PDA

View Full Version : Darn Chickweed

jgangaware
01-23-2008, 04:12 PM
I put down an application of 2,4-D and atrizine this fall but still had a flush of chickweed this winter. I work for an agricultural co here in west TN and sprayed a product, called monument in the landscaping proffesion, but to no avail.just wanted to know if my early spring app of round-up will suffice or is ther something else on the market i should try. thanks fo the help.

philk17088
01-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Try adding a pre-emerg with your post emerge spray. Chick weed is a profuse seeding plant with multiple germinations.

Shades of Green LService
01-23-2008, 05:23 PM
I've had good results w/ 3 way. 1.5 0z p/k

RAlmaroad
01-23-2008, 09:52 PM
I put down an application of 2,4-D and atrizine this fall but still had a flush of chickweed this winter. I work for an agricultural co here in west TN and sprayed a product, called monument in the landscaping proffesion, but to no avail.just wanted to know if my early spring app of round-up will suffice or is ther something else on the market i should try. thanks fo the help.

Gordon's Trimex does a great job IF it is warm enough. Most things now are useless here in TN. I've got a little chickweed where I didn't hit it last year.I used one of those cool weather products from the garden center (Forget the name) and the stuff worked in 40 degree weather. Roy