PDA

View Full Version : Price on Bobcat

littlepopelp
10-31-2001, 07:06 PM
Iam looking to buy a 6-8 year old (it has the older style gas tank, with parking brake and manual blade engament) 14hp kohler 48in cut gear drive Ransome Bobcat. It was used and owned residentially, who mowed only his lawn. Its in excellent condition. I could get it for $1350, i was wondering what your thoughts are on these year Bobcats(performance and maintnece wise)? Is this a good price- and what do they usually sell them for. And what year you think this may be with my description. I just want your general imput on this.

Thanks- ryan

Finecut
10-31-2001, 07:46 PM
Ryan,

Just looked at a flyer. You can buy a new 48"/with a 15hp Kohler for 2100.00+ tax. Wouldn't you be better off buying new?

littlepopelp
10-31-2001, 07:57 PM
where is that at???, around me its 2800 new+ tax

if it was that cheap i would buy new

RB
10-31-2001, 09:18 PM
those older bobcats were solid machines; especially if it has a posidrive belt. I sold a used one for 1,500 a couple of years ago. I see the scaper is still using it. good machine.

Ron

scott's turf
11-01-2001, 07:56 AM
I bought two 54" wb about 4 years back for $1200 a piece. I think they were a couple of years old when I got them. I just replaced the kaw engine on one with a peerless tran as well. The other one still has original eng and trans. They have made a lot of money for me for the price I paid for them. I change the oil a lot so the engines don't take that much of a beating. The only draw back that I have had with mine are the bolts that hold the brake bands brake about once a month and the couplers from the trans to the wheel pulley spindle strip once or twice a year. Both are cheap fixes though. Good luck

littlepopelp
11-01-2001, 09:44 PM
thanks