PDA

View Full Version : Increase responce time and sound barrier - such a thing?

meets1
01-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I have a new BOBCAT S205. reason why - in town, awesome service and other choice was a NH which I thought was ok but just liked the features of the BOBCAT. Always had CASE but there again, nearest dealer was 30 miles away and once i started having troubles - they were busy, I couldn't haul it, etc. CAT was great but about 1.5 hours away from me for dealer support.

Anyway - I have the advanced hand controls - used to case's. I seem to really push the levers to the door to go wide open which is uncomfortable. I loved the joystick controls but I didn't need that big of skid. The 205 seems slow in regards to dumping and lifting the bucket all at once. What can be done to increase travel time? Also - maybe my hearing but I am thinking as I put hours on this machine - it seems to get noisier inside the cab. What can be done to muffel the noise?

dozerman21
01-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Bobcats are very loud in general. They're probably the loudest skids/CTLs that I've been around. I used to have a T300 with the AHC. I never really cared for those controls and that's one of the main reasons why I traded it in.

I had the Gold Package which I think came with some sort of sound deadening mat on the inside. You might see if yours has that. If it already has it, you might look into installing some Dynamat in the cab. I'm not sure it would help, but it could.

My controls you also had to push all the way down to go wide open. I doubt you can change that unless you can adjust the linkage. I just didn't like the fact that the AHC took away from the "feel".

BTW, earplugs or earmuffs go a long way to save your hearing. I wear them in everything, even quiet machines. It didn't take long to get used to them.

Scag48
01-25-2008, 12:41 AM
Ah the joys of Bobcat. They seem to be a great machine for some, adequate machines for others, and everyone else pretty much dislikes Bobcat entirely. As for sound deadening, wear ear plugs. Most skid steers I've been in with cabs still required head phones or ear plugs.

ksss
01-25-2008, 02:06 AM
Bobcats are loud and to me it is a high pitched noise that is very irratating to me. You may try and glue sound deadening material to the inside of the cab. It works surprisingly well, thats what the OEMs do. If you take your time it does not look bad. Your not going to be able to do anything with the response times. The 205 is not a great specing machine for a machine in the 2000K ROC class. The compact size combined with the lift capacity I think is its greatest asset. It certainly is not in high performance dirt moving. To bad to see you went to Bobcat from CASE. What model did you have and what problems were you seeing?

ksss
01-25-2008, 02:07 AM
Bobcats are loud and to me it is a high pitched noise that is very irratating to me. You may try and glue sound deadening material to the inside of the cab. It works surprisingly well, thats what the OEMs do. If you take your time it does not look bad. Your not going to be able to do anything with the response times. The 205 is not a great specing machine for a machine in the 2000K ROC class. The compact size combined with the lift capacity I think is its greatest asset. It certainly is not in high performance dirt moving. To bad to see you went to Bobcat from CASE. What model did you have and what problems were you seeing?

meets1
01-25-2008, 10:41 AM
I had an 1845 case. Over all the machine was great. But with the hours it was needed to many minor repairs. I did replace one pump, starter went out, nickel and dime on the engine. There were times when it just wouldn't run or start - dealer was like well can ou haul it here - no I can't start it. Summer time as well so then were lossen money not running machine. It was just to the point that something needed to be done and I was tired of messen all the time with the machine.

I am in a rural area so case dealer was around a 30 minutes away, no JD dealer close - at least that would sell ya a skid, NH is here in town as well as BOBCAT. There is cat rep that lives in town and tried it but he told me straight out that dealer support is good here but great else where being the nearest was around 1.5 hours away.

So demoed a few machines - NH and BC. Thing was I used the joystick controls on larger machines. I did like the feel of it but I just didn't need that big of machine. But I wanted some lifting power as I am in the landscape/small construction bix. So after alot of my equipment - I try to buy local when I can and do purchase something of quality. Thing is I feel as though I am limited to the machine - worst thing about the 205 so far is travel time, although it is 2 speed but with them levers to the door - after a few hours in the cab - that is not comfortable at all. Any offers?? Only has 20 hours!!

ksss
01-25-2008, 11:52 AM
MRSOPS likes them, maybe he'll take it off your hands.

bobcat_ron
01-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Get yourself into a Cat, very quiet and the pilots are easily switched over to Case style.

Construct'O
01-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Here for my dozers i use the service tech,because of distant,so that could have been a option.Not as handle,but an option.

Easy to buy,hard to sell !!!!!!!! with out taking it in the shorts! Good luck:usflag:

dozerman21
01-25-2008, 02:31 PM
I had an 1845 case. Over all the machine was great. But with the hours it was needed to many minor repairs. I did replace one pump, starter went out, nickel and dime on the engine. There were times when it just wouldn't run or start - dealer was like well can ou haul it here - no I can't start it. Summer time as well so then were lossen money not running machine. It was just to the point that something needed to be done and I was tired of messen all the time with the machine.

I am in a rural area so case dealer was around a 30 minutes away, no JD dealer close - at least that would sell ya a skid, NH is here in town as well as BOBCAT. There is cat rep that lives in town and tried it but he told me straight out that dealer support is good here but great else where being the nearest was around 1.5 hours away.

So demoed a few machines - NH and BC. Thing was I used the joystick controls on larger machines. I did like the feel of it but I just didn't need that big of machine. But I wanted some lifting power as I am in the landscape/small construction bix. So after alot of my equipment - I try to buy local when I can and do purchase something of quality. Thing is I feel as though I am limited to the machine - worst thing about the 205 so far is travel time, although it is 2 speed but with them levers to the door - after a few hours in the cab - that is not comfortable at all. Any offers?? Only has 20 hours!!

Ouch... You're going to take a pretty big hit if you sell it now. You might tell your Bobcat dealer to try and sell it for you to someone who's interested in the same machine, since they have already made their commission off of you. Unlikely, buy you never know. Did you demo a machine very long before you bought one?

meets1
01-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Yes, demo a few in fact. I tried the S185 out, NH 180 (I think that was the number) machines were pretty close in size. I did try the case out which was a 75XT with 110 hours, cat rep had one at his house but that was 272C i think - big machine for me. I also tried out the S220 and S250. In fact BOBCAT dealer let me use an S250 with 30 hours on it for about a month. Nice machine - but way more machine than I need. I think that machine was quieter than the 205, I liked the joystick controls better but I guess. Cat's machine was great to but I think the dealer told me this was comparable to BOBCATS 250 machine. So being used to the 1845 controls - I went with this model. I like it and all but at the same time - those levers are to the door - I try to seat different but then it seems that my knees are in the door, and I think the 1845 had quicker hydro dumping, lifting etc. So that is my story I guess.