PDA

View Full Version : Turf magizine nothing but advertisements.!!!

Turf Commando
02-03-2008, 12:54 AM
I've subscribed to the magizine looking for good reviews and insight on the industry. 98% of magizine is advertisements, is it just me or do you agree...?

JB1
02-03-2008, 12:58 AM
yeah , but they are nice and in color.

Jason Rose
02-03-2008, 01:02 AM
A. it's FREE, what do you think pays for all the printing, paper, staff, and postage? And B. it's lawn care... If it was full of articles and news cover to cover they would be repeating the stuff after the first two months. There's just not that much new information to share out there. New Machines, Chemicals, and Irrigation products is about the only real news, and of course that turns into more ads.

nherweck
02-03-2008, 02:32 AM
Those advertisements have to be working though--I saw a few dealers listed in there that I didn't even known were near my area!

I don't mind the ads at all. They keep me entertained. It's like a catalog, hah.

LindblomRJ
02-03-2008, 02:47 AM
They usually have an article in the regional section that is pretty interesting. Yes there is a lot of advertising but the price is right. There is usually an equipment review that is good to read.

Yes there is an article or two that is relevent to your region.

mowing grass 1111
02-03-2008, 08:07 AM
i got them for a year and canceled the subscription ....huge waste of paper and ink... you know its a rag when they qoute this site lol

IndyChad
02-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Its free, so if you do not like it just cancel it or use it to start a fire.

PROCUT1
02-03-2008, 08:27 PM
i got them for a year and canceled the subscription ....huge waste of paper and ink... you know its a rag when they qoute this site lol

They own this site

Turf Commando
02-03-2008, 08:31 PM
They own this site
LOL...to cool

Mr Priceless
02-03-2008, 08:57 PM
it's why we can blatantly disregard subscription prices....and yes, the ads have pretty colors LOL

P.Services
02-03-2008, 09:06 PM
i thumb through it for about 30 seconds and toss it in the trash. my favorite mag is PRO. i look forward to it coming every month. the stories are great, some about small guys runing one crew and others about huge companies. not to many ads at all. if you dont get it you MUST start !!! its free to

kathyu
02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
I see you guys have been busy while I was out of the office! LOL...

Thank you to those defending Turf magazine. Our ratio's are consistent with all other controlled circ publications as required by the USPS. I believe it's 60% advertising to 40% editorial. There are no exceptions if you are mailing 2nd class.

I think debate and competition is healthy for any business, so keep up the fire guys! :usflag::usflag:

Kathy

newz7151
02-04-2008, 02:00 PM
LOL...to cool

You know he's serious, right? MooseRiverPublishing, which puts out TurfMag and others, bought Lawnsite.com from Sean sometime back.

mowing grass 1111
02-04-2008, 05:20 PM
They own this site yeah i know . but they have been doing it for years ... long before they bought this site

Turf Commando
02-04-2008, 09:50 PM
You know he's serious, right? MooseRiverPublishing, which puts out TurfMag and others, bought Lawnsite.com from Sean sometime back.

Yes sir....:usflag:

Turf Commando
02-04-2008, 09:53 PM
I believe it's 60% advertising to 40% editorial.

I think maybe, you have figures mixed up, more like 75% advertisements 25% editorials..LOL just picking on you ....

PROCUT1
02-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Well throw the thing out then. Jeez

I have never seen so many threads come up whining about a free magazine.

They dont say anything that theyre not.

They dont advertise as being the "landscaping bible" information filled reference book.

They are an advertising magazine, with a couple of interesting articles thrown in there.

I like it, I flip through it. Sometimes I toss it after 30 seconds other times I read the whole thing.

kathyu
02-05-2008, 03:04 PM
I like it, I flip through it. Sometimes I toss it after 30 seconds other times I read the whole thing.

Ouch! You're killing me here!:usflag:

PROCUT1
02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Haha

COme on Kathy....I said "sometimes" haha.

Ill rephrase

MOST times I read the whole thing..... :)

kathyu
02-05-2008, 05:09 PM
:drinkup::usflag::drinkup:

lawnpro724
02-07-2008, 09:41 PM
i thumb through it for about 30 seconds and toss it in the trash. my favorite mag is PRO. i look forward to it coming every month. the stories are great, some about small guys runing one crew and others about huge companies. not to many ads at all. if you dont get it you MUST start !!! its free to

PRO is a great mag and Lawn & Landscape is another good magazine. I don't much care for TURF either to many ads and not much information if any and if they have articles to read there not relevant to the majority of us.

treeman06
02-22-2008, 11:08 PM
i would like to see more product reviews, field test comparisons, even the articles seem to be ads.

Paradise Landscapes
03-09-2008, 07:53 AM
I read all articles, do look at ads. I keep all issues for future refference. All i can say is that I enjoy this magazine just like any other magazine. I also like to see what part of this site gets published. Haven't seen myself in it yet though. Anyways, Keep it up moose river publishing!

Lazer_Z
03-09-2008, 04:36 PM
I read all articles, do look at ads. I keep all issues for future reference. All i can say is that I enjoy this magazine just like any other magazine. I also like to see what part of this site gets published. Haven't seen myself in it yet though. Anyways, Keep it up moose river publishing! ditto, I really look forward to receiving my issue of TURF I can almost time it lol. If it's not here the day I figure it should be I know it'll be here the next.