PDA

View Full Version : Orsen Wells Dauther & Me

ArizPestWeed
02-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Orsen Wells Dauther & Me
Remember the letter I wrote a month ago??
It was published in the local news paper
"Letter's to the Editor "
There has been 5 responses , 2 from weird "Cat Lady" type , you know , the one that lives alone and has 38 cats . like on Animal Planet ,,,,,,,,,,
Well , Beatrice Wells finally responded and she called me a "Cat Hater" and went on to debunk my accusations regarding
the feral feline .
Do you all see anything false in my letter below ????

Letter to the editor

Relocating feral felines is a good idea ? No matter how much you feed them , they will still stalk , maim and sometimes kill any animal that moves ,wiping out what few natural desert animals we have left . This is what evolution has trained the feline to do , but these cats do not eat what they catch .
If the feline does not kill it , the victim will suffer a slow needless , painful death . These felines are a creation of us humans, an extension of our egos , they are not natural .
Both my neighbors have cats that bury their fecal business on my property and I have no choice but to let them , if a lizard , snake or bird catches their attention , they stalk it to death . Why do they deserve to live and the indigenous desert animals do not??
They are mass murders , indiscriminately killing anything that moves , just because it moved . Many of you have bird feeders , how would you feel if one of them attacked a bird as if fed from the food you put out ?? If you were able to watch your bird feeder all day , I am sure you would see it happen more often than you think . Cats are driven to stalk anything that moves , they canít help it .
I have experienced & heard the story many times over ,how some oneís cat brought them a present , a half dead bird , lizard , or perhaps a baby animal that would of grownup into a beautiful Arizona Cottontail .
We need to take responsility for the monsters we have created and protect what was here first , what really deserves to live , the natural desert indigenous animals .
These cats are pest , not pets

ArizPestWeed
02-01-2008, 11:41 PM
I forget , i should say that she spearheaded a "catch neuter release" of over 300 feral cats to be relocated form a trailer park that is being replaced with a condo plex .
She says it the humane thing to do ,,I disagree

Whitey4
02-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Cats annoy the heck out of me. The owners let them out at night to prowl the neighborhood... and in the process, they let their stinkin fleas jump off of them... in my yard. I've been lucky for the past 6 or so years, but the last two infestations I've had were cat fleas, that rode into the house on my dog. I REALLY love fumigating my house and treating the property the same day.

Now, I will have to admit, my dog does catch squirrels and the occassional rabbit, but death is instant. And, she eats them. All I find is the tail. But like the cats, it's what she does. This dog is a lurcher. To go off topic a bit...

Lurchers are not a recognised AKC breed. The English land owners, the lords, used greyhounds (sight hounds) to catch rabbits for sport and food. The gypsies and peasant farmers were not allowed to own sight hounds because they would poach for food on the lord's property. So, they cross bred greyhounds with perhaps an Irish Wolfhound, a Border Collie or another breed so that the dog would not LOOK like a greyhound. Mine is a greyhound- border collie mix. Fast as all get-out, and can turn on a dime. She gets the animal by the neck, and whips it from side to side, maybe as fast as 5 times in a half second.

Animals will do what their genes tell them to do. Cats should be kept indoors. I don't want them hunting on my property, I don't want their fleas on my property. I sure don't want their feces on my property. Dogs are fenced in... cats are not. I would never shoot one, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about it.

APW... yopu were spot on.