PDA

View Full Version : The Big Boys Playing In The Dirt VIDEO!!!

mrsops
01-29-2008, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/MISTERSOPS

bobcat_ron
01-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Rookie!!!!

Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! :laugh:

Scag48
01-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Watching that 341 seriously makes me want to cry, I guess I would have hoped she'd run a little faster than that. I will give it the benefit of the doubt that it's running a long stick. What are you guys doing? Looks like a bunch of messing around IMO.

cat2
01-29-2008, 09:46 PM
thats what i was going to say:laugh:

minimax
01-29-2008, 09:49 PM
I could raise my rates after watching that.the 341 is really loose.

minimax

mrsops
01-29-2008, 10:09 PM
yeah that machine has 3500 hrs on it, that macine has seen alot of abuse. they backfilled the trenches the 341 was just diggin some dirt to pile somewhere else with my bobcat.

mrsops
01-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Rookie!!!!

Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! :laugh:

i dont know about all that rookie stuff ron :usflag:

Dirt Digger2
01-29-2008, 10:16 PM
i bet you guys go through a lot of fuel and time doing a job...lol...and what the hell was the loader operator doing?

mrsops
01-29-2008, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=Dirt Digger2;2123605]i bet you guys go through a lot of fuel and time doing a job...lol...and what the hell was the loader operator doing?[/

you think i go through alot of fuel and time doing a job lol you think i would have all this nice equipment if i didnt finish a job on time come on now lol

mrsops
01-29-2008, 10:22 PM
we did 600 linear feet of 6 inch pvc sch 40 pipe in 2 days with 4 guys. thats completed and backfilled with the ground being frozen the first day, i had to break it up with my hammer breaker on my bobcat. nobody could of finished quicker

Dirt Digger2
01-29-2008, 10:26 PM
haha come on now, you know we're not trying to start any pissing matches here...but to say nobody could finish quicker is a stretch...

mrsops
01-29-2008, 10:29 PM
like i said nobody could finish quicker with the same equipment i have maybe if they had a big ex to break through the ground with no problem other then that no way. do you think you could of finished this in 2 days with yourself and 3 other guys in 2 days?

Dirt Digger2
01-29-2008, 10:34 PM
yes...i think i could have finished in 2 days with just one other guy in the ditch...then again i'm digging with a 580 Super M with the 4 stick controls that i absolutely love

mrsops
01-29-2008, 10:37 PM
maybe :usflag:

Gravel Rat
01-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Girls quit the pinching and hair pulling :laugh:

Sunscaper
01-30-2008, 10:19 PM
No fighting on this forum. Leave that for the hardscape forum. That's all they do there. I like it here because everyone is respectful to one another. Hardscape= Catfight..
H.E. = calm, mellow, fun

Sunscaper
01-30-2008, 10:20 PM
P.S. I love how that 330 throws dirt like a red readed step child.

BIGBEN2004
01-30-2008, 10:43 PM
i bet you guys go through a lot of fuel and time doing a job...lol...and what the hell was the loader operator doing?

I must admit that if we filmed ourself's doing work we would probably ask why did I keep going over that spot so many times.:confused: Only the guy in the seat can see up close and feel what needs to be done at the moment to judge how much dirt and how many times to scratch or fill that one particular spot. I have sat and played with a small area for a long time before just to get it perfect.:dizzy: I would not like to see how I look on camera. It is just like when you see a car flooring it from a stop light and it looks slow but if you were in the seat you would be saying wow this thing is fast.

ksss
01-30-2008, 11:48 PM
I think you guys are little hard on him. The video is only like a couple minutes long so hardly reflective of his operating ability is/if he is even on the controls. If any one was to film a selected couple minutes out of any of our jobs I doubt it would look any different. What I am not sure is why film it and post it on Utube at all. It seemed rather insignificant to me. If I were to make any suggestions I guess I would say that with as loose and slow as that excavator is at 3500 hours I would start putting money in the cookie jar for a new machine. I would also suggest not stopping at the BC store for the next excavator.

Construct'O
01-31-2008, 12:15 AM
As mention there was frost in the ground.Enough that he used his hammer to break it up at least for the trenching.

So haven worked with frozen ground it isn't as simple as if the ground wasn't froze.Don't know how much frost,but it doesn't take much to make a misable day out of things.

I just have the old junk dial-up,so wish you guys would quite posting those great video,that i can't see.:rolleyes:

By the way what was the 6"pvc pipe for, drainage ? and what did you connect it into, the storm sewer:confused: 600 ft. would be a pretty good run.How deep was you?:usflag:

ksss
01-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Yea if that was a single run that had to be deep. It must have been several runs.

RockSet N' Grade
01-31-2008, 12:36 AM
Ksss, your comment cracks me up....ever thought of politics?

mrsops
01-31-2008, 12:43 AM
hey guys yeah i just put the video on for fun i kno it was only like a min long first time i ever put a video up there lol it was all for fun. anyhow i had to dig 2' feet down for that pvc pipe and yeah i connected in the storm sewer. it wasnt a straight run i had to go in and out i didnt take any pics of that thou. what can i say guys that my 334 couldnt break the frost i had to bring out the 341 which has alot of time on it but it did the job what your hearing is the bucket is a little loose needs another piece of steal welded inside which i will take care of real soon :usflag:

mrsops
01-31-2008, 12:46 AM
I must admit that if we filmed ourself's doing work we would probably ask why did I keep going over that spot so many times.:confused: Only the guy in the seat can see up close and feel what needs to be done at the moment to judge how much dirt and how many times to scratch or fill that one particular spot. I have sat and played with a small area for a long time before just to get it perfect.:dizzy: I would not like to see how I look on camera. It is just like when you see a car flooring it from a stop light and it looks slow but if you were in the seat you would be saying wow this thing is fast.

thanks ben your 100% right he was going over some of the backfilled spots moving some rocks around, and yes he sure did say that the 330 is fast

Scag48
01-31-2008, 01:38 AM
Don't know about you guys, but I take my operating seriously. :drinkup: I DO have video of me demolishing some trees about 3 years ago in a 312. What's that video worth to anyone?

mrsops
01-31-2008, 01:40 AM
like i said it was for fun i just got the camera wanted to see how it recorded i was just messing around with it next time ill make sure im doing some type of demo so everyone is happy lol

Scag48
01-31-2008, 01:44 AM
For real man, it's all good. Everyone here is yankin' yer chain.

mrsops
01-31-2008, 01:45 AM
im from new york belive me i kno all about it lol thanks guys

ksss
01-31-2008, 01:52 AM
Don't know about you guys, but I take my operating seriously. :drinkup: I DO have video of me demolishing some trees about 3 years ago in a 312. What's that video worth to anyone?

I would hate to see that 312 struggling to pull up 2 inch caliper trees Scag. :clapping: That would be hard even for me watch.

Scag48
01-31-2008, 02:16 AM
I've taken 12"-15" caliper trees with a 312, take's a little more strategy though. A 12 ton machine struggles with a tree that size, the roots are just so darn big and you have to bust the tree at the crotch and break it down into 2 pieces. I could grab 6 or 7 2-3" caliper trees at once, pull them toward me and close the thumb, swing 45 degrees, drop the pile and keep going. I don't have any video or pictures of the gigantic job we did in '06, we had it down to a science. I was doing 4-5 acres a day.