PDA

View Full Version : Mole Problems

tmc8524
02-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Does anybody know any good ways to get rid of moles?(excluding explosives)

bug-guy
02-02-2008, 02:57 PM
talprid looks like gummy worms sold at lesco and other places.
flatten mounds wait a day and the ones that are popped up put a worm in it

rcreech
02-02-2008, 06:13 PM
talprid looks like gummy worms sold at lesco and other places.
flatten mounds wait a day and the ones that are popped up put a worm in it

Baiting the Conical mounds is not the best way. It is better to bait the tunnels. And don't "flatten" the tunnels, just poke a hole in the tunnel and if it is "repaired" then it is an active tunnel.

Read the directions on Talparid, or you can read the post that has been going on all week.

kjslawn
02-02-2008, 09:08 PM
The best way is stick a hose in the tunnel and wait 5 sec and when the head pops up beat it like a red headed step child works every time.

Barefoot James
02-02-2008, 09:47 PM
http://www.themoleman.com/

All Season Bill
02-03-2008, 03:01 AM
I disagree rcreech. The probe can go down deep in the mounds and you can get them where they live. With the tunnels, there is no place to put the bait. It only goes down an inch or two. We don't need the neighborhood pet digging it out.

rcreech
02-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I disagree rcreech. The probe can go down deep in the mounds and you can get them where they live. With the tunnels, there is no place to put the bait. It only goes down an inch or two. We don't need the neighborhood pet digging it out.

To each his own....

"With the tunnels, there is not place to put the bait"?

What do you mean....this is where they travel. I just poke a hole, lay the worm in the tunnel and then "pinch" the tunnel shut.

I have completed about 80 jobs in the last year and I guarantee my mole control 100%. I NEVER bait conical mounds unless that is all there is in the lawn!

I go back and make sure that the bait is taken, and if you bait conical mounds then there is no verification!

This product is safe to pets...but I have never had a pet dig it up so I am not sure what you are talking about.

Runner
02-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Yep. And you can't go by the conical mounds anyway, because whee they are at are not necessarily where the second and third layer are accessed. They excavate and carry dirt for quite a distance sometimes before placing it to the surface. As far as the pet thing is concerned, this is not that big of a concern, as each dose is an amount to be lethal to an adult (full sized) mole. Most house pet are not this small. They would have to ingest several of these to cause harm or death. I'm not saying it isn't possible, though. I have never heard of these thigs being of any appeal to pets, though.