PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

NBurke3652
01-29-2008, 05:21 PM
A car lot dealer came to me today with a 50g tank sprayer for sale for $400.00. He knows that i have a small lawn and landscape business but didnt realize that i dont know much at all about fertilizing other than scotts granule bags. I know it is a great service to offer but have never really got into it. I need some help on gathering some information and guidelines on when to spray and what to spray.

I want to start out with a basic program for about 10 to 15 customers maybe more depending on how many i can sale this service to but 10 -15 are certain.

I also want to know where to buy materials such as soil testers, solutions, and all that comes along with spraying.

rcreech
01-29-2008, 05:36 PM
A car lot dealer came to me today with a 50g tank sprayer for sale for $400.00. He knows that i have a small lawn and landscape business but didnt realize that i dont know much at all about fertilizing other than scotts granule bags. I know it is a great service to offer but have never really got into it. I need some help on gathering some information and guidelines on when to spray and what to spray.

I want to start out with a basic program for about 10 to 15 customers maybe more depending on how many i can sale this service to but 10 -15 are certain.

I also want to know where to buy materials such as soil testers, solutions, and all that comes along with spraying.

With your comments....it sounds to me like you are not licensed!

If that is the case....you need to get a license first and worry about all the rest later!

Victor
01-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Hey Burke. Go to >> http://www.uky.edu/Ag/PAT/newcat.htm

Everything you need to become licensed in Kentucky is right there Buddy. Like Rodney said, that would be your first step. Good luck. :waving:

NBurke3652
01-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks guys. I had originaly planned on getting licensed first but I also wanted to know a little more about what I was getting myself into. I'll just have to take it one step at a time.
Thanks Again

ihateweeds
01-31-2008, 03:15 PM
License aside, $400 is a great deal for a 50gal, age and condition depending of course. Now whether your business is small and growing or on full scale attack mode, get away from the Scotts products. For the size of the bag and coverage you get, it is costing you alot of money! How many apps are doing right now? Do intended to increase your program or stay the same?