PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Drop in liner or Rhino Spray On?

All_Toro_4ME
02-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Well I guess the topic pretty much says it all. I'm just wondering what you guys use, if anything to protect your trailers (boards) and the beds of your trucks. There is of course the plastic drop in liner and the Rhino Spray on. I know there are other spray ons but these are the two Im focusing on. I just bought a new truck and trying to decide what's the most popular effective option to go with. Thanks.

MarcSmith
02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
rhino is nice, in that you stuff wont' slide around...and you truck bed wont rust. since its bonded like paint.

the bed liner is nice in that if you put debris/mulch in the back it make sit a bit easier to unload. down side it the bed liners usually trap water and will cause you bed to rust out quicker, and if remember correctly bed rust through isn't covered by most car makers warranties. plus the bed liners are pretty cheap, and you can install it yourself in a matter of a few minutes. No down time for the truck.

Skimastr105
02-04-2008, 03:08 PM
I would get the rhino liner. It is a much more protective product. I have had both the plastic drop in liners, and the spray in rhino liners, and I much prefer the spray in.

gandk06
02-04-2008, 03:21 PM
spray in without a doubt. Things don't slide around and the rust proofing is great too. I used herculiner do-it-yourself and have been very happy with it.

TomberLawn
02-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I'll vote for spray-in liners, but I prefer Line-X over Rhino. My brother had Line-X in his F-150 and I have a professionally installed Rhino in my Dodge. The Rhino does the job, but the Line-X is a lot tougher, "heals" itself if cut our gouged, and is more textured so stuff doesn't slide around. We even had our Deere Gator bed Line-X, but we traded it for a Husqvarna HUV, which was delivered today. I'm taking the HUV to get Line-X tomorrow. Even with Line-X in the dump bed, dirt and gravel slides out pretty easily.

BUCKEYE MOWING
02-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Gotta be a sprayed on bedliner.

Gmgbo
02-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Plastic, my professionally instaled line-x came up in some spots and dented the bed....never happened with a plastic line. Also plastic $150 Line x $800

TomberLawn
02-04-2008, 03:44 PM
What size truck did you have line-x on? My brother's truck was $400 for a 6.5' bed, and the Gator was $200.

GSPHUNTER
02-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I'll be the first to say neither. I have a Line-X liner sprayed in my truck, but it was there when I bought it. My last truck had a rubber mat in it, and stuff stayed put better with it. It was a lot more sticky then any spray liner.

Around here the spray in liners are anywhere from $425-$500 for a pickup bed. To me, that isn't worth keeping a few dents and scratches out of a work truck bed, but that's just my opinion. Also, the rubber mat can be taken in and out real easy so you can hose out the bed if you have to.

farmboy1285
02-04-2008, 06:53 PM
My dad has a line X in his truck and the truck before that. He likes it alot and has never had a problem with them. I think it only cost him about $250 and I think the liners have a lifetime warranty. The only thing is they tried to put a couple of line X stickers on the truck.

Quality Cuts PLS
02-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Check out Dual-Liner, it's a plastic liner on the sides & fender area, giving you the impact resistance, and incorporates a heavy duty rubber mat for protection and skid resistance.
It's the best of both worlds, for around $325.00 to your door.

All_Toro_4ME
02-05-2008, 08:37 AM
I appreciate the help guys. Thanks.

LB1234
02-05-2008, 08:52 AM
In the three trucks over the years we had spray on liners. hands down better than a plastic insert. Stuff doesn't slid around as easily and it doesn't warp/bend like the plastic liner. We have hitch salters in the back of our truck and store about 1200# of salt back there in the winter time and the spary on liner works great for it.

As for spraying your trailer...we looked into it last year. I figured to go up two to three feet on the side walls and then I could just house the trailer out to clean it up. However, upon further investigation the cost was rather high...around 700 bucks if I recall right AND it added a fairly significant weight factor to your trailer something like 400 pounds. I have about a 5k# payload and the equipment weight adds up fairly quickly

J&R Landscaping
02-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Sprayed in bedliner all the way!

bohiaa
02-05-2008, 10:59 AM
I never did get the whole spray in liner thing......

most of the time you try to protect something with a spray in liner you cant take it back off

LindblomRJ
02-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Sprayed in if don't want your stuff to slide around. Sprayed in if you don't want your bed to rust due to water getting in between the drop in and the sheet metal.

All I have in my current pickup is a rubber mat. I am debating putting a flatbed on. If I do that then will keep the current setup. If I keep the bed for a while I will likely use the do you myself kit.

meets1
02-05-2008, 12:14 PM
2nd truck with sprayed in liner. This time around though the guy put on a heavier coat than the other work truck. After having no liners, rubber mat, plywood, plastic, my vote sprayed in liner!

mowman84
02-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Line X is the best.

deere615
02-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I prefer the plastic liner, so it is easy to slide heavy materials off. I keep a shop floor mat towards the front of the bed so I can put things there I don't want to slide

lawncuttinfoo
02-02-2011, 05:40 PM
How do you get loose grass and leaves out of a sprayed on bedliner?
Or are drop ins the obvious choice for loose yard debris?

All_Toro_4ME
02-04-2011, 10:15 AM
How do you get loose grass and leaves out of a sprayed on bedliner?
Or are drop ins the obvious choice for loose yard debris?

I went with the spray on liner. I havent seen this issue pop up to much. Usually if there is anything back there,grass, leaves etc, I just hit it with the blower and that takes care of it.

DoetschOutdoor
02-04-2011, 12:22 PM
I went with the spray on liner. I havent seen this issue pop up to much. Usually if there is anything back there,grass, leaves etc, I just hit it with the blower and that takes care of it.

Ummm yea, grass and other debris would be a problem with a drop in liner but not at all with a spray in. My last truck had really nice spray in liner and my new truck has a drop in. Needless to say, I hate drop in liners if you plan to use your bed alot.