PDA

View Full Version : Dozer Plant

qps
01-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Pic of our group the recently went to the CAT dozer plant. standing behind a D11 and my standing behind a 777F I believe...

Construct'O
01-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Nice pics,thanks for sharing.Your looking way to serious.

Beep,Beep ! Might want to move i think he's getting ready to back up !!!!!!:)

Last time i was to Peoria was back around 1976 something.They had just started making the D10.:dancing: How time flys,when your having fun in the dirt(mud).:usflag:

allinearth
01-25-2008, 06:21 AM
Is that an inside demonstration area? What did you think? What is the tour like?

qps
01-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Nice pics,thanks for sharing.Your looking way to serious.

Beep,Beep ! Might want to move i think he's getting ready to back up !!!!!!:)

Last time i was to Peoria was back around 1976 something.They had just started making the D10.:dancing: How time flys,when your having fun in the dirt(mud).:usflag:

that's not a pic of me, but a buddy that went with me....he's much better looking and I don't want to take any credit:laugh:

qps
01-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Is that an inside demonstration area? What did you think? What is the tour like?

Yes it was inside, I want to say 2 acres worth, very impressive demo of all the big iron.

qps
01-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Yes it was inside, I want to say 2 acres worth, very impressive demo of all the big iron.

Here's a few more,,

ksss
01-25-2008, 10:48 AM
That is a lot of dozer.:dizzy:

bobcat_ron
01-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Alot of money too!

Scag48
01-25-2008, 02:29 PM
D11's make 8's and 9's look small, they're so huge. I'd like to make a trip back there at some point.

Tigerotor77W
01-25-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm surprised not too many of the machines were sporting the PowerEdge trade dress... I would have expected full garb!

Scag48
01-25-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm wearing the Power Edge t-shirt right now, style points!

ksss
01-25-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm wearing the Power Edge t-shirt right now, style points!

CAT shirt + Power Edge = Style points? C'mon Scag you may want to take a couple math classes. That don't add up. :drinkup:

RockSet N' Grade
01-25-2008, 04:48 PM
I would love to have that dozer right now.......for about an hour or two would do it for me. Been battling city hall and thrown under the bus. Imagine what I'm thinkin'?

Scag48
01-25-2008, 04:52 PM
I are a kollege studennt. As yoo can sea, math is my good subjekt!

bobcat_ron
01-25-2008, 06:26 PM
I would love to have that dozer right now.......for about an hour or two would do it for me. Been battling city hall and thrown under the bus. Imagine what I'm thinkin'?

Yup, it's been done before!! http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=yJcB1_EogXc

qps
01-25-2008, 07:43 PM

I feel your pain brother.....send me the coordinates and I'll call in a tomahawk missile launch....
:cool2:

Construct'O
01-25-2008, 07:47 PM

I'm dieing to hear........ "the rest of the story" Paul .

So what bus company was that???????

Might want to use something a little faster,like maybe F-16:weightlifter::usflag:

Construct'O
01-25-2008, 07:49 PM
I feel your pain brother.....send me the coordinates and I'll call in a tomahawk missile launch....
:cool2:

The proving grounds are in Wis. i hear:):usflag:

RockSet N' Grade
01-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Constructo....drainage issue. Existing farm ground I have has always (last 50 years or so) drained into the "drainage ditch or irrigation ditch". The city has now piped it and has renamed it a "storm water" system. My ground doesn't drain now because of the covering of the ditch. They say its my water problem and I should take care of it. Huh??? Well, now after meeting with the Mayor, she said I have to pull permits to get a tap. City Engineer, City Planner and entire staff say they don't have a permit process for this and this will be the first time they have ever issued a permit.......So, here I am trying to be a good citizen and not bringing in attorneys to express points of law and they are making rules up as they go. The dog is chasing its own tail and I can't get anything accomplished, which by state law they are responsible for in the first place.......oh, and the bus has alot of tires on it and each time it rolls over me, my stress level goes up and my check book gets lighter and lighter. Only been working on this for a year, and still no answer.......

Fieldman12
01-25-2008, 09:11 PM
RockSet N' Grade, let me ask you a few questions. Do you belong to any type of organization such as Farm Bureau? If so they can often help you with issues like that. There has been some land issues going on around here and all the farmers would stick together and at times get something done about it. They have the power to take it to Washington. Im a Farm Bureau member myself. Is the land under CAUV? Again if so it is farm land. I would get a hold of the Soil and Conservation office in your County and talk to them. Not sure what the clubs and stuff is called in your state but i would look into it.

Fieldman12
01-25-2008, 09:13 PM
They possible could be some government money available to help you out. I have used them before to pay for about all of my waterway.

Construct'O
01-25-2008, 11:22 PM
So your saying where the drainage ditch was is now storm drainage pipe covered up with dirt and no ditch because of this system now.

Those your property doesn't have any place to drain.How far to get drainage on your property other then the old drainage ditch.I take it not possible?

I take it your in the city limits now or was annexed.The rules change from rural to towns and city,but here if it was a natural waterway you can't plug it.I know its hard to fight the city goverment.

I would guess the irrigation/drainage ditch was there before the town was.So you might have more of a leg to stand on.Grandfatehered in thing!

Sounds like you will just have to go talk to your lawyer,to at least find out your options.If nothing else you might have to use him to get the permits you need.At least your able to do your own work that is a plus the way i see it.Unless they throw a wrench into that also.

Would be nice if you could at least get them to tap in the storm drain pipe at their expense then you could handle the rest.What size storm pipe are you talking 24" or bigger? cement or what?

The soil conservation service now is called NRCS (natural resourse conservation service) they are usually located at your farm service office,at least here.

Might not hurt to talk to them if it was an irrigation ditch they might have cost shared on it when first built and they might have something to say about doing away with it.Hang in there stay clam.Work on a plan,then proceed.Good luck

RockSet N' Grade
01-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Mayor told me to get a permit....went to get permit and they don't issue or have they ever issued permits to tap into drainage ditch area. Yes, by state law, I am grandfathered but our new Mayor has fewer brain cells than I and has a negative opinion of me because I want answers and performance. City used my driveway to do job, left 6" of mud and debris and now think they are doing me a favor by even cleaning it up........have to fight for that too. It is expensive in not only money, but frustration and time wasted for which seems to be just plain common sense.

Construct'O
01-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Might want to post new thread of your problem,so others might come up with a few other ideas.

Let's face it some people don't have common sense.I'm not the smartest person,but always thought common sense was one thing i was blessed with.

Well :confused:when it comes to a woman,now that a different story:rolleyes:

Next above mayor is city council,they are the ones that really have the say(power).You might need to go to one of there meeting,but to get heard usually you have to scheudle it ahead.

I'm sure you already know most of this.Well good luck,keep the pressure on.Squeeky wheel thing you know.:usflag: