PDA

View Full Version : 21 ft. Doolittle trailer price?

mruiz
02-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Need some advice on what this trailer is worth?
Doolittle Landscape trailer DUAL AXLE Inside dimensions are 21.5 foot by 76 inches width. New Deck, New Tires. model year 2001 with lost title so I would have to get a homemade title.
Thanks

YardBoss Lawncare
02-02-2008, 02:42 AM
I bought an 07' That looked identical to it last year. Mine was 20' x 82" though. I gave $2,100 for it brand new. Oklahoma price. Something to keep in mind though is that when they build trailers they usually buy the metal in 20' sticks. The length of the trailer doesnt change the price a whole lot because of this. For example: If you buy a 16' trailer, they cut 4' off of a 20' stick and let it fall on the ground. You still have to pay for that "waste". I had a trailer dealer/manufacturer tell me this is why length doesnt change price that much. He said it's your axles and stuff that makes the price vary alot. Anyway, something to keep in mind since this one is 21'.

YardBoss Lawncare
02-02-2008, 02:46 AM
This was mine. I built the tool cage upfront myself and added the trimmer, rake racks. It originally looked like the one you have.

mruiz
02-02-2008, 11:02 AM
LDH Thanks for the input. I wasnt sure if to purchase this trailer asking price is $1650. But your right for alittle bit more money I can buy it new and have a title. Who know why this trailer is missing the title. Problady just headache that I rather not get into.

YardBoss Lawncare
02-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Might be stolen. I would go with a new one too, for that reason and the asking price reason. If it is hot and the person gets caught, then tells the cops he sold it to you, theyll be rolling up on you to sieze it when youre at a customers mowing or something. That wouldnt look good. If you do buy it, get a bill of sale.