PDA

View Full Version : 16' Landscape Trailer

NEUSWEDE
02-01-2008, 12:59 PM
landscape trailer with 16' deck split rear gate and front ramp for driving into pickup/dump bed. great working condition very solid, 2999 GVW new rims and tires. Great for mowing equipment, atvs or anything else.
$900 Obo

Landrus2
02-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Those it have brakes in both axles.:drinkup:

NEUSWEDE
02-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Those it have brakes in both axles.:drinkup:

no brakes it is 2999 GVW so it doesn't need brakes. I pulled an exmark navigator, and walk behind on it with trimmers, blowers and fuel and was under 3k.

Itzkcatz
02-01-2008, 02:07 PM
So the axiles are rated for 1500 pounds each? In Connecticut if it has dual axiles it needs brakes

NEUSWEDE
02-01-2008, 02:23 PM
not sure about CT but the law is anything under 3k doesn't need brakes. Has been checked by DOT before.

Itzkcatz
02-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Well if its rated for 3000 pounds each axile can only hold 1500 pounds which is weird i didnt know they made axiles rated that low. I mean its rated for the same as my single axile 14 footer

NEUSWEDE
02-01-2008, 02:43 PM
I think it is more for deck length. I have never had a problem with dot, and they have weighed it before on a stop. The trailer only weighs 900 so you have 2100 you can carry on.

THEGOLDPRO
02-01-2008, 02:44 PM
can you take a pic of the specs sticker on the side of it please. i cant believe a 16 foor dual axle trailer is onlt rated for 3k

NEUSWEDE
02-01-2008, 02:56 PM
can you take a pic of the specs sticker on the side of it please. i cant believe a 16 foor dual axle trailer is onlt rated for 3k

here you go

THEGOLDPRO
02-01-2008, 03:10 PM
wow, i guess it is, lol thats pretty lightweight 16 footer then.

NEUSWEDE
02-01-2008, 04:30 PM
wow, i guess it is, lol thats pretty lightweight 16 footer then.

maybe so but says load 2500 lbs which can carry a lot and no brakes to mess with and no inspection sticker to mess with every year.

McFarland_Lawn_Care
02-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Hey there.... I'm quite interested in your trailer. A little disappointed it doesn't have breaks, but I might be able to live with it for one year. I'm wondering if I could look at it sometime? What part of Maine are you in? I'm near Bangor.

Ned5485
02-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I like your trailer. I wish I was closer. I am curious, how does the the front ramp work? I guess I mean, where is the pivot point? Is it 1 solid piece, or is it split into 2 sections?(the 2nd section to get from the deck surface to the rail)

Did it come with the ramp? Or did you make it?

NEUSWEDE
02-02-2008, 07:40 PM
I like your trailer. I wish I was closer. I am curious, how does the the front ramp work? I guess I mean, where is the pivot point? Is it 1 solid piece, or is it split into 2 sections?(the 2nd section to get from the deck surface to the rail)

Did it come with the ramp? Or did you make it?

The front ramp was made using a piano hinge. The pivot point is on the front beam at deck height. The ramp is all one piece. gravity holds it down, as opposed to others that are 2 sections and need a chain or latch to hold down and have a less severe approach angle. I fabricated this myself and works great, lays right on the dump and can drive right up into the dump. It is a great feature and will never have a trailer without one. I will have one on the next trailer and will take less than a day to build.

Ned5485
02-02-2008, 08:29 PM
It sounds like a great feature, and would like to build one myself. I see in the photo it is standing upright. When you play it down onto the truck bed, doesnt the other side then raise up? It seems like it would have to have to have hinges
and another section that folded down to the deck surface. I know you are just trying to sell the trailer, and am sorry to waste your time with how your design works.

NEUSWEDE
02-02-2008, 09:05 PM
It sounds like a great feature, and would like to build one myself. I see in the photo it is standing upright. When you play it down onto the truck bed, doesnt the other side then raise up? It seems like it would have to have to have hinges
and another section that folded down to the deck surface. I know you are just trying to sell the trailer, and am sorry to waste your time with how your design works.

I can drop it down tomorrow and take some pictures for you. I will take some of the frame and the hinges and if you take them to a welder he can probably fab one up for you. It is the simplest and best design. It is priceless the time saved over shoveling or putting into a trash can. I have landscapers coming up all the time to check it out.

McFarland_Lawn_Care
02-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Hey there NEUSWEDE, Not sure if you saw my message, but I'm quite interested in buying your trailer. I sent you a pm with my email and phn nbr. Also, what model blower did u have on the backpack rack? Thanks.....

MOWEMJEFF
02-03-2008, 10:37 AM
I'd like to take a look myself. I've used front gate to drive into the back of trucks before and it was my understanding that it cost more to insure. Was his a problem you encountered? Is this on craigslist too? I think I've already called you.

NEUSWEDE
02-03-2008, 12:19 PM
I'd like to take a look myself. I've used front gate to drive into the back of trucks before and it was my understanding that it cost more to insure. Was his a problem you encountered? Is this on craigslist too? I think I've already called you.

yes it is on craigslist. I don't know why insurance would have anything to do with it. I don't have to insure my trailer and it has nothing to do with my truck.