PDA

View Full Version : Pesticides flags

enviouslawns
01-23-2008, 05:26 PM
This is gonna be my first year doing fertilizer and i was wondering where you get the "pesticide applied stay off for 24 hour" flags with your company logo on it.

americanlawn
01-23-2008, 05:51 PM
We get ours from Blackburn Mfg. They are also a sponsor of this site. Our flags are 6 x 6 inch w/black plastic stakes. Ours are two-sided with white background....one side has the required print (in blue ink), and the other side is two-colored (red & blue) print displaying our name & phone number. These are probably their most expensive signs. We buy 10,000 at a time to get the best price. Allow 3 - 5 weeks for delivery. Quality & service is top notch.

BTW I voted for Mike Huckabee, and I just sent another $25 to help him with his campaign. Let's hope for the best. american

Whitey4
01-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Fertilizer isn't a pesticide. no need for flags, here at least. Now, if you put down a pre-emerge, different story. Then you need flags, not to mention a bunch of other things.

humble1
01-23-2008, 06:12 PM
This is gonna be my first year doing fertilizer and i was wondering where you get the "pesticide applied stay off for 24 hour" flags with your company logo on it.

I would check w your pesticide enforcement, in MA you can only have single sided red print on white no exceptions-

crazy4green
01-23-2008, 06:25 PM
We use real green systems. And they are right in your backyard.

americanlawn
01-23-2008, 06:33 PM
enviouslawns......here's a pic of ours. Blackburn can help you design yours.

NOTE: We put our flags in lawns even when we're just applying fertilizer.

REASONS: "Free advertising". It let's people know there's a bill on their door. It shows professionalism regarding your company. We aquire customers because "they saw our signs" (as well as our trucks).

Helpful hint to all: In our state, we are required to use a minimum of 3/8 inch print regarding the warning statement. Our state law does NOT specify which side of the flag we show toward the street. SO.......GUESS which side we point toward the street????:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hope this helps, american

We get ours from Blackburn Mfg. They are also a sponsor of this site. Our flags are 6 x 6 inch w/black plastic stakes. Ours are two-sided with white background....one side has the required print (in blue ink), and the other side is two-colored (red & blue) print displaying our name & phone number. These are probably their most expensive signs. We buy 10,000 at a time to get the best price. Allow 3 - 5 weeks for delivery. Quality & service is top notch.

BTW I voted for Mike Huckabee, and I just sent another $25 to help him with his campaign. Let's hope for the best. american

magland
01-23-2008, 06:39 PM
I put a flag in every yard I treat regardless of what I put down. That way the customer knows I was there. I just use a plastic flag on a wire stack, but the cardboard with the plastic stake look a lot better.

RigglePLC
01-23-2008, 07:09 PM
We use Blackburn flags. They are a sponsor, I think. But I tried to find their info and could not. What is up Lawnsite guys? What the hey, Sean? I also tried to go to the "Online Trade Show" but it only had about 8 booths--and once I got in I could not get out--trapped--I had to shut down my browser.

I am angry at the state of Michigan. We are going broke here, but they have time to pass legislation which increases the costs of doing business in the state. Last year we used flags printed on one side, (customers ignore them). The new law does not permit flags. Instead it requires ridgid cardboard signs printed on both sides, and it no longer permits anything that might resemble advertiseing. The ridgid signs require that you ASSEMBLE them! They come in two big boxes that do not fit under or behind the seat of a pickup truck. Blackburn has them, but when we ordered--they cost more. The signs are a tripping hazard particularly for running children and the elderly.

magland
01-24-2008, 11:39 AM
The flags are easiest to use, no assembly required. However, they are small so you can't get much advertising out of them. I don't use them for that, mainly to inform customers of an app. Plus they are pretty cheap.

SLC, LLC
01-24-2008, 12:18 PM
We just ordered ours last week. I got the mfrom RND Signs. Have not gotten the order delivered yet, so cannot tell you much as far as quality goes yet.

americanlawn
01-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Ooops...........Our flags are R.N.D out of Minneapolis instead of Blackburn. We used to use Blackburn. Sorry for the misinformation. I did not have the proper info in front of me at the time I posted. R.N.D. and Blackburn are both good quality. I think we pay about 16 cents per flag on a 10,000 order with R.N.D.