PDA

View Full Version : Repo Skid Steers

AWJ Services
01-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Talked to my salesman today and they are repoing a buch of skids.

They have a TL150 cab/air with 30 hours and 1.5 years left of warranty.

They just sold a similar TL140 for 35k.Less than 100 hours.

The south is getting hit hard.If you are looking for a deal they are coming.

BIGBEN2004
01-29-2008, 10:12 PM
That is happening allot around here also. Back when everything was going good new excavating business's were starting up left and right. The problem was they over bought and went highly into dept and didn't think the market was going to crash like it did. Now they don't have enough work to do to make all the payments and repo men are going crazy now trying to find all the machines. A local company is hiding a 953C and a Deere 310 backhoe from them as we speak. The repo company has already got 3 953C's,
1 310 Deere backhoe, a cat mini excavator, a cat 267 and a 262 skid steers,a Deere 120 track hoe. That is all from one company that is now trying to file bankruptcy but still try to do work if that makes any sense to you all. All that equipment was bought in a 5 year period. Let me just say the owner tried to get too big too quick and it didn't work. Too bad all the equipment has been ran hard and is all junk.

Fieldman12
01-29-2008, 10:37 PM
I got a buddy that recently went to bid a job that someone else had started. While he was there Cat showed up to repo a Cat D6 dozer that the other guy had there. The Cat people told my buddy that all of these guys try to hide this equipment but eventually we find it.

dozerman21
01-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Talked to my salesman today and they are repoing a buch of skids.

They have a TL150 cab/air with 30 hours and 1.5 years left of warranty.

They just sold a similar TL140 for 35k.Less than 100 hours.

The south is getting hit hard.If you are looking for a deal they are coming.

That TL150 is very cheap compared to new around here. Are they passing those prices of what is owed onto you or whoever is interested, or have they kicked the price up already?

AWJ Services
01-29-2008, 11:21 PM
The price is negotiable with the bank.
The sell is not commisioned based.
The bank names the price and you negotiate with the bank.
My salesmans company will get a fee at the end of the sale from the bank.

My sales guy is a straight shooter.
That TL 150 is 6 months old.
The construction industry stopped here at the end of the summer.
I hope to get me a sweet Excavator before the summer at a great price.

RipT
01-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Sad but true......there will be a lot more of this in the coming months/year. Hope it does not happen to anyone here.

Good deals for those looking to replace older equip at little or no extra cost (and with an almost new warantee to boot !!).

Good Luck ! !

tallrick
01-30-2008, 02:09 AM
Locally I have noticed that even older skid steers are comming down in price. There are several very tempting project machines for sale at prices I thought I would never see.

BIGBEN2004
01-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Around my area a used skid steer is always over price and look like they went though WWIII. It is just amazing how some people can destroy a nice piece of equipment but then again if they don't have to pay for it they don't care most of the time. Even when I worked for some one my machine always looked better then any other on the job site and I still got my work done faster and more efficient.

jester757
02-14-2008, 04:46 PM
The price is negotiable with the bank.
The sell is not commisioned based.
The bank names the price and you negotiate with the bank.
My salesmans company will get a fee at the end of the sale from the bank.

My sales guy is a straight shooter.
That TL 150 is 6 months old.
The construction industry stopped here at the end of the summer.
I hope to get me a sweet Excavator before the summer at a great price.

Hey

I am also in GA. Any chance you could put me in contact with yours sales guy?

Thanks.

Here is my email

cfb2dal@numail.org

country961
02-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Looking for a low hour Case 580 or John Deere 310 loader/hoe. Must be a 4x4 with cab, low hours and in good tight condition. Will pay up to $25,000.00 certified check.
Also looking for clean low hour farm tractors in the 50-100 hp range. Must have a manual transmission and prefer 4x4 and attached loader. Cab a plus.
Equipment must have a bill of sale and proof of ownership with no leans, or leans payed off as part of the deal.
e-mail: country961@yahoo.com

Junior M
02-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Dont know how I missed this thread.. ;)

Bobcat here has got loads of repo's and machines that went back, when we last saw our rental guy he has been put on duty to go get all these machines, he said he had 30 or 40 sitting around back that they couldnt do a thing with, he said the bank ends up coming to get most, the one he had on the trailer was a 2005 T190 fully loaded ACS controls, said the guy bought it new and just doesnt have the work for it so has to let it go back, if I could get on a deal like that where I take over somebody elses payments, it'd help us both out..

YellowDogSVC
02-08-2009, 04:54 PM
I hope things pick up all over. I don't like seeing this happen to working people.

Can I insert a political comment here? Okay. I will anyway!

The stimulus plan that is being proposed and will probably pass in form similar to what is being proposed is nothing more than "liberals gone wild" and there isn't anything of value that will help us get back on the right track. The first round that went through under Bush in October hasn't been tracked or accounted for and is basically a failure. This broader, more "spendulous" bill rewards Obama supporters, greenies, rich colleges and universities that rarely part with their dough, and failed automobile manufacturers that can't compete because their workers are overpaid.
..and that's just the beginning of the list. There is no real relief coming anytime soon. Yes, we will work through this, America always does and we will pull those around us up with us, but it will be a burden on our children's children if spending isn't reigned in. I am not sure how many of you go on a spending spree when times are tight but I learned froma BS in Business that when times are tough you reign in the spending.. The US government isn't seeing the big picture. You don't have to spend a dime to lower taxes or provide relief from capital gains. If you cut spending, the money you do have goes further. A side note, if relief was provided through tax incentives and stimulus (spending) was spent in the right places, those who build this country (you and I) would have more work. That keeps our vendor's working, our employees working, and we provide real, tangible services that have value (highway projects and such can really get things going on local levels).

Instead of spending money where it needs to go, Hollywood will get a bail out along with the National Endowment for the Arts. Not sure how that will help the overall economy but hey, our new President MUST know what he is doing, right?

We all need to have our voices heard. I'm all for helping out my fellow man but when I see people get $4k back for earned income credits (which they didn't earn) and I have to pay taxes so it can be redistributed knowing all the while that I work hard and made hard choices and sacrifices to get where I am now, it pisses me off. I also get pissed when I read about all the pork-laden provisions of the bill that is before the Senate right now. What happened to doing the right thing for the country and not just for your lobbyists?
Sorry for the rant but someone has to keep pointing this stuff out or every sales guy is going to have to go home and tell his family he doesn't have a job because the economy is going to stall and unless you are on welfare, you won't have a guaranteed source of income. Our leaders in Congress, with few exceptions, are not representing the people. Instead, they are doing what they need to do to ensure another generation of dependents that will continue to re-elect the same bozos year after year after year.

ARP
02-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Well said Yellow. I am sure many around here share the same opinion as you...:usflag:

ksss
02-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Well said Yellow. I am sure many around here share the same opinion as you...:usflag:

I totally agree. If they want to hand a stimulous package. Give everyone that filed income taxes last year 150K. Tell me that wouldn't spur the economy. It would be cheaper and more effective than anything we have seen come out of DC.

RockSet N' Grade
02-08-2009, 08:03 PM
YellowDog.........I keep looking for something in their package that addresses the independent business man that has no chance of unemployment, provides his own insurance and life raft and is the real backbone of the American system/economy. What I see is nothing/nada/zippo! Somebody tell me I'm wrong.....

RockSet N' Grade
02-08-2009, 08:04 PM
note to self.........better file income tax returns for last 30 years in case Ksss is on track.....

Southernlandscape343
02-08-2009, 08:07 PM
I've actually been thinking about this.. People arn't paying their car payments along with equipment payments. I wonder what kind of $ a repo agent makes. Could be something to do during the winter.

stuvecorp
02-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I totally agree. If they want to hand a stimulous package. Give everyone that filed income taxes last year 150K. Tell me that wouldn't spur the economy. It would be cheaper and more effective than anything we have seen come out of DC.

I vote for that, make it so you have to spend it this year.

JDSKIDSTEER
02-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Well said Yellow.* I am sure many around here share the same opinion as you...:usflag:Me too Yellow. Idiots running this country.Both sides of the isle.:hammerhead:

ksss
02-08-2009, 08:40 PM
I've actually been thinking about this.. People arn't paying their car payments along with equipment payments. I wonder what kind of $ a repo agent makes. Could be something to do during the winter.

Probably not enough to warrant getting shot over. As these guys watch years of hard work getting repoed, I think we are going to see some go over the edge.

There were two suicides this Winter by contractors that I know of. One a concrete guy, the other a landscaper........way deep in debt.

Mowingman
02-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Yellowdog,
Lets start a movement to get Texas to pull out of the Union. You know, Texas reserved the right to suceed from the Union when it became a state. It might be pretty close to the right time to do that.
We are lucky to live in Texas

YellowDogSVC
02-09-2009, 08:29 AM
YellowDog.........I keep looking for something in their package that addresses the independent business man that has no chance of unemployment, provides his own insurance and life raft and is the real backbone of the American system/economy. What I see is nothing/nada/zippo! Somebody tell me I'm wrong.....

you aren't wrong. It's a payback package for people that supported Obama and the leftist agenda. I am not making a partisan comment either. It is simply a give away. It isn't the "new deal" yet it smells like one. I mean there was money in there from NASA to the arts endowment fund to give aways for wealthy colleges (has anyone read how much cash Harvard university has in it's coffers?)

N

YellowDogSVC
02-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Yellowdog,
Lets start a movement to get Texas to pull out of the Union. You know, Texas reserved the right to suceed from the Union when it became a state. It might be pretty close to the right time to do that.
We are lucky to live in Texas

It's funny you mention that. If you ever listen to Glenn Beck (who has been predicting the mess we are in for a couple of years now) he believes that Texas will play a key role in the next few years. He isn't sure what is going on but he says he can feel the seeds of discontent when he visits. I think it is going to be the mad rush of Mexicans across the border when Mexico falls to the drug lords once and for all. That will be the catalyst that sends us into a tailspin until a local leader steps up and does something about our border and all the crime associated with it not to mention the abuse of the welfare system, emergency rooms, etc. Have you ever tried to use the ER in S. Texas? It's a virtual free clinic!

YellowDogSVC
02-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Probably not enough to warrant getting shot over. As these guys watch years of hard work getting repoed, I think we are going to see some go over the edge.

There were two suicides this Winter by contractors that I know of. One a concrete guy, the other a landscaper........way deep in debt.

well put KSSS

Terraformer
02-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Hey YellowDog - You really didn't hijack this thread. Business failures and repo'd equipment are all closely related to what's happening with our economy. Moreover, I believe you stated what many on this site are thinking.

I for one have been relentless in emailing and calling my Senators and Congresswoman about the "Stimulus Bill" and questionable cabinet appointments. The contents of my emails are curtious and professional, but I make my displeasure very clear.

I have been encougaging everyone I know, of voting age, to contact all of their representatives in Congress to let them know how they feel about legislation and appointments they are voting on. These elected officials need to be constantly reminded that they work for us and should vote accordingly.

Votum Gardens LLC
02-09-2009, 01:26 PM
You know I was willing to give Obama a chance, that is until he brought in the governor of the only state to be in a depression longer than Bush was in office as an economic advisor. Still waiting to be blowed away Jenny. But then you're too busy trying to destroy the one bright spot in Michigan economy: Agriculture. So I geuss I'll keep on waiting.

Of course, helping the manufacturers keep their heads above water ain't going to do a bit of good when the banks aren't lending so you can buy the goods that are being produced.

YellowDogSVC
02-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Hey YellowDog - You really didn't hijack this thread. Business failures and repo'd equipment are all closely related to what's happening with our economy. Moreover, I believe you stated what many on this site are thinking.

I for one have been relentless in emailing and calling my Senators and Congresswoman about the "Stimulus Bill" and questionable cabinet appointments. The contents of my emails are curtious and professional, but I make my displeasure very clear.

I have been encougaging everyone I know, of voting age, to contact all of their representatives in Congress to let them know how they feel about legislation and appointments they are voting on. These elected officials need to be constantly reminded that they work for us and should vote accordingly.

I had been emailing and faxing but gave up when the original stimulus bill got passed without any strings. The public overwhelmingly objected to it and Bush and his people did it anyway. No representation!

Right now, at least as of this morning, Senator Arlen Specter from PA admitted that his constituents have asked him not to sign on to the current plan but he is going to do it anyway. I listened to him try and justify his position in an interview this morning and I was just frustrated. It makes no real sense to have so much pork attached to a stimulus (back to work bill). Geez! They just don't get it.:hammerhead:

Terraformer
02-10-2009, 11:24 AM
If you don't like what Congress is doing with the "Stimulus Bill" you can express yourself easily and quickly using the link below.

http://nostimulus.com