PDA

View Full Version : new pictures site

stslawncare
10-30-2001, 11:42 PM
hey guys, ive been working hard and am making a site for lawnsite.com members pictures of trucks, trailers, and equipment. i am going to try to keep this to just lawnsite members, not pictures of equip that is other landscapers equip, just ours. if you are interested let me know here, and ill pm you the address to send the pictures to. my goal is to get everyones pics in one place, that way when new memebers wanna no what we got, just send them the link, also maybe save a little space on ls to.

vipermanz
10-31-2001, 03:28 AM
try this it's free (http://communities.msn.com/LawnSitesEquipmentPictureSite/_whatsnew.msnw)

you may have to sign up for hotmail to be a member but it's free

stslawncare
10-31-2001, 08:00 AM
my site is free, no extra stuff, like links and banners on it, nor do you have to sign up for anything.

cp
10-31-2001, 12:28 PM
I would to get in on it.

Runner
10-31-2001, 12:30 PM
Why not just use Guidos? His is an msn community, is well known, already established, and has MORE than enough capacity for any pics we could possibly post. I mean, he went through the effort and time to get this all set up, he maintains it, and he's invited all of us to visit and post pics anytime. What beter hospitality could you ask for. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the idea of another picture site, but it just seems more practical to be consistent on one that many have already posted on. I can certainly appreciate the effort and consideration you guys put into these, though. :confused:

Guido
10-31-2001, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Runner
Why not just use Guidos? His is an msn community, is well known, already established, and has MORE than enough capacity for any pics we could possibly post. I mean, he went through the effort and time to get this all set up, he maintains it, and he's invited all of us to visit and post pics anytime. What beter hospitality could you ask for. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the idea of another picture site, but it just seems more practical to be consistent on one that many have already posted on. I can certainly appreciate the effort and consideration you guys put into these, though. :confused:

It doesn't really matter to me, MSN definetly has their quirks like having to have a msn passport or a hotmail account (at least its free though) and also not being able to link directly to pics yet(But you soon will be able to).

The whole reason I came up with the page is because I was getting e-mailed all these photo's and people asking me to e-mail them a photo of such and such a job I did, and I would have to send it out 100 times. I figured we could just post them all there and they will be there for everyone for as long as MSN is around.

I am also starting to add pages such as formula's and conversion charts (done kinda for now) and a few other pages with info on them. I think the different sites would serve different purposes.

Viperman - I'm not saying anything bad about the link you posted at all, its a good idea, but you guys are all welcome to add to the community I started, which like Runner said, already has a ton of pics from members here. The folder with clipart is up to 1500 pieces I believe too.

I started that site up to make things simpiler for photo sotrage and general information to supplement the info here on Lawnsite.com. Its going to get confusing if there are 20 different ones I think??

I saw what Scottie was doing and its a good simple easy setup that could help out around here. Don't worry about me, my site isn't going anywhere! ;) Its also a good idea because memebers should be able to link to those pics easier. I would still like to use my site for sharing general pics of industry related stuff and things like that.

stslawncare
10-31-2001, 03:07 PM
i like guidos site a lot. From my point of view his site is more for construction. I think his site is awesome in fact, my site will just be lawncare setups no construction or pictures of lawns or anything, nor will there be banners, screen names or anything.

vipermanz
10-31-2001, 05:13 PM
guido's place is good too