PDA

View Full Version : Grub Treatment?

ArchiesLawns
01-29-2008, 02:56 PM
We do 2 treatments on Grub control. 1) preventative (merit) in the spring 2) curative (Dylox) in the late summer. We charge one and half times there service. Example: Regular service is $40.00, grub service would be $60.00. I was wondering what everyone charges for there grub services.

Thanks

NattyLawn
01-29-2008, 03:18 PM
At what time are grubs active in Alabama? Do you Dylox every property or lawns with visible grub damage?

1.5 to 2 times your regular price is common. Twice is common if you apply the Merit with fert.

ArchiesLawns
01-29-2008, 04:40 PM
We try and do the preventative in April/early May. The curative is done in August/September. Generally the offer sales itself. We can have grubs close to year round here.

Mr.GreenJeans89
01-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Dylox and merit is really about the only brands we got isnt it?

crazy4green
01-29-2008, 09:09 PM
We charge 2 - 2.5 times regular app for just grub control. But every area is different you have to price accordingly. I know it's different eveywhere but if you use a preventative you shouldn't have to use a currative treatment but thats just how we do it. I'm sure its different there.

Runner
01-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Same here. the Merit aps with fert. equal 3x the regular ap. amount.

Whitey4
01-29-2008, 11:31 PM
In NY, we have a very specific grub season. We also have sandy loam on LI. The overwintered grubs are more difficult to kill in the spring. The leaching doesn't help either, particularly in the spring with all the seasonal rainfall. Accepted practice here (by the DEC and turf gurus) is to only treat in the late summer, when the newly hatched larvae are more vulnerable, and easier to kill. It's thought that spring apps here just make the grubs more pesticide resistant.

In the south, I'm sure the strategy is different. Grub treatment is twice the maintenance fees here, partly because the market rate for mow and blow is so freakin low.