PDA

View Full Version : Press Releases

NightLightingFX
01-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Do any of you guys use press releases on a regular basis to help promote your business? How do you go about sending out press releases?
~Ned

NightScenes
01-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Yes Ned we send out press releases every few months. This keeps you in front of the public and it's very cost effective. There was a round table on the subject at conference in 2006. Try www.maximizeyourpublicity.com .

NightLightingFX
01-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Paul,
Do you use the services of the website you posted or do you send out press releases yourself? I will contact that lady on the website you posted tommorrow. Thanks
~Ned

NightScenes
01-30-2008, 09:53 PM
We use the format provided by this company but we send out our own releases and they get printed pretty often or we'll be contacted for an interview.

steveparrott
01-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Consider www.prweb.com you can post for free or you can throw in a few extra bucks for greater distribution. It's a great service and easy to use.

Smaller companies don't often make use of press releases but they serve several purposes.

1. They create links on multiple websites that are indexed by the search engines and end up driving people to your website. Also, just having those links out there helps bring you to the top of search engines.

2. You can post press releases on your website. This lends authenticity and professionalism to your company. Also, when you post each press release, you include a link back to prweb.com; linking in this way raises your search ratings. Also, the text in the press releases is indexed by the search engines and can lead to better ratings.

Press releases don't need to be major news items, they can be new hires, the purchase of new equipment, announcements about your trade show exhibits, new partnerships, announcing that your sales doubled last year, attendance at seminars, use your imagination.

NightLightingFX
01-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks Steve and Paul, great info
~Ned

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-31-2008, 12:37 PM
I use press releases on a regular basis. I write and distribute these here in-house to all of the local and regional media outlets. At first they were not very effective, until I learned how to get the media's ear. Now they are very effective and usually get picked up as news items by about 50% of the outlets I contact.

Be sure you are reporting something newsworthy... Hiring a new employee, buying a new rig, or switching manufacturers is hardly newsworthy. Installing Dark Sky Friendly lighting systems is.

Regards.

NightLightingFX
01-31-2008, 02:03 PM
Just so I understand what is involved in a press release. 1) Have a newsworthy topic. 2) Contact all the local media venues. 3) Do I need to write a story myself or will the media venues write their own story? Is there anything else involved?
~Ned

NightScenes
01-31-2008, 06:01 PM
You will have to write your own press release Ned. If the media outlet then wants to conduct an interview, you will need to make yourself available. Make the press release short and sweet but make sure it grabs their attention.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-31-2008, 08:08 PM
There is some form to a good press release. It is pretty important to follow the form if you want it to be read and picked up. Do some online research into this and you should be able to learn all you need.

Regards.

JoeyD
02-01-2008, 11:24 AM
I always get the CAST and Nite Lites franchise press releases. I get a Nite Lites relase like once a week! I read them!! I think they are both through PRWEB.