PDA

View Full Version : HPS and Gregson Clark Set-up?

GreenHor7
01-30-2008, 09:21 AM
What do you guys think about the HPS with a Gregson Clark drop-in sprayer for somene who is treating 1 million per round and looking at 1.5 million this year per round. I am not too sure if i want to make that big investment of a permagreen. This set-up is about 2500 dollars less. I am looking for some feed-back.

sclawndr
01-30-2008, 10:22 AM
That setup will work okay but it obviously takes two passes on each yard - one to throw fert and one to spray. Guess it depends on where you're going with your business. If you're serious about weed and feed, get the right equipment now. If you're not going to get much bigger, then you're good with this. A Permagreen or Zspray only ends up costing about $10 a day over a five year life.

RigglePLC
01-30-2008, 11:53 AM
SC lawn is correct. And how big are your lawns. A skid sprayer and spreader are best for anything under 10,000 square feet. And also for anything with a lot of flowers or gates or narrow areas. Also for steep slopes. Easier to transport also.

An HPS with a Gregson Clark ...or...25 gallon tank and electric pump and a folding boom or boomless nozzle set up is ideal for big lawns. But if you saved 10 minutes on only 3 lawns per day, you only saved yourself 30 minutes (about 30 dollars if you pay yourself a dollar a minute.)