PDA

View Full Version : lesco spreaders vs. others

GREEN-UP
01-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Was wondering if there are any comparable spreaders out there that are chear than the lesco brand? Also, has anyone used ELECTIVE as a prevenative grub control? How does it compare to Mach II and others.

Frue
01-23-2008, 01:55 PM
I really like the scotts spreader, it throws further, and it is a very nicely put together.
The other I have only used merit works great, I have tried mach 2 it worked ok but not as good as merit.

Victor
01-23-2008, 01:59 PM
I really like the scotts spreader, it throws further, and it is a very nicely put together.
The other I have only used merit works great, I have tried mach 2 it worked ok but not as good as merit.

I second that. Anderson SR2000 all the way!

RigglePLC
01-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Cub Cadette makes the Lesco spreader, and they now sell it a little cheaper--hopper is yellow. I use the Scotts (Anderson) spreader; it is excellent. And Larry at American feels the Spyker is best.
You want all stainless, and some kind of foolproof pattern adjustment system to assure an even spread. Edge deflector and rain cover are helpful.

Not every one agrees with me. I prefer one large hole for better flow. And i like the rotary agitator for improved flow.

redbuckcavs
01-23-2008, 03:19 PM
In regards to the Andersons 2000 spreader (I have yet to buy one however I did borrow one for a day) do you have to make two settings for this spreader with each product?

* one setting A-Z on the hopper

*another setting on the "cone" below the hopper

I would much rather have to monitor one setting instead of two!!!

Marcos
01-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Also, has anyone used ELECTIVE as a prevenative grub control? How does it compare to Mach II and others.

O.K. I'll bite...
:confused:

What the heck's 'Elective' insecticide, and who makes it?

Or could you maybe be thinking of the term selective, Green-up?

Victor
01-24-2008, 09:56 PM
In regards to the Andersons 2000 spreader (I have yet to buy one however I did borrow one for a day) do you have to make two settings for this spreader with each product?

* one setting A-Z on the hopper

*another setting on the "cone" below the hopper

I would much rather have to monitor one setting instead of two!!!

You don't have to adjust both of them. As long as you're using products with the same prill size (SGN) you don't have to adjust helical cone on the bottom of the spreader. The helical cone is a great feature though, because by adjusting it, you can adjust your spread pattern, so it's even again if you switch to a product that does have a different sized prill than what you had been using. I'd rather have the option of adjusting something, than to not have the option.

GravelyGuy
01-24-2008, 09:59 PM
I have a stainless Shindaiwa spreader, it was around $400. It's worked pretty good for me. I also have the second adjustment for different size material. I have not moved it from the number 1 setting though.