PDA

View Full Version : Tax returns

Scag48
01-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Just paid my business taxes for the year, my sales and B&O taxes are due annually, so I just filed that with a check and closed up my business. As we all know, it's everyone's favorite time of the year; tax season. What is everyone else doing with the refund if you have any? I suppose for most in business for themselves there's going to be money going out, but I'm looking at a $2K+ return for my personal taxes. Going to buy a new rifle possibly, maybe some tools to carry in the truck when I start running iron again full time, I want a Lincoln 14V electric gun badly. What's everyone else going to spend their refund on? Or better yet, how badly has Uncle Sam robbed you this year?

ksss
01-25-2008, 01:27 AM
Don't know yet. I am sure I will be contributing to the delinquency of a whole fleet of sh!tbirds who refuse to support themselves. :hammerhead:

Scag48
01-25-2008, 01:58 AM
I have a real issue with welfare, why should I work harder to support someone who doesn't support themselves?

I actually think with my return I'm going to pull the trigger on a new(er) truck a couple months sooner than I've been planning. I'll be driving 250+ miles a week to and from the training grounds every week, my F150 has 202K on it as of yesterday, mileage isn't great and I can't afford to break down somewhere. With my return, I can make about 4 months worth of payments, more than enough to tide me over until I start working. I'll be working full time right up until I leave for my 6 weeks of training, then I'll be shut down to 3 days a week of work. I have a large sum of money in the bank saved up but it's not enough to tack on a truck payment as well. With the return, I can make that happen pretty easily, as I'll only need to pull about 2 months worth of payments out while I'm not working full time. We'll see how things go, though. I'm pretty strapped with a land mortgage payment and all the other usual bills, I'm sitting at about $1800 a month in debt. Good news is that I have ZERO credit card debt, I've handled having a card for a year very nicely I think.

Tell you what, if you fly me out to Rigby every week for 6 weeks, I'll work Fri-Sun, 15 hour days no questions asked. :laugh:

qps
01-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Don't know yet. I am sure I will be contributing to the delinquency of a whole fleet of sh!tbirds who refuse to support themselves. :hammerhead:

I take it you won't be voting for Hillary:confused:

AI Inc
01-25-2008, 07:57 AM
I take it you won't be voting for Hillary:confused:

Or any dem for that matter.

ksss
01-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Or any dem for that matter.

That would be correct.

bobcat_ron
01-25-2008, 01:12 PM
I have no idea how big my return will be, usually year's end brings in maybe $500 or so, but with the pay out and buying of a new machine my accountant has hinted well over the $6000 mark with all the tax I payed over the past 4 1/2 years, so I'm looking into getting a Stanley Dropping Hammer for the real thick stuff.

YellowDogSVC
01-25-2008, 05:29 PM
What's a refund?
I'm sure I will contribute to those who get their entire year's worth of taxes back plus some unearned income tax bonuses because they are below a certain wage. I know some people like that. They live fine but do a lot under that table thus they show very little income and get their entire paid in taxes back and then some of mine. Arghh.

I would try and set up my w2 so there is no refund. I don't like loaning my money to the IRS interest free!

YellowDogSVC
01-25-2008, 05:32 PM
I have no idea how big my return will be, usually year's end brings in maybe $500 or so, but with the pay out and buying of a new machine my accountant has hinted well over the $6000 mark with all the tax I payed over the past 4 1/2 years, so I'm looking into getting a Stanley Dropping Hammer for the real thick stuff.

Is that hammer like a cyclone hammer?

Dirt Digger2
01-25-2008, 05:43 PM
new rear tires for my tractor...its what last years went to also...bought 2 new tires for my old 8N...the tax return bought both...this year it will only be able to buy 1 tire for my new IH

YellowDogSVC
01-25-2008, 05:49 PM
an old 8n. I had a 49, and a 51. Miss those machines..

Dirt Digger2
01-25-2008, 05:52 PM
an old 8n. I had a 49, and a 51. Miss those machines..

yea this was a 53 i believe...the last year they made them..she plowed snow and did what i asked but we are expanding our farming business this year and needed a bigger tractor to pull fully loaded hay wagons, chisels, disks, molboards, etc...check out the pictures i posted on the new toy i just bought to replace the old girl

bobcat_ron
01-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Is that hammer like a cyclone hammer?

Yup, like a post pounder has a steamy romance with a real big sledge hammer and that is their love child: http://www.stanley-hydraulic-tools.com/mounted_line_files/drophammer.htm

Fieldman12
01-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Im putting mine in the bank.

Gravel Rat
01-25-2008, 08:06 PM
I hope I get some back I used to but now that I'am full time with the gov't I don't think I will get much back. It makes me sick everytime I look at my paystub when there is 500 dollars worth of tax deductions every 15 days :cry:

It is about 1000-1200 dollars a month taken off in deductions I'am a salary employee it is supposed to be gross 3300 a month.

When I do get a tax refund I will buy something with it this year I may put it into savings.

I hate to be the people that owe the gov't money. I know a few people every year they owe the gov't thousands of dollars.

A good bean counter is worth gold they can find ways of making you pay less income tax etc.

qps
01-25-2008, 08:13 PM
to the tune of the coors commercial with Jim Mora talking about the colts "playoff" hopes years ago...

REFUND...REFUND...DON'T TALK TO BE ABOUT A REFUND:laugh:

dozerman21
01-25-2008, 10:03 PM
to the tune of the coors commercial with Jim Mora talking about the colts "playoff" hopes years ago...

REFUND...REFUND...DON'T TALK TO BE ABOUT A REFUND:laugh:

Maybe you'll be lucky and they'll quote Denny Green..."QPS is who we thought he is.... and we let 'em off the hook"!!:laugh::drinkup:

ksss
01-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Maybe you'll be lucky and they'll quote Denny Green..."QPS is who we thought he is.... and we let 'em off the hook"!!:laugh::drinkup:

Thats my favorite.:laugh:

tsi guy
01-26-2008, 05:55 PM
tax man wants his money

RockSet N' Grade
01-26-2008, 08:45 PM
with my refund I'm gonna buy a tank of gas and drive south until they have never heard of a snow shovel. then, with the leftovers I'm gonna go to mcdonalds and buy a supersized fry and coke.....sit down and enjoy them in the sunshine and then head home so I can work my butt off again next year for my next big refund check.

hosejockey2002
01-26-2008, 11:43 PM
tax man wants his money

Yep, gotta pay for that war in Iraq somehow. Actually, never mind, that what we have deficit spending for...:hammerhead: