PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Safety Switch Problem

mowermankevin
01-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Have an Exmark LHP4420KC S#340921 that dies when the parking brake is released,I saw a post by jkm71381 (are you out there?) on page 26 and I'd like to find out his solution,so far I replaced the brake switch, both relays,bypassed the tilt,seat,left,right control arm switchs,clutch switch,ignition switchs replaced as long as I push the safety button in everything is fine,let off the safety and she dies. The only thing left is what the schematic is calling the seat delay module,located behind the control panel on the bottom left side, I work on a lot of these, but this one has me stumped.

Restrorob
01-29-2008, 07:11 PM
I have only worked on a couple Exmarks but I ran across the same problem middle of last season, I can't remember which wires I jumped to bypass the seat delay module. :hammerhead:

Un-plug the module and test for voltage on both the light blue and tan wires in run and crank positions, If you have no power on either try a jumper lead between these two. If it stays running the module is bad.

mowermankevin
01-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Thank You, Sir !!! I'll give it a wir, and let Y'all know

topsites
01-29-2008, 08:41 PM
If all else fails grab some electrical tape and secure that beotches button down for good LOL

And if it's a normally closed plunger style switch then you could as likely just unhook one of the wires and it might work like that, do tape up the loose end so it doesn't accidentally ground out or spark off.

You would lose the safety feature of the switch, but I'd do it say before going to the nuthouse over it.

mowermankevin
01-30-2008, 10:57 AM
I have only worked on a couple Exmarks but I ran across the same problem middle of last season, I can't remember which wires I jumped to bypass the seat delay module. :hammerhead:

Un-plug the module and test for voltage on both the light blue and tan wires in run and crank positions, If you have no power on either try a jumper lead between these two. If it stays running the module is bad.

Hey Restro, just an update, that fix works, THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Restrorob
01-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Good ! I've got burned in my memory now.....