PDA

View Full Version : Competition for most posts

steveparrott
01-27-2008, 09:40 AM
You guys may not be aware of this but there's a raging battle for most posts in this forum.

For the top ten, go to:

http://boardreader.com/fp/LawnSite_com_Lawn_Care_and_Lan_10226/Landscape_Lighting_357803.html

ProScapes is number 1, with Mike M and Irrig8r close on his heals. James is lagging in the number 4 position, come on James, I'm routing for you!

Pro-Scapes
01-27-2008, 10:01 AM
well based on the weather and holidays I have had quite of bit of time in the office latley. I never considered it a competition or "battle" and always just tried to share my experiences and findings. Bare in mind I am also hearing impaired so the internet and such makes up 90% of my communication and information intake.

I take it someone is trying to say some of us post to much. Funny people also say when the forum is dead.

I will try to cut back to posting once or twice per week.

Mike M
01-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Great tool for analysis.

May I mention that the weighting happens to be inversely correlated with AOLP attendance, of course James bucking that trend. Go, James.

As a free provider of content, I'd like to pat myself on the back for my many contributions, if not for any useful information, at least for my eagerness to be involved, provide personal narratives, amuse others with my bad ideas, personal mishaps, and propensity for stupid questions. Without a generous stream of stupid questions (worse yet, my stupid responses), there would be limited opportunity for the highly skilled and trained illumination artist to play the fun role of "exasperated responder," thereby providing content-rich threads for the public to follow.

Mike M
01-27-2008, 10:30 AM
I will try to cut back to posting once or twice per week.

Well, if that counts, you only get one more. You may as well try to give up eating, Billy.

Lite4
01-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Mike, that was quite eloquently written my friend.

steveparrott
01-27-2008, 11:13 AM
No offense meant in my starting this thread. This forum is a great tool and a great way to spend downtime. I'd like to see more pros work their way to the top.

Mike M
01-27-2008, 11:37 AM
No offense meant in my starting this thread. This forum is a great tool and a great way to spend downtime. I'd like to see more pros work their way to the top.

I'm not sure if this conveys a message different from the first.

JoeyD
01-29-2008, 11:09 AM
this is funny, I have never seen this. My wife says I'm addicted...this confirms it.....LOL...a lot of guys at aolp told me they read the forum but dont post too much. They wonder how anyone is working, I told them they are Lawnsite professionals that do lighting on the side...LOL......

irrig8r
01-29-2008, 11:57 AM
My gf says I'm addicted too... but doggone, it's been cold and wet out there the last couple of weeks. This time of year I doing more planning and organizing, especially on rainy days.

So, I might spend a couple hours thoroughly sorting and labeling boxes of last season's leftovers, and making a resolution to put everything back where it belongs next season so I don't have duplicates or tripilcacates of stuff, then come in and warm up with a cup of coffee or soup and lawnsite, fire off an email or two to customers or prospects who contact me, then go out an do some more...

I put up a shed and wasn't sure if I was going to use it for personal storage or parts and materials... since it's a few steps farther from the house it's where all camping and fishing and cycling stuff is going, freeing up storage shelves in the garage so it will now be 100% tools, workbenches, parts and supplies, because it's closer to where I park.

Still more to tackle... but coming in and logging on helps take the edge off the damp and chill that stiffen up an old hip injury...

I have two lighting install jobs and three sprinkler and drip jobs waiting for me as soon as I finish some dormant fruit tree and rose pruning that I do every year this time for fun, and to keep me in touch with the progression of the seasons...

Its also been a good time to look at new products, like LED-based lighting fixtures, and see how they might fit into the mix.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-29-2008, 12:29 PM
but coming in and logging ...

What is this Gregg?? Have you figured out some new niche? interior logging? :laugh: I know they have some pretty big redwoods out near you but this sounds crazy to me.

NightScenes
01-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Wow, I'm on the bottom of the list. You guys are really going to town!