PDA

View Full Version : Blowers

Flick
10-28-2001, 11:48 PM
Blowers are useless. Both gas and electric models make a great deal of noise and only scatter objects from one area to another. Many counties are placing bans on these devices. Why don't we do our part as industry leaders and stop using these worthless tools. Maybe we could come up with a good slogon like, "Blowers are for lame mowers." Or maybe, "Pro's that use blowers are nothing more than whores." I'm not very good at this as you can see. But I'm sure you guys can come up with some real good ideas. "Stop the blowers or I'll pull down my lowers."

mowerconsultant
10-28-2001, 11:52 PM
???????

gogetter
10-28-2001, 11:56 PM
Flick......put the bottle down Flick. That's it......put it down.:dizzy:

casey
10-29-2001, 12:02 AM
I think he means mowers. Otherwise I agree with him 100%
"blowers are for whores" LOL.

Scag48
10-29-2001, 12:28 AM
Flick-What are you smoking?! Got a better idea? Oh, that's right, here's what I'll do. I'll burn my blower the day you come over here and rake all my leaves off my lawns and then use a broom to sweep all the walks and get all the grass out of the edges between the grass and sidewalks, and do all this in less the time that I can do it with a blower. The sound doesn't bother me, the louder the better. When I see a scrub down the street, run the trimmer high to let him know who's gonna beat his ass down the road. Besides, blowers don't make any more noise than your mower. Ban blowers, guess we know who's an envirofreak...

casey
10-29-2001, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Flick
"Blowers are for lame mowers." "Pro's that use blowers are nothing more than whores." "Stop the blowers or I'll pull down my lowers."

"Satan uses a blower...God uses a broom"
Send me 5 bumper stickers.

Paradise Yard Service
10-29-2001, 02:07 AM
I've always needed a good reason to get out of this buisness. Ban my blower and I'm out.

Please, don't insult our intelligence with this misinformation.

Mahalo & Aloha,

P.Y.S.

Richard Martin
10-29-2001, 05:14 AM
Flick you are supposed to use the blowers on leaves that are on the ground, not the leaves that are still in the trees.

lakegastonla
10-29-2001, 06:16 AM
Pssssssssttttt. Hey I've got a secret..... wanna know what it is? I think somebody's new to this business(flick)and has no idea what he's talking about. I'd can it unless I had a clue what I was talking about. Making an a#@ out of oneself is a painful lesson on the way to learning personal restraint. Go back to the grocery store or whereever it is you came from. (where your real experience lies):blob2:

HOMER
10-29-2001, 06:58 AM
I think Flick should attend an anger management class. I read a response in the mechanics forum and it just seems he has some issues that need dealing with. Also checked his profile. He was born in 1956 yet he is 32 years old:confused: ?

Flick, please try and contribute to this or find another place to hang out and harrass..............we really don't need you but thanks for the entertainment.

GrassChopper
10-29-2001, 07:19 AM
Echo's PB46ln blower is only 65 db. I just bought a blower from a pawn shop, an Echo Pb46ht for 100.00. What a deal!!

Huh oh, I live in Florida, you think Flick is gonna come get my Blowers????:cry:

MOW ED
10-29-2001, 07:36 AM
Could this be the old Lawnranger or the gr8one coming back as a Floridian? Looking at some of the 0's and 1's coming off that keyboard, Can ya see "banned" in the future?

I'm all for a logical discussion but this only ranks as poor humor. If you have real reasons based on your broad real world experience then let us in on it.
Otherwise please leave me out of your generalization as an "industry leader".

I'm gonna continue to be a Pro ***** with 2 blowers, if you want to change my opinion then I invite you to try.

Bill Davis
10-29-2001, 08:20 AM
I bet you get made fun of when you pull up to a house with your big push brooms and little brooms, I'm sure its fun getting to push grass and dirt and leaves around the yard and sidewalk and by the way do you think that maybe you could come up here to Arkansas and give me some broom using techniques. Im sure you have to posses a lot of skill to be able to handle one of these powerful tools.

bubble boy
10-29-2001, 08:47 AM
tell us Flickwhat do you use to clean up with after you've cut a lawn with your craftsmen electric mower?

c'mon, respond-i could use a good chuckle.

ChadsLawn
10-29-2001, 09:36 AM
I just might have to travel over to O'Town and look him up...If I find him Ill take a bunch of pictures and post every one of them here..Oh FLICK you need to stop hanging out on Orang Blossom Trail(hooker,Drug ave.)in Orlando.

I personally think Flick is loosing accounts to the guys that use blowers because he cant get the grass out of the edges of the sidewalks.And what customers he has are laughing at him eveytime he pulls up..

Oh another thing..Arent you using a generator to run your electric mowers??That generator if pretty loud..

Bottom Line FLICKster get a job flippin burgers no noise no harm to the environment no BLOWERS..And most important "GET A REAL LIFE"..We have more inportant things to worry about like "ANTHRAX"...Hmmmm could Flick be involved??? Seems goofey enough..

Chad

Double D
10-29-2001, 09:42 AM
I think you guys are being to hard on the ole Flickster, you see those loud blowers just scare the sh*t out of his goats that he drops off at your house to to 'mow' your lawn. Just remember, blowers are bad! LMAO

bubble boy
10-29-2001, 11:41 AM
Double D that is too hilarious:D :D :D

Joe W.
10-29-2001, 01:04 PM
Maybe he's using a Shop Vac.

GrassChopper
10-29-2001, 01:09 PM
Hey Flick. Homer's son has something to tell you....

http://home.cfl.rr.com/mrixey/bart02.gif

mdb landscaping
10-29-2001, 02:50 PM
man, what a great thread. i cant stop laughing. thanks for being completely stupid Flick:D . you had your fun. now get lost.

ronslawncare
10-29-2001, 02:58 PM
everyone one nuts on here lmao

Please read the Posting guidelines.

Edited by Eric ELM

Dochere
10-29-2001, 03:01 PM
thanks for the post Flick, it's about time I was able to LMAO!

johnhenry
10-29-2001, 07:11 PM
Wow Flick your a little quiet after your statements.
Down here in the ozarks and most everywhere else we have tree's. But I agree with Homer on this one

HOMER
10-29-2001, 07:17 PM
Bart is too cool!:cry:

Those are tears of laughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought about Flick today while picking those dust boogers out of my nose, you know how they annoy you so bad when you can't breath any more cause they get so durn big............I did a little "flicking"!

awm
10-29-2001, 08:55 PM
how about that flick. is this a real great thread.

Scag48
10-29-2001, 09:37 PM
I'm sorry, but I think flick is just lookin for attention. He hasn't responded and maybe he just wants the publicity for starting a huge long thread.

thelawnguy
10-29-2001, 09:44 PM
new member+no profile+no email+noPM+controversial post = TROLL.

Get a grip folks.

Eric ELM
10-29-2001, 10:00 PM
Flick is not a member anymore. He listed a bogus email address which is reason enough to remove him. He didn't read all the fine print when he joined up.

KirbysLawn
10-29-2001, 10:01 PM
I think blowers suck also, I'm really tired of buying these dang 500' drop cords, they are so easily cut with the trimmer and are always getting wrapped around my feet when I use the blower.:angry:

http://www.animfactory.com/animations/people_a_l/electrician/electrician_trapped_md_wht.gif