PDA

View Full Version : manu's for manu's

Mike M
02-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I was trying to figure out who makes what for who. Do all manu's make all there own stuff?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Depends on who you ask! LOL

Call Dabmar and ask them that question.
Then call Nightscaping and ask the the same question.

Keep calling.... cause I bet there are as many answers forthcoming as there are manufacturers.

Does contracting out a manufacturer off shore count as being a manufacturer in your books or is that more like an assembler?

It all depends on your definitions.

Flow Control
02-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Depends on who you ask! LOL

Call Dabmar and ask them that question.
Then call Nightscaping and ask the the same question.

Keep calling.... cause I bet there are as many answers forthcoming as there are manufacturers.

Does contracting out a manufacturer off shore count as being a manufacturer in your books or is that more like an assembler?

It all depends on your definitions.

Good Point, what is your definition. Mine would be if the manufacturer handles everything in-house (except for the socket) and IF they do have a factory outside of the US that it only handles their products at the location and not products for any other manufacturer. Contracting to another manufacturer does not count, it just makes you a middle man slapping your name on the other companies product (I don't care if you send them your specs or not) and that is my gut feeling on some of the brands we see and why you see so many brands popping up.

ChampionLS
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
We don't manufacture one single item. Every component is manufactured to our specs, and produced by companies here in the U.S. There's a benefit to this. To own all the equipment it takes to produce a fixture would take millions and millions of dollars. It also takes employees, and lots of management when thats the case.

Flow Control
02-04-2008, 12:02 AM
We don't manufacture one single item. Every component is manufactured to our specs, and produced by companies here in the U.S. There's a benefit to this. To own all the equipment it takes to produce a fixture would take millions and millions of dollars. It also takes employees, and lots of management when thats the case.

What state is your producted made in? NJ area? I think your company is a little different from what I was referring to, you are a small niche company.

JoeyD
02-05-2008, 03:14 PM
No lighting manufacturer makes anything for us and we do not make anything for any other lighting manufacturer. Although we do a lot of hard work for some knockofs who wish they were us.

We used to OEM our TF's and lights to Nite Time Decor but that was a long time ago. I know Aurora uses our Transformers but we do not do any OEMing for them.