PDA

View Full Version : Examples of contracts and door hangers.

GreenHor7
02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I was wondering if anybody has examples of door hangers or contracts?

Team-Green L&L
02-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I was wondering if anybody has examples of door hangers or contracts?

"This guy agrees to pay me for cutting his grass and I agree to cut his grass"
(2 signatures)

That's a contract...

What you need to figure out is what you need to protect yourself from. Every business is unique. We, for example, do a lot of landscaping with materials. Because of this, we have a clause that states that we "own all materials until paid in full", but if we did only maintenance, I might have put in there, "not responsible for rutting do to excessive rainfall" or something to that effect.

Contracts are funny because a generic one could VERY LIKELY cause you more harm than good. For example; our contracts are 6 pages of specifications that the customer BINDS US to. If we do not fulfill our end acceptably, we can lose the contract and even our balance in some cases.

This type of contract requires back up equipment, a solid work force, and a good deal of understanding costs. We didn't have those things at first, so I can assume you don't either?

humble1
02-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Some states you only own the material untill it is installed, so say you plant the tree, it then becomes part of the property. If you rip it out because the customer doesnt pay guess what criminal treaspass plus destruction of property.

I get my deposit 50% upon signing contract, Final payment of X is due on the day of completion or when project has been completed to where it can be used for its intended purpose. this way if a brick is out of place by 1/128 of an inch and the customer says im not paying i can say hey can you walk on it? yes. is it in herring bone pattern ? yes. are there areas holding water? no! then pay me its done for its intended purchase. I used to do alot of brick driveways , walks, irrigation etc. I started using a finance company if they were deadbeats they would get denied. If they didnt have to front money then they were happy to sign off on the job and make payments. I would also enchorage equity loans so they could write off the interest. I also take alot of pics, before in progress and completed, im going to court in april for a deadbeat from 16 months ago. Anything under $300 not worth going to court. Now im trying to do just chemicals, if i get F@*%ed for a few bags of fert not quite as bad as a brick driveway.