PDA

View Full Version : Am i getting ripped off?

GreenHor7
01-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Last year i paid 18.40 for a bag of dimension 13-2-5. This year i was just quoted at 23.50. That is over a 25% increase. I was wondering if i am getting ripped off or is that what everyone else is paying. I only service around 1 million per round so i know that my pricing may not be that competitive. However that pricing seems to be ridiculous.

tamadrummer
01-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Be glad its only 25%. Most people here have been saying 50% or higher. It has been discussed to DEATH over the past month +.

humble1
01-23-2008, 07:59 PM
do a search on fert prices or lesco you will see.

sclawndr
01-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Depends on how much you buy. If you don't buy a lot, that price isn't too bad.

Meadowbrook
01-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Here you go, I posted a few times in there also. Take a look at a few posts towards the end, that should sum it up for you.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=211419

Chris

JWTurfguy
01-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Tell us a little about the product. What is the percent of AI? Who manufactures the fert? How much slow release does it have? SCU? MESA? METH-EX? etc....

All you've told us is that it's a fairly low-analysis fert with dimension....that's not really enough information to make much of a price comparison with.

If it's SCU, such as found at JDL/Lesco, yeah, you're probably paying too much, especially if you haven't made much of a commitment of qtys with whoever you're buying it from. For MESA or METH-EX, the price is a little more fair, but maybe you can make a deal with your distributor....A million sq ft is almost two pallets (depending on your rate and how many bags are on a pallet). Can you take two pallets all in one shot? Can you take it now and sign up for some sort of an early order program with deferred payment terms (assuming that their plan is worth it....most of them probably aren't)?