PDA

View Full Version : Alright

Scag48
01-31-2008, 02:21 AM
Since we're sharing videos, here's one of myself from last summer. Don't mind the 12" bucket, I was merely finishing some small conduit trenches when I decided to backfill this one. The 24" was all the way across the site, would've taken me longer to walk over and get it than it would have for me to finish the trench. There is more of this video, I edited quite a bit of it though. Late in the day, boss had gone home, basically just some screwing around off the clock with the camera, which was duct taped to my hard hat might I add. Hope everyone likes Mr. Mister, rockin' good tune. :waving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33O_n6OjAN0

BIGBEN2004
01-31-2008, 09:19 AM
Just curios how come you didn't use the blade to backfill? Also how you like the Yanmar mini? I looked at them and they look pretty nice. I know the engine is good since Yanmar makes a good Diesel engine.

RockSet N' Grade
01-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Another fine use of the multipurpose unit called Duct Tape.....

bobcat_ron
01-31-2008, 12:27 PM
I can't comment much on the choice of music, not sure what to say.

But is that cab of any larger than anyone else's cabs?

Scag48
01-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Yanmar mini's are pretty decent machines, I don't really have any complaints. This machine is my buddy's machine, he bought it new last summer. Doesn't have A/C, he didn't want spend another $3K or whatever it was to add it on. The good news is that it can be added on pretty easy if he ever decides he wants A/C someday. In tough conditions I wish the 55 had more crowd force. I've run the 55-5, 45-5, and 35-5. Cabs are small, typical of any zero tail machine. I don't like to keep the door and window both closed, it's either one or the other.

As far as using the blade vs. the bucket, we covered the conduit with sand so not all of that fill is going to go back into that trench without compacting and I didn't want a huge compaction lift. In that spot, I didn't have a whole lot of room to selectively choose the amount of fill I push into the trench. I actually overfilled one spot that I ended up having to knock down a little the next day before I hammered on it. I hoepacked what I backfilled in the video the next day, then I bladed the remaining material to finish it off.

PAPS Landscape Design
01-31-2008, 03:45 PM
solid tune....

Canon Landscaping
01-31-2008, 05:34 PM
where are the pics of the 312 and 277

GreenMonster
01-31-2008, 06:00 PM
OMG! nice music selection, lol!

Can you say 80's flashback?

what song is that anyhow?

Scag48
01-31-2008, 10:06 PM
Mr. Mister - Kyrie

hosejockey2002
01-31-2008, 10:18 PM
Hope everyone likes Mr. Mister, rockin' good tune.

So, how old were you when that tune came out?:laugh: (1985) Can't blame you for liking it, most of today's music sucks so bad that there's not much else to listen to. My 14 year old really likes classic rock, he probably knows more about it than most 40 year olds. (like me):headphones:

mrsops
01-31-2008, 10:20 PM
hey scag how much is a 307 excavator

GreenMonster
01-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Mr. Mister - Kyrie

Mr. Mister, LMAO.

I was listening to mp3's on my computer, then I clicked on your movie and I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

Strange choice indeed!

Scag48
01-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Glad you guys liked the video, I figured a curve ball music choice would raise some eyebrows. Boy was I right! I don't listen to too much new music, it's all crap. Zeppelin, Queen, Stones, all sorts of 80's stuff, REO, Dire Straits, Scorpions, all that stuff.

mrsops - 307's out here equipped with thumbs and the "PNW Package" are right around $100K I believe, but don't quote me on that, I've never priced out a 307 and don't know anyone that has, they are not a popular size around here.

mrsops
01-31-2008, 10:27 PM
wow ok forget it lol

Construct'O
01-31-2008, 10:27 PM
Scag,not sure where you posted it ,but will put this on here.

Is it true that your not suppose to have a busniess and belong to the union:confused:

I never thought or hear that before,not that it would affect me,but might someone else later down the road.

It is because of conflict of interest or what? Just wondering.:usflag:

Scag48
01-31-2008, 10:33 PM
I might be incorrect about the union and business thing, I'm actually not sure how that works. I figured conflict of interest as well. Maybe you could set up the business as an incorporation and pay yourself union wages. I just figured the union probably wouldn't be too happy if they found out you were running a side show business as union operator. You know Dwan Hall on HEF has been in the 302 for like 25 years or something and he runs his own show, I might get in touch with him and see if he knows. The 302 represents Alaska as well, same hall as mine.

mrsops
01-31-2008, 10:39 PM
i know the union does not want to see you running your machines on a non union job that should be union if you know what i mean they get pissed with that stuff

Scag48
01-31-2008, 10:43 PM
That would make sense, but a one man show or even an owner with a helper would not be a candidate for union. I'll have to do some researching, I'd like to buy a skidsteer within a year and hire myself out if I can. I don't know why, but I feel like I have to push myself into doing way more than I should. You'd think the 40 hours a week of running big iron would be enough, but for some reason I feel like I have to hold 2 jobs all the time and take no days off.

Construct'O
01-31-2008, 11:19 PM
I think today you will have into more then just one thing. More then you think possible ? to get ahead.Just not enough bucks in just wage earning jobs.Altho the bennifits ,like health insurance is somehting now days that is hard to afford as self employed goes.

I think it would be a good idea ,just depends on where your working and so fore.If your going to be moving all over the place following the work will make it hard to manage your time and effect affectively.

I traveled a lot in the early years,not bad when younger(except rain days and not being able to work and several hundred miles from home and family).Then got married and family so needed to be closer to home, that is when i started my busniess.

With that said.I have my construction bus,farms that i mustly cash rent out because of needing more equipment and the time factor like i was saying.

Plus i have moooooooooo cows? which can sure be a pain sometimes.When your busy working and someone calls and tells you there out in the pssssssssd neighbors garden,not good !!!!!!!!!:hammerhead::usflag:

RockSet N' Grade
01-31-2008, 11:32 PM
Constructo.......dairy like milkin' moo-cows or beef? If its dairy (and as I remember, they are) that is more than a full time job in itself. Scag, take some of that excess energy and apply it to the female type units in your area........there's always more work to be done.....shoot, there I go thinking of my misspent youth again :)

Scag48
01-31-2008, 11:39 PM
I have 2 pounding my door down right now, it just gets irritating you know? Always calling me, both of them, but neither of them are really my style for anything serious. Maybe some sheet ruffling may be in order, but then the calling still continues as they think you want to wine and dine them all the time and turn it into a serious relationship. I'm not down for that, I have other things to be doing. I've been spending a lot of time at the gun range lately, spun some brodies in the truck a few nights ago, all sorts of crazy redneck stuff that I still end up doing even though I'm stuck in the city.

Construct'O
01-31-2008, 11:43 PM
Scag just remember when it comes to women ,pay backs are he!!

My moooooo's are like women,their never happy.Woman thing !!!!!! you know.:rolleyes:

Except mine are the four legged kind!!!!

Like it has been said before " If it has tracks,tires, or tets" it's trouble:cry::usflag:

talus
02-01-2008, 01:28 AM
If they are dairy it must be a lot of work. The wife has horses. A Belgian and a quarter horse. The Belgian is like a giant golden retriever. The other one is quarter horse, three quarters pain in the ass. Thank you thank you very much I'll be here all week.

Construct'O
02-01-2008, 04:44 AM
Sorry the thread turned into old Mc Donalds farm,but hopefully there is sometime to be learned here!!!!!!!!:weightlifter::usflag:

bobcatexc
02-01-2008, 08:05 AM
As far as being in the union and owning you own company, around here you can do two different things. You can carry a owner/operator card which intitles you to paying all the dues and membership and you can work on a union site, but don't receive any benefits (insurance, pension). Or you can have a regular membership but you or your company will have to pay the extra cost per hour that you work into the union. And of coarse they will want anybody you hire that operators to belong also. They really don't care as long as they get your money one way or another!

Fieldman12
02-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Liked the video Scag48. Be sure to post more sometime.

Scag48
02-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Glad you liked it, next time I'm on a piece I'll definately score more video. I'm dying though, it's been over 2 months since I've been on any iron.

I'm surprised I didn't get any bashing on my vid, I was expecting to get all sorts of flak.

Dirt Digger2
02-01-2008, 10:23 PM
take some of that excess energy and apply it to the female type units in your area
you know...i have found truth in the Trace Adkins song "ladies love country boys"...i dont even have to put energy into finding them anymore...maybe thats why they call me Rambo at work

Scag there wasn't a whole lot to critique, except i want to know how you held the camera and ran the sticks...i have tried, it never works