PDA

View Full Version : Semestar project

Rissa
10-27-2001, 05:45 PM
:confused:

I am a Landscape/Nursery student and we have to do two semester projects. We have a few options, but the two i have narrowed down are -a maintenance program for a "high value" turf area and a 5 page paper on a topic of my choice related to turf

Here is my plea--HELP--

If you have any good ideas that would make an intresting research paper or can give me any helpful advice to include in my turf maintenance program please do.

Rissa:confused:

Guido
10-27-2001, 05:57 PM
You do the research since thats the reason you have to do the paper, is to see if you can find info. Me telling is to easy, sorry! ;)

Use the search option on this site and it will answer all of your questions guranteed or your money back!

After that if you have any specific questions, post them then, or e-mail me, etc. (We're all resources for your research)

Good Luck in class, let us know what you do your paper on.

Also, I woud like to see the paper you come up with on the maintenance program. I would be intrested in reading it if you need a proofreader. Drop me an e-mail.

lawnboy82
10-27-2001, 07:12 PM
Why not do a paper on why aeration is important to turfgrass stands? Or on thatch, its benefits, and its drawbacks. I know that thatch is a popular question for exams.

dhicks
10-27-2001, 07:31 PM
I'm in the same boat and I have chosen to do a paper on the common weeds of the northeast. Samples, photos, etc. Simple. Also, one of the fellows is doing a turfgrass paper on all the grasses of the NE.

accuratelawn
10-27-2001, 08:56 PM
After you learn to use the search function.....research!
Good luck on your paper. There is a ton of ideas here and helpful information. research

Dochere
10-28-2001, 01:20 AM
Glad to see you are still in scholl dhicks, never can learn to much!

fireball
10-28-2001, 10:16 AM
how about a paper on what it is going to take to reseed Afghanistan

SLSNursery
10-28-2001, 07:42 PM
How about if you write about industry trends such as certification and professionalism in the turf care, golf course or athletic field industries. You might even write about stewardship or green industry recycling within the above noted industries. I hope that 5 pages is the minimum. I could probably write 5 pages worth of different topics for you.

Why write about something that:
A. has been written about the same way countless times, or
B. Doesn't allow you to express any new opinions (unless you are some kind of PHD with a new theorem).
C. Requires only research from texts and not a lot of creative thought.

Good luck, why don't you post your papers after they are written.

SLSNursery
10-28-2001, 08:01 PM
By the way-

You should get a spell checker and proof read your work. Unless you are in Texas, there is no lone 'star' in semester.