View Full Version : Diesel addiction

Fieldman12
01-23-2008, 09:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo2RqByhAfM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yximnOY_kF8&feature=related

Love the track hoe but a crazy operator

Scag48
01-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Finally, someone who knows how to jump turn an excavator. I thought I was the only one who uses the front end to make sharp turns.

When we sold our F450, the guy who bought it was big into truck pulling. He had an '06 Duramax with 900+ horsepower and 1,600 ft/lb. of torque if I remember correctly. His daily driver was a Dodge with 650 horses and 1100 ft/lbs.

bobcat_ron
01-23-2008, 10:10 PM
That hoe operator was pretty darn good...................for a drunk!

grassmanvt
01-24-2008, 12:35 AM
I don't get it, what makes him any different than any other operator? Didn't see anything out of the normal.

tallrick
01-24-2008, 12:52 AM
Finally, someone who knows how to jump turn an excavator. I thought I was the only one who uses the front end to make sharp turns.

I don't know anything about excavators, is the reason for that to save strain on the undercarriage?

dozerman21
01-24-2008, 01:03 AM
I don't know anything about excavators, is the reason for that to save strain on the undercarriage?

That too, but it just makes turning much quicker, especially if you're in a tight spot. It's even more effective using that method on a backhoe because it saves you from pulling the hoe up, spinning the seat around, and driving the machine.

Scag48
01-24-2008, 03:43 AM
I actually jump turn for speed and it chews up the ground less. Some guys like to argue that putting all the weight on one end of the carriage is bad for it, but I don't believe that. Excavators were designed to turn while they're flat on the ground, so I don't think jump turning saves any wear. Basically, speed and less ground disturbance is why I do it. Oh yeah, and you look like a badass doing it if you do it smoothly like the guy in the video. He never really stops moving the machine, he's spinning and walking at the same time. I've been doing it that way for years, just takes a little practice. I taught myself when I was 16 and since then the ability to walk the machine using the pedals and running the front end simultaneously to get you where you want to go is incredibly valuable if you're in tight spots, trying to cross wide trenches, climbing off large piles, all sorts of stuff.

Dirt Digger2
01-24-2008, 08:26 AM

??? you must watch a lot of rookie operators then haha, thats all you can do...makes turns so much quicker

in the first part of the video where he does that i knew he was a good operator...i just kept watching to see something destroyed

grassmanvt
01-24-2008, 12:55 PM
I still don't see the big deal. I think anyone who's run a hoe more than a half day turn's em like that. Nothing fancy, just easier and quicker.

wanabe
01-24-2008, 02:10 PM
I love the first one! They think all there pickups are so bad ass, but I could walk all over them with a little 300hp mack all day! Who cares about HP? Torque is what moves the load!

Dirt Digger2
01-24-2008, 05:51 PM
heres my new Diesel addiction...actually just bought it today...IH 886 turbo-diesel

if anyone knows IH tractors like this PM me, i have questions...i have only ever owned Deere but this was one of those deals i couldn't refuse...i'll throw a coat of paint on when it gets warmer and she'll be in the fields by spring

Fieldman12
01-24-2008, 10:46 PM
That will make you a good machine Dirtdigger2. Dont forget a chrome pipe on her. What questions you have? I will try to answer what I can.

Dirt Digger2
01-25-2008, 09:16 AM
That will make you a good machine Dirtdigger2. Dont forget a chrome pipe on her. What questions you have? I will try to answer what I can.

well i have never run a TA before...the only one i have was on an old super MTA that went into free wheel mode going down hills when the TA was on. I want to make sure this thing won't do that before i find out the hard way

Fieldman12
01-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Dirtdigger it has been a while but from what I remember the later series IH tractors such as yours did not free wheel. I know what you mean there. I use to drive a Deutz Allis 9150 that would do that. Also Im pretty sure that tractor did not come with a turbo. You sure it was not added? Back in that time I remember M&W was pretty popular then for putting Turbos on tractors especially Deeres.

Dirt Digger2
01-25-2008, 10:40 PM
it had to have been added because everything i search for come back blank as far as 886 turbos...i know it just barely fits under the hood...i guess the dealer didn't know it was after market or else he would have jacked the price...yea i almost wrecked a perfectly restored super MTA when the damn thing went into free wheel down a hill...and anyone whos ever run an old farmall knows the brakes never work.

the chrome pipe is coming, along with 2 lights mounted at the top of the "cab", new seat cushions, an amber rotating light on the top, and i'm going to put front weights on it because she's jumpy...i wouldn't want to put the chisel on her just yet

apparently i am the second owner...the first guy was a hobby farmer who kept it outside all its life, thats why such the bad paint

my guess would be the guy had extra money, bought a tractor that he didn't really need, put a turbo on it to be cool and just didn't have the place to store it anymore...i can't read the hour meter because the gauge is all faded and cracked but i don't think there is a whole lot of hours on her, the guy that owns the dealership where i bought it said he used it to rotary mow his pastures this past fall and it did a great job...so we'll see, i am going to get it this thursday so i will take pics when its all loaded up

Fieldman12
01-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Does it have a hot spot in the International name from the exhaust? Im pretty sure that was common for them. I bet the turbo has been on it for a long time. Guys where big on doing that when they would buy them back then. I guessing it's an M&W.

Dirt Digger2
01-25-2008, 11:15 PM
you know, i didn't really look...if thats the case i'll have to wrap the inside with heat shield or something...something about this tractor looks like a horror story waiting to happen...maybe its because its red, i dont know...but i do know that i am going to tractor supply tomorrow and buying a fire extinguisher that will be mounted in the cab before she even sees the field

Fieldman12
01-25-2008, 11:34 PM
This site has always been a great wealth of info. http://www.redpowermagazine.com/

Construct'O
01-25-2008, 11:43 PM
You need to check out what is leaking up by the right front corner,she is bleeding a little.It's left a spill on the ground.Might be antifreeze or power steering fluid.

What's the deal you could have had a Case:)???? It was setting right next to the one you bought.

The t/a was the worst thing about the binders.A lot of the older ones also just had the 2-point hitch,but the newer series came out with the 3-point.So does yours have 3-point hitch? Good luck:usflag:

Dirt Digger2
01-26-2008, 01:05 PM
You need to check out what is leaking up by the right front corner,she is bleeding a little.It's left a spill on the ground.Might be antifreeze or power steering fluid.

What's the deal you could have had a Case:)???? It was setting right next to the one you bought.

The t/a was the worst thing about the binders.A lot of the older ones also just had the 2-point hitch,but the newer series came out with the 3-point.So does yours have 3-point hitch? Good luck:usflag:

hahah well the oil coming out of the front is from the oil cooler line that blew when i was running it through its paces...the dealers fixing that, actually it should already be fixed because he was going to fix it the same day it broke...its a 3 pt hitch...i don't want a case, it was either red or green and i was reluctant to even buy red.