PDA

View Full Version : secureing mowers to trailers

Mummert's Mowing
01-31-2008, 07:46 PM
What is the best way to secure zero turns to enclosed trailers and what size trailer would be best for a 50" z-turn with bagging system, a 48"walkbehind and two 21'' mowers.

ajordan193
01-31-2008, 08:38 PM
I use prolockers to secure my ztr and it doesn't move at all and still allows you to use your floor when you don't carry mowers. I'd buy either an 16 or 18 foot enclosed trailer that way you can keep the two 21 mower up front still have room for a work bench and the two mowers behind them. Someone else will come along and give you more info, good luck.

BentleyOutdoors
01-31-2008, 11:45 PM
Prolocker all the way. I used the straps for about 3 week and hated them, remember you get what you pay for.:usflag:

retrodog
01-31-2008, 11:52 PM
very carefully, or you'll end up like me...lol http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=13339&page=32

P.Services
01-31-2008, 11:57 PM
very carefully, or you'll end up like me...lol http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=13339&page=32

so how come it came off the trailer in the first place? was it in a enclosed or open?

retrodog
02-01-2008, 12:02 AM
I was hauling it on a car hauler...I had one strap on the front and one on the back...needless to say the one in the front must have come lose, and then the back one was useless. Just sold the car hauler, got a big enclosed, and just ordered a 20ft full blown landscape trailer with every option they had. I didn't really have the money due to winter, but I really didn't have the money to have another mower fall off the trailer either..lol. Expecially now since I started selling mowers and delivering them for people.

KS_Grasscutter
02-01-2008, 12:16 AM
I follow the law when I secure my mowers.... that being the law of gravity. If the trailer is right side up, my mowers will sit on it, with boards on the floor to keep them from rolling around. Should the trailer be upside down, well, I got bigger problems then a couple mowers being upside down on the road...

wahlturfcare
02-01-2008, 02:16 PM
i had prolocker and think they are junk. The mowers would bounce sideways alot and sometimes would come out of the holder. also, i move equipment around on the trailer and it is a pain to move it around all the time. I ended up throwing them away.

Matt TrailerRacks.com
02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Hello be sure to check out our Fastrap Tie Down system

http://www.trailerracks.com/fastrap.html

Secure anything with wheels to trailer decks, in seconds! The Fastrap features an adjustable heavy duty 2" strap to secure equipment with wheels ranging from 8" to 27" in diameter. The fastrap is the perfect device to use with your walk behind mower, ZTR Mower, or ATV/Four wheeler. The Fastrap is rated at 800lbs per strap and it is recommended that two straps be used for each peice of equipment you are securing. REMEMBER PROPERLY SECURING EQUIPMENT IS THE LAW.

Lawnsite customers get 10% Off!! Remember to use coupon code lawnsite1 when you check out!

stuffdeer
02-01-2008, 10:41 PM
I follow the law when I secure my mowers.... that being the law of gravity. If the trailer is right side up, my mowers will sit on it, with boards on the floor to keep them from rolling around. Should the trailer be upside down, well, I got bigger problems then a couple mowers being upside down on the road...

You would get ticketed in Michigan for only doing that.

Everything in your trailer must be strapped down, regardless of "The law of Gravity"

topsites
02-02-2008, 11:29 AM

Same here, I just set the parking brake and go, but I always drive nice and easy and my trailer has 2 foot high solid steel sides.

Angel Garcia
02-02-2008, 01:52 PM
I do the same, I put 2 removable bars in the floor and go!!!!C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Pictures\fotos 2008\2008-02 (Feb)

Angel Garcia
02-02-2008, 04:48 PM
some of my pics of my set up

KS_Grasscutter
02-02-2008, 04:53 PM
some of my pics of my set up

Thats about how we do it here, except we dont even use the fancy brackets for the 2x4s, just screw 'em to the floor.

Angel Garcia
02-03-2008, 07:21 PM
I have to put brackets, because I load the trailer with leafs during the fall, and in order to take everything easy I need a flat floor so, I have to take the 2x4, with the brackets I just pull them out in no time.

packey
02-03-2008, 09:02 PM
I have always been fond of Drings and heavy ratchet straps. I have never had a problem with a mower moving. and when you want to use trailer for other things the d rings are flush to the wood deck. One day I might invest in E track but the d rings work great for now

Andyinchville
02-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Parking brakes only....seems to work but securing would be good precaution if one is concerned with accidents (one of my pickups was in an accident....unsecured 48" Exmark TT HP in the bed....bed / cab and seat was pushed so that there was only about 6 inches
between the front of the seat and the steering wheel.....driver lived....got lucky....door buckled outward and he was in the "pocket" formed by the v shaped door, steering wheel and seat....Wow)
Andrew

zappalawn
02-07-2008, 12:53 AM
in Pittsburgh they have trailer checks. they stop you make sure the trailer is hooked up right all lights are working make sure you have triangles or flairs and everything on it is strapped down.

phil5
01-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Prolockers!!!!

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=4266122#post4266122

ProLockers Trailer Wheel Lock Down System Lawnmowers ATV’S Landscapers look!

Check me out on Ebay, user pcb1303 Ebay item# 230378274152 I have been selling Prolockers for years and 100% feedback!!! I am a paid sponsor of this site and I may terminate my sponsorship at any given time, so make sure you write down my contact information as I will be selling the original left over stock of Prolockers for years to come.

Here is the story, I bought up ALL of the “Original Prolockers made from 2002 to 2007” with extra parts (yes, the pins) a few years back shortly after ProEquipment (Prolockers.com) the founder went bankrupt. These units are VERY popular as I have sold hundreds of them in a short time and hundreds more on hand so keep my phone number I will be around for a long time! I have sold these on Lawnsite for about a year, but now I am back in full force and I want to personally thank all of you who have purchased the Prolockers from me in the past with hopes of many more new customers, tell all of you friends. Please post reply’s to my add here and tell everyone of your experience with the purchase of a Prolocker from me, GOODJ or BadL!

New in the box left over original stock, never used or opened.

LOWEST PRICE YOU WILL EVER FIND!!

ProLockers Features:
· Heavy Duty steel construction
· Powder-coated finish
· All hardware and instructions included
· Installs in 20 minutes or less
· Only one ProLockers needed per piece of equipment up to 1,500 lbs.
· Secures equipment and prevents damage
· Mounts to left or right side of equipment
· Comes complete with mounting brackets and hardware.
· Optional Padlock For Theft Prevention
· Easy 1 Pin Removal From Trailer Deck
· Eliminate Chains, Straps, and Tie-Downs
· The most important one of all, Exceeds DOT Requirements 393.100 and 393.102 (try finding this on the new reproduction ones made from overseas)!!!

Below are the models and their capacity. Please use the tire size for your application as listed below to help you determine the unit that will best match your needs.

MODEL #PE-WL 325
12 1/2" to 16" Tire Height
7 1/8" Tire Width
Fits most zero turn mowers, lawn/garden tractors, and
some snow blowers, stump grinders, and golf carts
List Price: $169.95
Our Price: $60.00 each OR 2 for $100.00 (spring special).

MODEL #PE-WL 425
20” to 26” Tire Height
11 1/8” Tire Width
Fits most ATVs, Utility Vehicles, and some large golf carts
List Price: $249.95
Our Price: $125.00

I also have many extra sets of pins; they are sold in a set of 2 (one fixed and one operational) for the cost $17.95 with free shipping.

SHIPPING USA only, flat rate of $15.00 for each Prolocker.

PAYMENT, PayPal, Bank Check or Postal Money order ONLY.

I have several hundred of the ORIGINAL STOCK ProLockers, “MADE IN THE USA” and not the ones made overseas that you would pay $129.99 for. I will ship FedEx ground all insured from FedEx for $100.00 per box (no PO boxes PLEASE), I also ship truck freight and I offer high volume discount buying. Contact me for more information. SCAMERS NEED NOT TO APPLY, WE ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

Phil 715-551-2215 (cell)
Wausau, WI 54401