PDA

View Full Version : Backpack Blower Cruise

GLS
10-28-2001, 09:12 PM
I just bought a backpack blower...mccolluch for only $150. I know it aint commercial, but I was lookin into the deeres, and it has the same specs. Anyways, It has a trigger lock, but only locks it in at half throttle. It would make so much more sense if it locked it at full. I don't know if it is supposed to be like that or not, but is there a way to fix it?

Eric ELM
10-28-2001, 09:39 PM
As far as I know, the trigger locks are for starting them. I've never seen this on a back pack blower though, just string trimmers, hedge trimmers, and things like that.

gogetter
10-28-2001, 10:07 PM
I wasn't aware that McCulloch (sp?), made a backpack blower.
But Eric is right. I bought a handheld McCulloch and the trigger lock was for starting it.

By the way and not related to your question but, the handheld unit mentioned above was my ONLY bad purchase. Got it real cheap on e-Bay. Was brand new, not reconditioned. But it wouldn't stay started. And when it did, it didn't blow very hard. After a couple unpleasant e-mails back and forth, they took it back minus shipping costs. I had bought it for a back up to my Shin. Ended up getting a Poulan Pro backpack and gotta say, I love it so far!

PRECISION LC
10-28-2001, 10:16 PM
my stihl br 420 has a trigger and a set throttle trigger. so i can set my throttle at any speed i want. its very nice.:blob2:

Richard Martin
10-29-2001, 05:26 AM
That's not your only problem OryanO. My local parts dealer says the McColloch line is no longer made by anyone. Parts are getting hard to find for them too.

kpyoung
10-29-2001, 03:49 PM
Someone must be making them again. In my area, Marvin's has started selling new ones.

GLS
10-29-2001, 10:03 PM
I picked it up at Lowes for about $150 i think...real cheap compared to other bp blowers. If i can't find parts for it, thats ok cuz I don't need it to last that long. I have never really had any problems with small engine equipment and parts, hopefully I wont with this.