PDA

View Full Version : Price this Trailer.

SchultzLawnCare
01-31-2008, 06:49 PM
How much would you pay for this trailer. Its at an auction near me. I wil be needing to use it to put ZTRs on it.

http://amiauction.com/images/items/272a.jpg

Dstosh
01-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Maybe a grand or so. With an auction, its one of those things you have to go to. Might go high, might go low. Dont you think that it might be tough to get z's on? It looks like just a basic car hauler.

B&M
01-31-2008, 09:37 PM
around here $1100.00

grass_cuttin_fool
01-31-2008, 09:52 PM
it doesnt have a side rail on it....which there is no rule that says it has too....I figure it will bring 1500-1800....hard to say really but trailers generally bring good money

wayne

retrodog
01-31-2008, 11:58 PM
I bought one very similiar for $1000. Strap your mowers down good with about 4 straps each though...don't ask why I said that..lol

SchultzLawnCare
02-01-2008, 05:56 PM
I bought one very similiar for $1000. Strap your mowers down good with about 4 straps each though...don't ask why I said that..lol

hah, i take it you might have learned the hard way :]

YardBoss Lawncare
02-01-2008, 06:08 PM
$1500 is going to be my guess. If you buy it, get some 3/16 angle iron and weld you on some uprights then slap a piece across the top of them running long ways down the length of the trailer, then get some expanded metal ($48 per 4'x8' sheet) and close her in. Or you could just go buy a new landscape trailer that comes with all the goodies for about 2 grand. Either way would work.

02-02-2008, 03:04 AM
That is way overkill for ZTR's. Why ruin your gas milage?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
02-02-2008, 03:15 AM
That is way overkill for ZTR's. Why ruin your gas milage?

That trailer won't hurt his mpg's. There's no gate on the back and that is what makes a trailer hard to pull. This is basically a car hauler trailer probably 7K GVW, in my area new they go for $1500 NEW w/ wood floor (that metal floor looks pretty slippery)

YardBoss Lawncare
02-02-2008, 03:22 AM
I've got a 07' Dodge heavy duty 3/4 ton with a 5.9 Cummins with mud grips all the way around. It's not chipped and has the stock muffler on with 4" exhaust. I get 19 on the Interstate not pulling anything, with just me and the wife in it, not tools, boxes, etc... When I pull my 16' landscape trailer that you see in the picture there with 2 ZTRs and all my equipment I get about 12 and 13 mpg.

02-02-2008, 03:24 AM
It weighs more then a comparable utility trailer. more weight takes more fuel everytime you accelerate. Especially in stop and go.

This is a link for the best trailer prices in MN. #9 is a comparable trailer to this one. http://sparkstrailers.com/currentads.aspx

YardBoss Lawncare
02-02-2008, 03:24 AM
Me personally, I like the expanded metal sides. I've owned a few of these and also a few open utility trailers. I also had a 20' car hauler (18' plus 2' dovetail) when I first started. I like the mesh side trailers out of all. But thats just me.

man of stihl
02-02-2008, 10:42 AM
why isnt it chipped? get a smarty programmer, some injectors, an intake. you already have the exhaust. your stock tranny shouldnt have a problem with that if you keep your foot out of it.

i know alot of guys that do that and its fine.

you could always go with a tst racing box. twin turbos, full billet ats tranny..... and so on buy who needs that:confused:

lance

supercuts
02-02-2008, 10:54 AM
why isnt it chipped? get a smarty programmer, some injectors, an intake. you already have the exhaust. your stock tranny shouldnt have a problem with that if you keep your foot out of it.

i know alot of guys that do that and its fine.

you could always go with a tst racing box. twin turbos, full billet ats tranny..... and so on buy who needs that:confused:
lance

wasnt this thread about how much a trailer was worth? at least $1K in my eyes if that helps. as far as this last comment, why not just empty his bank account for him. clearly if he had alot of money to waste, he wouldnt be wasting his time at an auction looking at used trailers, he'd be out wasting his money on a new trailer. why does it seem so many(especially 16year olds) want to hop up their trucks, mine are for work. you want to go fast, buy a mustang, motorcycle or a boat.

YardBoss Lawncare
02-02-2008, 01:12 PM
I havent chipped it because I bought it brand new in March of 07' and it's only got 56K on it. I dont want to void the warranty. Although alot of guys chip when they tow alot in order to gain mileage. Hot shots and cattle men who are always pulling stock trailers. They do it for the mileage purposes, not the high school kid reasons. I havent done it because of the warranty reasons.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
02-02-2008, 01:17 PM
How the hell do you put 56K miles on in less then a year?

Landrus2
02-02-2008, 01:23 PM
This trailer if the picture is up dated $1000 is a good deal.:drinkup:

YardBoss Lawncare
02-02-2008, 11:01 PM
I mow 30 miles away from where I live and run to OKC and Wichita all the time. I know, its ridiculous to rack that many up, but I just do. I trade every few years so its no biggie. I buy em to drive em. Thats my theory.

YardBoss Lawncare
02-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Here it is guys

AceFinish
02-04-2008, 10:00 AM
How much would you pay for this trailer. Its at an auction near me. I wil be needing to use it to put ZTRs on it.

http://amiauction.com/images/items/272a.jpg
1500 max in my area

skurkp
02-04-2008, 05:25 PM
If you are short on cash maybe, but by the time you put sides, a cage and a gate (ramp) you will have spent more than you could just go down and buy landscape trailer. If you can get it for a good price ok, but I would not pay 1000 for it. Look around and buy something that is going to be practical.

3years ago I purchased a flatbed 6.4 x 12 w/ 1foot tube railing for sides, put on a gate, cage box (for blowers, trimmers, etc.) brakes, line trimmer racks and ended up having more in the trailer than I could sell it for and I could have purchased a full landscape trailer the same size for less or the same.

Good Luck.