PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have an ROPS for sale?

mowinginva
02-01-2008, 04:33 PM
We have a 60" Dixie Chopper and need an rops for it. We are able to weld, so we could modify something from another brand of mower. Anybody have one they want to sell?

Mowing Freak
02-01-2008, 04:37 PM
One thing to look at. Are you needing it for employees? If so, if you have an accident and OSHA sees it's been modified, you may be in serious trouble. I would spend the extra money and get one from Dixie if they make one. Just something to think about.

lawns Etc
02-01-2008, 06:30 PM
I have one from an Everide WArrior you can have it if you come get it its the folding one

my zip is 08318

GravelyNut
02-01-2008, 08:00 PM
One thing to look at. Are you needing it for employees? If so, if you have an accident and OSHA sees it's been modified, you may be in serious trouble. I would spend the extra money and get one from Dixie if they make one. Just something to think about.

What he said. An injury in an accident with anything homebrew can bring down the wrath of the Feds or State. Unless it is legally required by someone you have a contract with, going ROPSless could be cheaper in the long run. Such is the legal state in the :usflag:.

mowinginva
02-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the thought about employees. We're a family owned and operated business - no hired employees, so that wouldn't be a problem. We want the rops for safety reasons - we're in the mountains.

mowinginva
02-02-2008, 09:58 AM
I have one from an Everide WArrior you can have it if you come get it its the folding one

my zip is 08318

You're from Elmer, NJ. That's neat, we used to live in Burlington County. I grew up in Jersey. I'll let you know if we would consider that. I'm quite sure we wouldn't come up just for that, but if we incorperated it with something else. Any way, I don't know - will let you know. Thanks

freshprince94
02-02-2008, 12:39 PM
http://www.dixiechopper.com/accessories.php
dixie offers a few options for ROPS. personally, i think think these should be standard on all dixie choppers, exmark includes them on all their lazers so why not dixie?

Stripe This
02-02-2008, 01:45 PM
I have two if ya want them....up here in NJ. Both off Exmarks....a 52" Lazer Z and Z HP.

mowinginva
02-02-2008, 04:02 PM
http://www.dixiechopper.com/accessories.php
dixie offers a few options for ROPS. personally, i think think these should be standard on all dixie choppers, exmark includes them on all their lazers so why not dixie?

Yea, I agree. That would be nice.

mowinginva
02-02-2008, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=Stripe This;2131091]I have two if ya want them....up here in NJ. Both off Exmarks....a 52" Lazer Z and Z HP.[/QUOTE

Do you mean for free or a price? If free, you Jersey guys are generous. I've already been offered one from another guy in Jersey. That's where I grew up - wouldn't mind going up to visit, but don't know if an rops is worth it. I wonder if with them being off a 52", they might be harder to modify. We might be able to measure one somewhere around here to find out how it would work.

Stripe This
02-03-2008, 11:49 AM
You can have them for free....I wouldn't know where to begin to ship it. But if you wanna take a trip up here, I have two to pick from. Never been used. They're just sitting there waiting for pickup.

mowinginva
02-07-2008, 12:44 PM

my zip is 08318

Go ahead and do whatever you want to do with the rops. I don't know when we'll get up there. If we are going to go up your way, I may message you. Thanks

lawns Etc
02-07-2008, 08:35 PM
SAme here I am not doing anything with it justcontact me if you are coming

Tadams
02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
I've got one off of a 60" Lazer.

mowinginva
02-08-2008, 03:52 PM
I've got one off of a 60" Lazer.

Is it for free or a price? If a price, how much? I'll look up Cartersville on the map. Could you give me some measurements? How wide is it at the bottom and the total height? Is it a folding one? Thanks

Tadams
02-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Is it for free or a price? If a price, how much? I'll look up Cartersville on the map. Could you give me some measurements? How wide is it at the bottom and the total height? Is it a folding one? Thanks

I couldn't give it to you for free but it wouldn't be much. I'll have to go to the storage place and measure it and see. I'm about halfway between Atlanta and Chatanooga on I-75. About an hour from either one.

mowinginva
02-09-2008, 01:13 PM
I couldn't give it to you for free but it wouldn't be much. I'll have to go to the storage place and measure it and see. I'm about halfway between Atlanta and Chatanooga on I-75. About an hour from either one.

I looked up Cartersville on the map. It's a bit far for us to travel just for an rops. Do you ever come up either I-75 or I-85 in your travels? Didn't know if we could meet you partway.

Ol Dull Blade
02-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey i have one off a new scag turf tiger ..it might be made to fit ..i live in clintwood ,va not far from richlands ...let me know if ur interested..Thanks

TLS
02-10-2008, 09:25 AM
mowinginVA,

Have you ever operated a Z with ROPS?

DC's have about the widest track width of any Z out there. Yours should be 59" wide. Not easy to tip over IMO.

You say you live in the mountains....mountains have trees....trees have branches....ROPS dont like branches.

I'm not saying to buck the safety issue, but if your mower didn't come with one....

Ol Dull Blade
02-11-2008, 02:37 PM
hey here is a couple pics of the rops off scag turf tiger ..its a foldable the bottom part is still attached to mower its off a new mower doesnt have any scratches will take 275.00 for it Thanks !