PDA

View Full Version : bri mar v/s pj dump trailers

Fishin LCO
02-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Just wanting some feed back on these two brands. Which one is more durable? Looking to get 14 or 16ft dump trailer for $6,000-7,000. any advice. thanks

PatiosInstalled
02-01-2008, 03:21 PM
deff pj trailers. much better construction

retrodog
02-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Pj is powder coated also...big plus in my book. Regular trailer paint is only rated to last 2 years.

mattfromNY
02-01-2008, 03:38 PM
PJ gets another vote.
Brimar cheaper. There is a reason for that.98615

FearThisDeere
02-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Out of those two brand, PJ all the way. There is a dealer down the street from me and they look to be a very solid trailer.

KS_Grasscutter
02-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I dont have any experience at all with dump trailers, but I LOVE my PJ utility trailer. Priced about the same as all the others around here, but the quality is just WAY better than anything else I looked at. I am sure there will be a couple more PJ trailers added to my fleet in the next couple of years.

Fishin LCO
02-03-2008, 05:39 PM
thanks guys, that what I wanted to hear

Edgewater
02-04-2008, 01:02 AM
I have two PJ landscape trailers. I think PJ makes great trailers. The problem is that the 12 foot dump weighs over 4000 LBS empty. That cuts into the payload. I bought another brand that is about 1000 lbs lighter. The differences are in things like the gauge of the sides, not the floor etc. I also like that the one I went with has a vertical lift cylinder at the front, these are much more efficient than an under body cylinder.

YellowDogSVC
02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I have a PJ 14k bumper pull dump. Only complaint is that it eats batteries and doesn't stay charged up. I have the wireless remote to dump and if the battery gets low, the wireless won't work. It is a heavy built trailer compared to say, Big Tex. The powder coat paint is better too. Rocks and road debris won't chip the paint as easily. It is also easy to add some wooden sides to a PJ. Doors are built well too.

Monte22
02-11-2008, 07:39 PM
I want to purchase a PJ within the next two weeks. I was just wondering how does it dump? I am also interested in a Felling. My buddy has a felling, and it has a 15ton hoist. He says that there is nothing he can't dump. I tried to get a answer direct from PJ about the size of the hoist, but they would not give me an answer because of warranty liabilities. So can some tell me how strong the hoist is and how much it can dump. I wan't a 14 footer. Thanks

PatiosInstalled
02-11-2008, 11:08 PM
I want to purchase a PJ within the next two weeks. I was just wondering how does it dump? I am also interested in a Felling. My buddy has a felling, and it has a 15ton hoist. He says that there is nothing he can't dump. I tried to get a answer direct from PJ about the size of the hoist, but they would not give me an answer because of warranty liabilities. So can some tell me how strong the hoist is and how much it can dump. I wan't a 14 footer. Thanks

i had 6 tons accidentally dumped in my 5 ton PJ trailer. it lifted it with no problem however you would never want to pull any more then 5 tons. you'll never max out the lifting.