PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas...

patron
01-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Hi This a 16 Hp self propelled Lesco Blower
I could not get it to do it for me today, but the problem is after about running for 3 to 5 minutes. Hdy oil begins to flow out of the vent in the oil cap. This machine is used about 30 to 50 hours a year. I've had it about 8 years and this problem developed out of the blue one day. Since it didn't do it for the camera I'm just wondering what might cause a problem of this nature?

Restrorob
01-28-2008, 06:44 PM
You don't have the tank over filled do you ?

In the center of the cap I believe there is a small piece of foam that filters trash from getting through the vent, This foam could be rotted away leaving a open hole for the oil to be vibrated through.

MowerMedic77
01-28-2008, 06:52 PM
You need to check all of your suction side hydro lines and fittings. Something is loose and sucking air into the system and causing the hydro oil to foam out of the top of the reservoir tank.
Good luck and hope this helps:)

patron
01-28-2008, 07:19 PM
You don't have the tank over filled do you ?

In the center of the cap I believe there is a small piece of foam that filters trash from getting through the vent, This foam could be rotted away leaving a open hole for the oil to be vibrated through.

No cap is good oil level is correct.
When it was coming through the vent it was sort of tan
the next morning back to normal.

I'll try and run it longer next time to re create the actual event.

patron
01-28-2008, 07:44 PM
You need to check all of your suction side hydro lines and fittings. Something is loose and sucking air into the system and causing the hydro oil to foam out of the top of the reservoir tank.
Good luck and hope this helps:)

thanks wasn't sure where to start looking have two of these and they have been mostly trouble free.

Restrorob
01-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Tan looking oil is a sign of moister/condensation in the oil which will cause a higher than normal oil level when cold. Once ran for a while (warmed up) the moister/condensation burns out and the oil returns to the original color and level.

We had this very problem with new units being driven to the front of our building daily for display. They don't get ran to running temps going this little distance so condensation builds.

Once a week they are left running and brought up to temp to burn this condensation out.

patron
01-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Tan looking oil is a sign of moister/condensation in the oil which will cause a higher than normal oil level when cold. Once ran for a while (warmed up) the moister/condensation burns out and the oil returns to the original color and level.

We had this very problem with new units being driven to the front of our building daily for display. They don't get ran to running temps going this little distance so condensation builds.

Once a week they are left running and brought up to temp to burn this condensation out.
This sits 10 months out of the year
Started this afternoon so i could post to this board.
when problem first was happening in november i just shut machine down. went an got a new filter and then season was over.
so i'll let it run even longer tomorrow and see what happens
have about month an a half b4 i need it.

patron
01-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Ran it today for 45 minutes no problem.

Maybe is was mouse crap?

Thank for all the help:)

2stroke
01-29-2008, 08:27 PM
i grew up in Hudson Ohio. small world.