PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Fuel

txduckkilla
01-29-2008, 04:01 PM
What's up everybody. I have a Kawasaki 29hp efi engine that with a bad fuel pump. One of the blade electrical connectors broke off and I can't solder it back on. So I go online to order a new one and they want $412 for a fuel pump. Ridiculous. Does anybody know what psi that is required of these pumps to operate the EFI or where can I find after market one. Thanks for the help.

Restrorob
01-29-2008, 07:16 PM
I haven't worked on a Kawi DFI engine as of yet. So, I went to the service manual. It shows 26.4 lbs. max after the pressure regulator at full throttle, I would guess the pump could be putting out 30-35 lbs. before the regulator as most EFI cars/trucks do.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/Kawasaki/FD/KawFD791DFuelPumpTest.jpg

I'm not sure you will find a cheapo after market pump with that kind of pressure. Also, With this much pressure you want to use crimp type fittings on the pressure side of the pump to prevent the hose from blowing off and causing a fire.

txduckkilla
01-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the help. I found some inline fuel pumps with that pressure for about 100 bucks, a heck of a lot better than $412.