PDA

View Full Version : New co. looking for advice on trailer

K-Mac
01-24-2008, 11:05 AM
I am a new lawncare co. in florida looking for advice on trailers. Currently leaning toward a 14' open trailer with lock box on front. Obviously, an enclosed offers some advantages such as security and advertising, but price is a consideration. Any advice on dealers?

newbomb
01-24-2008, 12:02 PM
I am a new lawncare co. in florida looking for advice on trailers. Currently leaning toward a 14' open trailer with lock box on front. Obviously, an enclosed offers some advantages such as security and advertising, but price is a consideration. Any advice on dealers?

I would recomend an open trailer for now especially since you are a new co. 14" is a good size. I would not worry about brand too much just buy from a reputable dealer. Being new, just buy what you need to get by for a year or two till you see how your business grows. If necessary then you can upgrade.

mowman25
01-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Search my posts and you'll see pictures of my red landscape trailer. I gave $1,995 for it brand new last week in OKC. It came with the 2'x2' mesh sides, trimmer racks, cooler rack, and gas can holders. It's 82"x 16'.

LLandscaping
01-24-2008, 12:14 PM
The size and type of trailer you need depends on several things? The type of vehicle you will be using to tow the trailer and the type of equipment you plan to use? We started with a 5X10 trailer and it worked fine for several years but as we grew we need a larger trailer and purchased a 7X16. The 7X16 was perfected for us we could carry: a ztr and a walk-behind or two ztrs. Both of these were open trailers now we use a Hino 16ft box truck.

K-Mac
01-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the quick response guys. I have and will learn alot from this site.:drinkup:

bohiaa
01-24-2008, 12:43 PM
get the bigest one you can afford...

you will out grow a small one it in 2 months.

In fact I have a 5 x 10 that's been sitting for a while

justanotherlawnguy
01-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Yes go to champion trailers on gunn or weld rite on dale mabry. A couple of years ago I bought a 16' heavy duty landscaping trailer with lockbox, cooler rack, trimmer rack, pruner rack, and brakes from weld rite. It was an awesome trailer. Champion is good as well, they custom build everything...

K-Mac
01-24-2008, 03:54 PM
I went to weld rite today and will probably be buying from them. Thanks for the info.

wayside
01-24-2008, 06:38 PM
how much do you have and what do you need to buy still to get started?