PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Grasshopper mower

Johnson LCO
02-01-2008, 12:20 AM
I am looking for a grasshopper mower. I will consider any diesel model or a low hour gas front mount. I will not consider any gas mower with less than 23 HP. I am looking to spend under $7k but I will not consider anything that is older than 2000. I live in DE but will drive up to 12 hours for a good price. If you live in the southeast I might drive further. If you know anyone selling or have one yourself post on here or PM me. Thanks

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
02-01-2008, 12:38 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=212985

Here's a good deal on one. It's only got a 20 hp motor but for the price its a steal.

YardBoss Lawncare
02-01-2008, 03:28 AM
You need to view this site: http://www.brownandtanusedzeroturnmowers.com/ Look under the Kansas section on frontmounts. There you will find Gib's email address. He was the Kansas State Rep for 20 years. He retired in 05 and started a business called Hopper for Life. All he does is buy and sell used Grasshopper mowers. No other brand but them. He's a good guy and will hook you up. Just email him and tell him what you need, he'll get back to you immediately. He had a 225 midmount with a 61" deck last week that was clean and had 420 hours on it for $5300. He has several, but I know that one for sure because he was trying to sell it to me. Email him and see what all he has. His name is Gib Burgan and you want to email the dtnspeed address.

retrodog
02-01-2008, 10:11 AM
I have a 2007 729 (29hp lc Kubota Gas) with 93 hours, but it would be more than $7000 though. It is my father-in-law's, and he is wanting a Bad Boy. I could give you pretty good deal on it to help cover shipping. www.shippingmasters.com will ship door to door with 15000 worth of insurance for around $500. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=212350

Johnson LCO
02-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Albery- I saqw that before and was considering it bit I dont think it has enough power to do What I want.

LDH- Thanks for the link, I emailed him and hopefully he can help me out.

Retrodog- That is a good deal but for 500 more I can get a new 721d. I dont want a huge gasser like that because I hear they really drink gas. I saw you had some diesels for sale before do you still have any?

retrodog
02-01-2008, 12:34 PM
No, I sold the last one last Friday. Yeah, he was looking at the 722d, and did some strong comparisons. They were both around $12000. The 729 came out on top on all the comparisons, and the dealer was also leaning him to the 29 gas due to the cost for maintaning the 22 diesel. I have talked to alot folks around here, and alot prefer the 29 gas over the 22hp diesel. The 21hp diesel is not the same machine as the 722d. I am saying that he is asking $9500 (no tax cash) the same machine new would cost you over $13000 new, and this one is pretty much brand new. If you end up liking that option just give me an offer. I have 2 big LCO's that will be swapping 2 hoppers each. I will try to help them sell them, so they won't lose alot of money trading in. 2 722ds and 2 21 hp diesel mid decks (not sure model maybe 321d). I will let you know more when we get closer to season. All 4 machines are just 2 years old, but I'm sure they will have more hours on them than 93..lol

CuttingEdge,LLC
02-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I am looking for a grasshopper mower. I will consider any diesel model or a low hour gas front mount. I will not consider any gas mower with less than 23 HP. I am looking to spend under $7k but I will not consider anything that is older than 2000. I live in DE but will drive up to 12 hours for a good price. If you live in the southeast I might drive further. If you know anyone selling or have one yourself post on here or PM me. Thanks

If you change your mind about the 20hp let me know....

GreenMonster
02-01-2008, 06:01 PM
I have a 2003 (i think) 725 front mount with around 500 hours and a 52" deck. that's the 25 hp liquid cooled kohler. It has the dump from seat collection. Also have the aeravator for it. If you're interested, I'll come up with a price for you.