PDA

View Full Version : What next?

Fieldman12
01-26-2008, 12:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgavS7kR4Lg Okay, I am going to design a house on wheels so I can pull it to the job site with the skid to stay overnight.:laugh:

YellowDogSVC
01-26-2008, 12:18 AM
I just use a hitch attached to a bobcat 3pt adapter. I welded a 2" sleeve to the adapter (no longer usuable as adapeter) and I can put in different sized hitches for my various trailers. It was a cheap setup compared to what the above must cost! Cool idea though.

allinearth
01-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Has anyone priced one of those. I'm curious. Pretty neat gadget, but don't know how feasible it is.

yardmanlee
01-26-2008, 08:49 AM
neat idea !!! but I bet it aint cheap !!!

bobcat_ron
01-26-2008, 11:56 AM
I'll bet the tow bar above the cab would bend real easy and break if you got the trailer stuck and the pulling power of a CTL just kept going and going.

Absolutely useless.

Check out the only comment they got!!!

Scag48
01-26-2008, 05:30 PM
I can see how that would be useful on a farm. Level roads, long distance of travel and only one guy and one machine, it would be perfect for that. Take your bucket with you, drop the trailer, load it up, head back. Great idea for that. For excavation? It would be a stretch, but for farming it would be a great tool. I think being able to throw attachments behind it is stupid, it shows them dragging a box blade in the video, seriously just put it on the front of the machine, but the dump trailer setup is the best.

YellowDogSVC
01-26-2008, 05:43 PM
I can see how that would be useful on a farm. Level roads, long distance of travel and only one guy and one machine, it would be perfect for that. Take your bucket with you, drop the trailer, load it up, head back. Great idea for that. For excavation? It would be a stretch, but for farming it would be a great tool. I think being able to throw attachments behind it is stupid, it shows them dragging a box blade in the video, seriously just put it on the front of the machine, but the dump trailer setup is the best.

If they were going through that much trouble, a toolcat would be a useful tool on a farm and it has a sleeve hitch.

ksss
01-26-2008, 06:08 PM
I think it is very interesting. It is priced reasonable I think (go to the website). It could have some advantages in some types of jobs. The ag side I can see (feeding cattle for one). On the construction side it would also have value. I have been on jobs that you could not get a truck into. This could save time on certain jobs. The water attachment I could use at times. The other issue is transporting it around. Takes a lot space on a trailer. It looks very proffesionally built. The website refers to these guys building the small track loaders for a "leading skid steer OEM" I assume that to be Bobcat. I would not be too quick to call it useless. 15 years ago if someone told me people would buy bottled water by the pallets, I would have said your crazy. Why would any buy individually packaged bottled water? Well there you go. Not to mention pay a monthly fee to listen to the radio? They have obviously spent a lot of money in R&D on it. Whether or not it sells I guess we will see.

cat2
01-26-2008, 06:12 PM
it all depends on what your going to use it for

YellowDogSVC
01-26-2008, 06:36 PM
If you were moving logs out of the woods and had a need for along trailer, it looks useful. If you were a fencing company and needed to move a lot of materials up rough terrain, I can see the usefulness. I still think a CUV, toolcat, or small 4x4 truck would be a good choice while keeping the skid free, however, as a single owner-operator, I often fret about how I am going to move all my attachments and tools to one side or the other of a remote ranch (when I can't get my truck there). Something like that would save a number of trips.