PDA

View Full Version : I need some help! Quick!

6DoubleDuece
01-27-2008, 09:36 PM
I have a 2003 International 7400 When I drove the the tire washer at the rock quarry the other day the ABS Light came on and will not go off!

Tomorow at 3:00 I have To take a driver over to get his Class A and I can't have any lights on!

Any hints on how to reset the computer (other than unhooking the battery)

Thanks
Brenden

bobcat_ron
01-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Do a series of hard brake applications, to the point that the wheels and ABS kicks in, if that fails, then unplug the battery, or just find the fuse for the light and yank it, anything to kill that light.

turboawd
01-27-2008, 10:11 PM
piece of electrical tape over the light

Gravel Rat
01-27-2008, 10:56 PM
I would try like Ron says a hard brake application see if it resets itself. If not you can try the battery but if it comes on when the guy is doing his road test oops :laugh:

These instructors are looking for everything so the truck has to be all legal.

turboawd
01-27-2008, 10:57 PM
pull the abs fuse

6DoubleDuece
01-27-2008, 11:07 PM
I took it one of the local grades and tried to get the brakes wamed up a bit but no luck.

Also tried the fuse but that won't because it just trips the "check electrical system" Light

I would tape it but it would be too easy to see with the way the dash is.

Thanks Guys Keep them coming!

Brenden

Construct'O
01-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Might have to pull the dash panel to get to the bulb,or reach up under the dash and find the bulb that light it up and take it out.

I would try the battery thing first,probably easier.Good luck.

DiyDave
01-28-2008, 01:26 PM
You might also want to check around under the truck, and see if you have any dangling wires or connectors near the wheels, that could have gotten wet or loosened. I once had a 5 cent plastic wire clamp go, let loose a wire right into the drive shaft. That wire controlled the wabco exhaust brake unit on that truck. Sometimes it's just simple sh*t!

Landrus2
01-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Do a series of hard brake applications, to the point that the wheels and ABS kicks in, if that fails, then unplug the battery, or just find the fuse for the light and yank it, anything to kill that light.

Use a pro-link scanner and reset the code a fixing might be necessary:drinkup: