01-23-2008, 05:30 PM
see i had done door hangers about 10 years ago, and i would get the angry phone message on my machine. I also had yellow page ads so stopped w/ the door hangers. I also got bit by a dog once, anyway now i want to grab more lawn accounts. I could bang out alot of houses in short time. If it was a big neighborhood i could throw on my roller blades and BAMM im done quick.

humble1
01-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Plus you can hand pick property versus direct mail.

Rayholio
01-23-2008, 09:41 PM
for you, I recommend block leading... it was extremely effective for me last year.

LushGreenLawn
01-23-2008, 10:29 PM
O.K, I'll be the one to ask...

What is Block Leading?

I have thought of the flags myself. I also cannot imagine anyone getting more upset than a door hangar, and people get those all the time any way.

humble1
01-23-2008, 11:02 PM
O.K, I'll be the one to ask...

What is Block Leading?

Wheww I am glad you asked because i wanted to ask, but didnt.

Rayholio
01-23-2008, 11:04 PM
well, I do block leading by driving a neiogborhood where I want to expand, and write down address's with lawn size estimates. I then check the address's online to get most of the customers names.. I then mail a letter, with quote to each home.

I get around 7% response with this method.. It also creates a mailing list for future promos

lawnservice
01-24-2008, 01:02 AM

just so you know, putting anything in or on a mailbox is illegal