PDA

View Full Version : Weedy lawns covered w/grass clippings

americanlawn
01-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Lawns mowed infrequently or lawns mowed when they're wet and/or too tall with a mulching mower (leaving rows of clippings).:hammerhead:

What do you guys do when many weeds are covered with grass clippings?

Delay the application and leave the customer a note? Spray if it's not too bad?

rscvp, Thanks.:waving:

scweedman
01-24-2008, 06:00 PM
I just spray it the best that i can if they call ill explain the problem.

PSUTURFGEEK
01-24-2008, 09:56 PM
If it's not to bad, I'll spray after getting out the blower and trying to spread out the clippings, if it's really bad a note to customer is always a good idea.

americanlawn
01-25-2008, 06:40 PM
We normally spray the lawn if they've been on the program awhile. But new customers with lawns chalk full of weeds, we wait until they rake or mow again. Sometimes we have to call 'em and explain the situation. Eventually things work out. Sometimes we luck out and the customer is home -- not many want to waste their money, so the normally take care of the situation within a few days. It's a hassle, but it's worth it in the long run.

RGM
01-25-2008, 06:59 PM
I gotten a complaint or 2 over the years from a customer saying that there lawn treatment company says they wasted there trip because of to much clipping left on the lawn. All i can say is i cut the lawn on the same day at about the same time every week if I'm behind because of rain they are too. Some of these big company's that treat lawns don't have a clue they should be asking when lawns are getting cut and then know when to come. Had to get that of my mind. You should never put it down on clippings find out cut day and do it 3 days earlier

americanlawn
01-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Ditto. I'm sure you don't wait until the grass is way too tall or way too wet. Same with our mowers. Thanks RGM. It's usually homeowners that get lazy when we see a prob. Funny thing....They usually admit it. LOL

Ric
01-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Pasture Grass

If you wait until they bales the hay, you can get better response from your Herbicide.

americanlawn
01-28-2008, 07:35 PM
We still have a New Holland bailer on the farm that's not being used. I've been tempted to let some customers know it's for sale. LOL

Whitey4
01-28-2008, 09:54 PM
This thread has little to do with nutrients or experience. Nothing to see here.