PDA

View Full Version : Aeration......How late?

jrblawncare
10-28-2001, 05:28 AM
For those of you that offer core aeration......how late in your season will you offer this service......when is it to late?By the way...I love my new Claussen TA25D!!!Thanks John

MOW ED
10-28-2001, 07:13 AM
I'm by no means an expert but I will core aerate as long as the ground is not frozen. Of course it looks a little odd if you are out there in an all brown dormant lawn pulling plugs. If you have concerns, sell them on waiting until spring.

kutnkru
10-28-2001, 08:28 AM
Here in the NE I dont like to aerate any later in the season than the 3rd week of Sept. Possibly up to the first week of Oct if its going to be a warm fall.

The thing to consider is that you should be careful so as not to expose your root system to the harsher elements when its going to start getting cold.

Hope this helps.
Kris

Lawn-Scapes
10-28-2001, 10:36 AM
Do you want to aerate after you have your pre-m down? Will this disturb the barrier?

dhicks
10-28-2001, 01:02 PM
We are doing core aereations (I can't spell today) up and until the ground freezes. In the spring, do your aeration BEFORE the Pre-M is applied or the barrier will be compromised.

jrblawncare
10-29-2001, 03:03 AM
Thanks guys,I read an article in grounds maintenance [sept.] warning about doing it to late for the reasons Kris gave.I should be safe for another week or so here in KY.I have had good luck with spring Aeration before Pre-M.