PDA

View Full Version : ConExpo questions

ksss
01-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Dozerman's comments made me think. If anyone on the forum who is not going to ConExpo has some kind of info they want to know from an OEM let me know. As long as this does not get crazy, I would be happy to try and find the answer if I can. I will be there almost the entire week. I will even talk to the CAT guys if I have to but that will cost a lap dance per question.:clapping:

Dirt Digger2
01-29-2008, 06:24 PM
just get a bunch of pictures, i love looking at new paint.

cat2
01-29-2008, 06:55 PM
ahhh new paint

RockSet N' Grade
01-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Ksss, If I understand this correctly.......(and it may be the reason there are no questions posted)........is that if someone asks a question they owe you a lap dance? I personally don't do lap dances, so I have no questions for you to ask at Con-Expo :)

BIGBEN2004
01-29-2008, 07:48 PM
He said that is only if it is a question for the CAT guys:hammerhead:

Scag48
01-29-2008, 07:49 PM
I'd just like to see a few pics. Maybe score some pics of the Case stuff? Is Case's re-designed cabs on their skid steers going to be there? If so, I'd like to see pictures of that.

OhioMowerGuy
01-29-2008, 08:23 PM
how often do they have the conexpo?

RockSet N' Grade
01-29-2008, 08:38 PM
OK SCAG........lets see that lap dance:cool2::cool2::blob2::blob2:

Scag48
01-29-2008, 08:43 PM
I think KSSS will be giving ME a dance for wanting Case info. :laugh:

dozerman21
01-29-2008, 09:15 PM
O.K., I'll post my questions on here in case anybody else was wondering some of the same things.

I'm in the market for a new dozer, although I'm also considering used. I would like to stick with Case, but I've considered a Deere. The new K-Series Cats are very nice too, but pricey.

My questions:

- Is Case going to continue to make a 550H in the Power Shift transmission, or are they finally going to make a hystat in that size to either replace the Power Shift or build both?

- If Case is going to keep the 550 size with the Power Shift, are there plans for a factory cab?

- Are there any changes in the works for the 650K machine?

- How is a "Series 3" 650K different from a "Series 2"? (I've heard it's something in the electronics)

- I'm also very interested in the new Case CTL's with the new style cabs. Any info that you can get on those, along with all the pics of everything that your camera can take would be great!:clapping:

That's my grocery list for now... Any info on all of that is appreciated! I kept mine all Case related, so I'll be sure to buy ya lap dance and some beer the next time I find myself at an "establishment"!:drinkup: Even better, make it a couch dance instead and we'll just put in on QPS's tab!:cool2:

qps
01-29-2008, 09:43 PM
O.K., I'll post my questions on here in case anybody else was wondering some of the same things.

I'm in the market for a new dozer, although I'm also considering used. I would like to stick with Case, but I've considered a Deere. The new K-Series Cats are very nice too, but pricey.

My questions:

- Is Case going to continue to make a 550H in the Power Shift transmission, or are they finally going to make a hystat in that size to either replace the Power Shift or build both?

- If Case is going to keep the 550 size with the Power Shift, are there plans for a factory cab?

- Are there any changes in the works for the 650K machine?

- How is a "Series 3" 650K different from a "Series 2"? (I've heard it's something in the electronics)

- I'm also very interested in the new Case CTL's with the new style cabs. Any info that you can get on those, along with all the pics of everything that your camera can take would be great!:clapping:

That's my grocery list for now... Any info on all of that is appreciated! I kept mine all Case related, so I'll be sure to buy ya lap dance and some beer the next time I find myself at an "establishment"!:drinkup: Even better, make it a couch dance instead and we'll just put in on QPS's tab!:cool2:

Problem solved...every question you asked...CAT already has....if CASE catch's up to CAT standards they'll have to charge accordingly....you guys need to take step into the 21st Century.....Ha...I was just waiting for the opportunity to say that.:laugh::drinkup:

Scag48
01-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Hahahaha

Case seriously does not offer a factory cab for the 550 currently? That is downright stupid, IMO.

Dirt Digger2
01-29-2008, 10:30 PM
CAT doesn't offer anything as small as the 550...i believe the D3 is larger then the 550. Don't any of you dare make fun of the 550 though, thats my baby...however, if we ever did get a 650 with cab and hystat i wouldn't be too upset to see the 550 go.

qps
01-29-2008, 10:36 PM
CAT doesn't offer anything as small as the 550...i believe the D3 is larger then the 550. Don't any of you dare make fun of the 550 though, thats my baby...however, if we ever did get a 650 with cab and hystat i wouldn't be too upset to see the 550 go.

550 does seem alittle old school but, maybe a perfect entry level machine, and just right for smaller yards...

Fieldman12
01-29-2008, 10:42 PM
If you see a new JD skid steer with the pilot controls there takes some pics. P.S. take some pics of the dancers too. :cool2:

Tigerotor77W
01-29-2008, 11:36 PM
I'll do what I can for pictures also... but let me warn you in advance: when I take pictures, I take a whole ton of them... so... you may be inundated. :p

RockSet N' Grade
01-30-2008, 12:14 AM
Tigerator........Pics of equipment or secret agent type incriminating photographs of lapdances?

dozerman21
01-30-2008, 12:25 AM

Yes it is... and much more expensive. Deere's 450 is also a couple thousand pounds heavier.

550 does seem alittle old school but, maybe a perfect entry level machine, and just right for smaller yards...

I'll give you that's it's a little old school and definetly not as comfy... but entry level? Only in terms of cost and convenience. Those little pushers put out as much bang for the buck as any dozer close to it's size. The hp to weight ratio is better than any that I know of in a finish dozer. It also comes down to who's sitting in the seat.:cool2: They are very good in small yards and they're also quick and agile. The 650K is more comparable to the other hystats. I just wish it was a little lighter. There is too big of a gap between a 550H and a 650K, and then the 650K, 750K, and 850K are all fairly close. That's been my biggest gripe since the K-Series came out.

KSSS- I thought of another question...:) Could you ask someone at Case how the 650K has a drawbar pull of 42,000 lbs., and a D4 and 550J are only around 27K-29K lbs? I've been told it's because of bigger pumps with more capacity and flow. I'm just curious because Deere and Cat are pretty close between their similar models.

Tigerrator, if you have any insight on this, please explain.:drinkup:

qps
01-30-2008, 07:36 AM
Convience is something that becomes important at my age, you young whipper snappers will learn...what I meant by entry level was it is a great value for the money, you CASE guys are way to serious, sit back turn up the radio and a/c and enjoy life:drinkup:....wonder if direct t.v. is avaliable for my 297 yet:weightlifter:

dozerman21
01-30-2008, 09:07 AM
I agree 100% that comfort has become a necessity. I wouldn't even consider any machine that I'll run on a regular basis if it doesn't have a cab, or can't have one put on. This time around I'm going to have A/C as well. My next CTL is going to have a pressurized cab.

I'm all about technology and bells and whistles as long as it's affordable and doesn't effect the performance and operator control of a machine. Hell, it's usually the "whipper snappers" that want the DirecTv in the machines and the older folks are the ones who say "We never had it back then... We used to have to pull this cable or manually do this..." Except for the more experienced guys on here.:):drinkup:

Dirt Digger2
01-30-2008, 09:43 AM
CASE guys are way to serious, sit back turn up the radio and a/c and enjoy life:drinkup:

us case guys dont have cabs, AC, or radio...haha

qps
01-30-2008, 10:21 AM
I agree 100% that comfort has become a necessity. I wouldn't even consider any machine that I'll run on a regular basis if it doesn't have a cab, or can't have one put on. This time around I'm going to have A/C as well. My next CTL is going to have a pressurized cab.

I'm all about technology and bells and whistles as long as it's affordable and doesn't effect the performance and operator control of a machine. Hell, it's usually the "whipper snappers" that want the DirecTv in the machines and the older folks are the ones who say "We never had it back then... We used to have to pull this cable or manually do this..." Except for the more experienced guys on here.:):drinkup:

That's true...I remember when my mini excavator was a...small shovel??? I also walked to school...uphill....both ways...without shoes....:weightlifter:

qps
01-30-2008, 10:23 AM
us case guys dont have cabs, AC, or radio...haha

You Case guys are hardcore:weightlifter:

BIGBEN2004
01-30-2008, 12:16 PM
That's true...I remember when my mini excavator was a...small shovel??? I also walked to school...uphill....both ways...without shoes....:weightlifter:

You are complaining about not having shoes, well at least you had feet we didnt even have feet.:walking:

OhioMowerGuy
01-30-2008, 01:06 PM

dozerman21
01-30-2008, 01:14 PM

They have it in Vegas every 3 years, I believe.

bobcat_ron
01-30-2008, 01:33 PM
I thought it was every year.

Vermeer
01-30-2008, 03:22 PM
It is every three years. Definitely alot to see! And if you walk thorugh the entire show through every booth you will not have any feet left

equipment fan
01-30-2008, 07:09 PM
i would like to see pictures from al backhoe loader show,please.:rolleyes:

BIGBEN2004
01-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Any pictures of the latest and greatest would be good for me. I am not partial toward any one brand of equipment I like seeing what they all have to offer and bring to the table.

ksss
01-30-2008, 10:33 PM
OK, I sent that post as I was headed out the door. I can see that for some guys like Rock Set I needed to be a little more specific. The price for me talking to the CAT guys is a lap dance. Now the way this works is I get the lap dance from a hottie of my choice. The price of which is billed to the person requesting the info. You get your info when I get my check. If I don't get paid, I guess I will have to write it off as a bad (great) bad debt. I will bring my lap top and camera so as long as I got wireless in the hotel we'll be good to go.

Construct'O
01-31-2008, 12:29 AM
Let's see might check out the new Cat D6T's for me.

By the way i'll need your home address to send the check in care of Mrs. KSSS and the reason for payment:cool2:.:usflag:

Have fun,maybe not to much fun:rolleyes::drinkup:

Scag48
01-31-2008, 12:33 AM
I seriously wanted to go to Conexpo this year, but in all honesty, I'd probably have way too good of a time and end up getting arrested or worse...become a Case fan. :laugh:

ksss
01-31-2008, 12:55 AM
Let's see might check out the new Cat D6T's for me.

By the way i'll need your home address to send the check in care of Mrs. KSSS and the reason for payment:cool2:.:usflag:

Have fun,maybe not to much fun:rolleyes::drinkup:

Hey, certainly you have seen the commercials "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas".

P.S. My wife goes with me to ConExpo. The lap dance thing. Aint goin to happen. She gets upset when she sees the naked lady mudflaps.

qps
01-31-2008, 12:57 AM
I seriously wanted to go to Conexpo this year, but in all honesty, I'd probably have way too good of a time and end up getting arrested or worse...become a Case fan. :laugh:

I should call the local authorities and have you arrested just for saying that:hammerhead:
KSSS....wheres my hat:confused:

qps
01-31-2008, 01:01 AM
Hey, certainly you have seen the commercials "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas".

P.S. My wife goes with me to ConExpo. The lap dance thing. Aint goin to happen. She gets upset when she sees the naked lady mudflaps.

No way she can watch you all day:cool2:....when I was there in Oct. the locals :laugh:..where passing out cards to meet some nice ladies..amber and brittany......only 89.00...you might check into that:drinkup:

ksss
01-31-2008, 01:02 AM

Scag, there are worse things in life than being a CASE fan. When you get started on your own gig, perhaps you'll see that the true color of productivity is Power Tan. :weightlifter:

ConExpo will be back in the USA in three years, you need to plan on attending that one. I have been to three shows now, and I have yet to leave on probation (bringing my wife with probably has something to do with that).

Scag48
01-31-2008, 01:07 AM
Power tan, that just sounds funny. :laugh: I was really wanting to go to this round at Vegas, but since I bought property I just can't swing it. I understand it can be done for not a large sum of money, but when you've got more per month in bills than you're currently making, gotta work. I'm just waiting for June when my union training is over, I'll be able to wipe myself with $20's compared to what I'm making right now. I'll have me up a new Case, err, I mean Cat skid steer in about a year that will be paid free and clear but I'll have to lease it to my old man, I don't believe I can run a side biz while being a union operator.

The next ConExpo I will definately be at and I'd like to make it to the Case rodeo this year.

ksss
01-31-2008, 01:18 AM
I should call the local authorities and have you arrested just for saying that:hammerhead:
KSSS....wheres my hat:confused:

I am currently locating my most prized hat possession. The CASE backhoe rodeo 50th anniversery hat. Very cool looking hat and hard to get ( so I am told). Nothing less would do for a dedicated CAT fan.

qps
01-31-2008, 01:23 AM
I am currently locating my most prized hat possession. The CASE backhoe rodeo 50th anniversery hat. Very cool looking hat and hard to get ( so I am told). Nothing less would do for a dedicated CAT fan.

I'm not worthy....

ksss
01-31-2008, 01:26 AM
No way she can watch you all day:cool2:....when I was there in Oct. the locals :laugh:..where passing out cards to meet some nice ladies..amber and brittany......only 89.00...you might check into that:drinkup:

I learned a few things in my younger years working overseas in such places as Korea, Phillipines, Thailand, Hong Kong. The biggest thing I learned is that there is a time to be a budget shopper and a time to dig a little deeper in your pocket. Tim, your example is one of those times to dig a little deeper. Amber and Brittany are babes I am sure, but I'll pass. Thats the great thing about being a CASE customer. I still have a little extra money after buying equipment to afford some of the finer things in life.

qps
01-31-2008, 01:29 AM

Hey..wait a minute....if its your most prized possession you should have it under class in your den...above the fire place:cool2:

ksss
01-31-2008, 01:48 AM
Hey..wait a minute....if its your most prized possession you should have it under class in your den...above the fire place:cool2:

Normally you would be correct. However this is Idaho. If I put the hat over the fireplace it would get full of soot from stoking the coal and not to mention the rotating elk on the rotissory would quickly stain it. No Tim it is likely under my wolf skins and beaver pelts. I will be sure to wipe the critters off of it before I send it. I cant have you scratching your head and swipping at the lice while wearing the CASE hat.

qps
01-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Normally you would be correct. However this is Idaho. If I put the hat over the fireplace it would get full of soot from stoking the coal and not to mention the rotating elk on the rotissory would quickly stain it. No Tim it is likely under my wolf skins and beaver pelts. I will be sure to wipe the critters off of it before I send it. I cant have you scratching your head and swipping at the lice while wearing the CASE hat.

Elk medallions...yum....the lice wouldn't have much to grab on to;)...do you have ups or postal service there??? if not just tie it to the leg of one of your carrier pigeons and send it east....:walking:

RockSet N' Grade
01-31-2008, 12:18 PM
Since you're parting with a sacred item, maybe you should include a gift for QPS's significant other.........maybe potatoe ear rings?

qps
01-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Since you're parting with a sacred item, maybe you should include a gift for QPS's significant other.........maybe potatoe ear rings?

The gift that keeps on giving:laugh:

RockSet N' Grade
01-31-2008, 09:48 PM
Couldn't help myself.....this winter thing is killin' me. If anyone wants to know real property easement law, just give me a holler.....I have been reading law books for the last 5 days.....would rather talk about potatoe ear-rings though!